• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Dark Rider

[Ornstein] 🚨 EXCL: Competitive games abroad back on Premier League radar. Only consultation so nothing agreed & would be years away. But under consideration as part of PL plan for int’l growth. 1st step would be enhanced overseas pre-season tournament

Dark Rider

[Stefan Bienkowski] Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has told Sport1 that one of the big reasons Jadon Sancho wanted to move to Man Utd was because of a "lack of acceptance in the English national team" of his achievements in the Bundesliga.

Dark Rider

UEFA Appeals Body declares disciplinary proceedings against Super League rebel clubs Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid have been declared "null and void, as if the proceedings had never been

Dark Rider

Bolton Wanderers cut links to betting because the club "didn't need to be part" of a market where adverts are "rammed down our throats", according to chief executive Neil Hart. The club no longer seek gambling cash and are removing betting kiosks at its stadium.

T8SC

I see/hear a lot of talk of Mbappe, but I'm yet to see anything from him to make me consider him at the same level as CR7 or Messi (In their prime).

When I think of great footballers, and his name mentioned amongst them, I can't help but raise an eyebrow.

Great footballers such as the aforementioned CR7 & Messi, along with - Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldinho, van Basten & Cruyff.

DKehoe

Gold Member
I see/hear a lot of talk of Mbappe, but I'm yet to see anything from him to make me consider him at the same level as CR7 or Messi (In their prime).

When I think of great footballers, and his name mentioned amongst them, I can't help but raise an eyebrow.

Great footballers such as the aforementioned CR7 & Messi, along with - Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldinho, van Basten & Cruyff.
As we start to exit "The Messi/Ronaldo era" I think people are going to need to recalibrate their expectations of an elite player. Those two are aberrations.

5xgLdEg.gif

1MESSI.png

Prison Mike

Banned
I'm not particularly serious about this stuff teehee but i think you just became the salt equivalent of sandman from Spiderman 3 :p
Not sure of that reference lol but no salt involved we got beat by a good team that we should have took given our chances but we will come back.

Tschumi

Not sure of that reference lol but no salt involved we got beat by a good team that we should have took given our chances but we will come back.
images

Constituting entirely of animated sand salt :p i liked the mental image...

That's fine by me, actually i also think City can overcome this, I'm pretty surprised they didn't do better in this leg to be honest.. Either way you guys have a good shot.

Edit: i hate my new avatar must revise

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
images

Constituting entirely of animated sand salt :p i liked the mental image...

That's fine by me, actually i also think City can overcome this, I'm pretty surprised they didn't do better in this leg to be honest.. Either way you guys have a good shot.

Edit: i hate my new avatar must revise
Yes revise avatar....

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Pep Guardiola: “If Messi is happy in Paris, I will be so happy for Leo. And let me say I’m in love with Marco Verratti. He is an exceptional player. He is small... but you can always count on him. I'm happy he's back from injury”.

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
The goal will distract from it but Ronaldo was poor overal today.

Him not running onto a pass because he’s stopped to throw a strop only for Cavani to run over, press and win the ball speaks to the difference between the two.

T8SC

I think they need to change their tactics with racism.

How did they teach kids to deal with bullies and gobshites? Ignore them.

So by kneeling, putting adverts out and all the other stuff they have going on, is just putting a spotlight on racism. Maybe its best to just ignore it and wait for the morons to get bored since its not having any affect/impact or making the media headlines.

The goal will distract from it but Ronaldo was poor overal today.

Him not running onto a pass because he’s stopped to throw a strop only for Cavani to run over, press and win the ball speaks to the difference between the two.
The whole team was poor. That midfield is non-existent. McTominnay always hiding.

I think they need to change their tactics with racism.

How did they teach kids to deal with bullies and gobshites? Ignore them.

So by kneeling, putting adverts out and all the other stuff they have going on, is just putting a spotlight on racism. Maybe its best to just ignore it and wait for the morons to get bored since its not having any affect/impact or making the media headlines.
The kneeling is just for show. Everyone knows it won’t do anything.

Dark Rider

[Sky] FIGC unanimously approved the ban on corporate participation in more than one professional club (from Serie C upwards). De Laurentiis (Napoli and Bari) and Setti (Hellas Verona and Mantova) will have till 2024 to sell one of the clubs they own.

Dark Rider

[Warriors of Uruguay] Luis Suárez when asked about the possibility of Koeman being sacked by Barcelona on Saturday after he scores to win the game for Atletico: "It's destiny. He treated me as if I were 15 years old. I came home crying from contempt."

Dark Rider

much like spurs with mou, i have no godly idea what barca expected from koeman

It was a product of what options they had and how much money they had, and of course him being desperate to coach them (he ditched his own country NT job right before a major tournament and payed out of his own pocket just to join Barcelona).

Dark Rider

Bonucci on Ronaldo: “Training with him gave us something extra but subconsciously players started to think his presence alone was enough to win games. We began to fall a little short in our daily work, the desire to be there for your teammates...Over the last few years, I think you could see that.”

Dark Rider

[Cope] "Why not?" Real Madrid legend Guti doesn't rule out training Barcelona.

Trojan horse on the way.

[El Larguero] Guti: "I would never go to Barcelona. They have a big mess. I enjoy watching Barcelona lose."

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Oriol Domenech] Barcelona will make an effort to sign Raheem Sterling (26) from Manchester City in January. The club were close to signing him in the summer already.

How much Manchester City is paying? :pie_thinking:
Barcelona are desperate for money so I can see why they would take the deal.

Dark Rider

Danilo on Guardiola: “It’s true that it’s not easy to have a good relationship with him, he is never relaxed, he thinks about football all the time. I think at home, in the evening, he puts his wife on the couch as she were a player on the pitch."

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

[El Chiringuito] Some fan has placed a plate of Nobita with the name of Josep Maria Bartomeu as vicepresident of Atlético, next to Griezmann commemorative plate

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Liverpool are dog shit. Outclassed by City all game even with the referee in their pocket and Milner staying on despite 3 of the most obvious yellow cards you’ll ever see in a single game. Embarrassing.

Top Bottom