• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

T8SC

Have they decided what number he will get? :pie_thinking:
Also will they hand him penalties and free kicks?

Rumour has it, they're just writing GOAT on his jersey and leaving it.

He'll take penalties, free kicks and corners .. to which he'll take and then run into the box to head it into the net.

its-true-all-of-it.gif

Dark Rider

Rumour has it, they're just writing GOAT on his jersey and leaving it.

He'll take penalties, free kicks and corners .. to which he'll take and then run into the box to head it into the net.

its-true-all-of-it.gif

Sound like a plan.
Actually if he link up with Pogba well he will win the league golden boot.

Dark Rider

[Official] Antoine Griezmann rejoins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona on a season-long loan

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

T8SC

Don't forget, Cristiano Ronaldo re-signed for Manchester United.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
He’s a Blues fan but it’s a pity it’s taken him 11 years to join. Kind of shocking because Birmingham don’t have any money and although Watford let him go on a free, they are still paying 90% of his £75,000 a week. Blues paying £10,000 of it so kudos to Watford.

Nitty_Grimes

Don't forget, Cristiano Ronaldo re-signed for Manchester United.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Nah. Serious? Missed that. Saw that some french player decided he was staying at some french club but couldn’t have been anything major as it would have been all over the news too ;)

Dark Rider

Nah. Serious? Missed that. Saw that some french player decided he was staying at some french club but couldn’t have been anything major as it would have been all over the news too ;)

Someone known for TMNT? tried to go elsewhere to someone wearing white but the french club refused, otherwise April would be reporting it on the news.

Dark Rider

[MisterChip] Sweden ends Spain's 66-game unbeaten streak in World Cup qualifiers. Spain went undefeated for over 28 years in the competition, with the last defeat in 1993

Every run eventually come to an end sadly.

Nitty_Grimes

I thought he would keep the number to be honest. On the other hand we don't know what happened he might have offered it.
Apparently 21 is his country number so they’ve not pissed him off too much. Secretly he’ll be fucking pissed though.

Dark Rider

[Goal] Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo (on Antoine Griezmann): "When he left, all I said was that in Barcelona they wouldn't love him the same as they do here"

Agent Griezmann return to his home base after completing his mission.

Dark Rider

[Benjamin Quarez] After leaving his boyhood club, Eduardo Camavinga will give a Real Madrid shirt to every Rennes employee, 166 shirts in total.

Good good, I wish him success with us.

Dark Rider

[El Mundo] Exclusive: El Mundo reveal signing Neymar has cost PSG €489.2m, with a gross annual wage of €43.3m which will rise to €50.6m from next year. Neymar has played 71 of a possible 156 Ligue 1 games in that time - around 45 percent.

It is always interesting to see contracts leaks.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Koundé-Chelsea deal. Sevilla manager Lopetegui: “Koundé didn’t join Chelsea because our Sevilla board decided it was the right thing to do, based on the value of the offers. For me it’s positive - he’ll perform again at top level”, he told to Diario de Sevilla. 🔵 #Sevilla #CFC

Dark Rider

Fucking hate the international breaks at the start of the season. Boring as fuck having no football.
This one is always such shitty timing every year as well. The new season is just getting started and it comes along to disrupt things right when you're getting back into it.

Advantage: the players get to play some football to get in form.
Disadvantage: the players may get injured and can't play for the club.

Dark Rider

This is great quality content.

Next summer though :pie_thinking:
The thing is I think we will get a big signing up front next summer either way. Some people even speculate he will not renew and instead sign a pre-contract agreement in the winter transfer window.

Dark Rider

[Atlético de Madrid] Amazon Prime Video releasing ‘Otra Forma De Entender La Vida’ a documentary of Atletico’s title winning season, out on the 10 of September.

T8SC

Grealish was one of our best players at Euro 2020/21 and yet could barely get a start. Suddenly, a large transfer to one of the "big clubs" (Sorry Villa fans) and oh look, he comes on as one of the 3 subs to get us across the line against Andorra along with Kane & Mount, and starts against Poland.

png-clipart-emoji-thought-sticker-emoticon-computer-icons-sacha-baron-cohen-smiley-imessage-thumbnail.png

images

Nitty_Grimes

Nobody is allowed to criticise now cos of mental health.

Guarantee after Poland draw one paper would have been Poles 1 Planks 1 but not allowed anymore.

Dark Rider

CONMEBOL opposes a World Cup every two years

Good.

Prison Mike

Banned
I know one that won't suffer...

giphy.gif
While as a city fan I can't see him making the 20 point gap you had last year its a great signing for utd in the way of he will push all other players on team the guys the ultimate professional who can easily play into early 40s plus the wisdom he will pass onto greenwood etc is invaluable.

DKehoe

Gold Member
While as a city fan I can't see him making the 20 point gap you had last year its a great signing for utd in the way of he will push all other players on team the guys the ultimate professional who can easily play into early 40s plus the wisdom he will pass onto greenwood etc is invaluable.
Obviously as a United fan I wouldn't have wanted to see him play for City. But it would have been kinda fascinating to see how he'd fit into a Pep system.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Watched the newest episode of Ted Lasso

Mike Dean must have fucking loved getting a speaking role in a TV show

T8SC

It's game day.

Will Arsenal finally win?
Will Ronaldo start/get game time/score?
Leicester Vs City - Could be interesting.

DKehoe

Gold Member

Disappointing to see Giggs welcomed back like this despite the investigation he's currently under.

Top Bottom