• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

DKehoe

FAyojCLXoA0LWon

Dark Rider

Mike Dean chews gum in the background while Pep Guardiola is furious at James Milner not getting a second yellow card

Dark Rider

[RMC Sport] Kylian Mbappé : "I told PSG at the end of July that I wanted to leave"

I really wonder what PSG will do about this.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Mike Dean chews gum in the background while Pep Guardiola is furious at James Milner not getting a second yellow card

He’s a cnut.

Milner should have been sent off too. But it’s Liverpool and can’t upset them can you.

Last edited:

DKehoe

[RMC Sport] Kylian Mbappé : "I told PSG at the end of July that I wanted to leave"

I really wonder what PSG will do about this.
PSG are fixated on winning the Champions League and because they're financially backed by a state money isn't an obstacle for them. It's why they could turn down a ridiculous offer from Real Madrid. The Qatar team winning the Champions League in the year going into the Qatar World Cup is perfect for them and having that ridiculously talented forward line makes that more likely in their mind. The problem is, as we saw at the weekend that team maybe looks better on paper than in practice. Messi, Neymar and Mbappe are all incredible on offense but basically contribute nothing defensively. And while you can have one, or even two at a push, players like that three leaves you unbalanced.

Dark Rider

He’s a cnut.

Milner should have been sent off too. But it’s Liverpool and can’t upset them can you.

After he retire will he get a job at the referee committee? :pie_thinking:

PSG are fixated on winning the Champions League and because they're financially backed by a state money isn't an obstacle for them. It's why they could turn down a ridiculous offer from Real Madrid. The Qatar team winning the Champions League in the year going into the Qatar World Cup is perfect for them and having that ridiculously talented forward line makes that more likely in their mind. The problem is, as we saw at the weekend that team maybe looks better on paper than in practice. Messi, Neymar and Mbappe are all incredible on offense but basically contribute nothing defensively. And while you can have one, or even two at a push, players like that three leaves you unbalanced.

I know and agree with all what you've said, what I meant though is the other part to this, they see this a pride thing on their part and don't think any player should want to leave PSG for anyone else and they would go after other clubs for it.

DKehoe

I know and agree with all what you've said, what I meant though is the other part to this, they see this a pride thing on their part and don't think any player should want to leave PSG for anyone else and they would go after other clubs for it.
Most top clubs don't want to lose players unwillingly though so they aren't unique in that sense. But unlike most, PSG are in a position where the financial hit of a player leaving on a free is meaningless to them.So the threat of that doesn't have the same leverage it would elswhere.

Dark Rider

Most top clubs don't want to lose players unwillingly though so they aren't unique in that sense. But unlike most, PSG are in a position where the financial hit of a player leaving on a free is meaningless to them.So the threat of that doesn't have the same leverage it would elswhere.

Most clubs in general don't want to lose their top players, however I don't think any sane club will come out and say player X will not leave for free while their player is refusing to sign any new contracts, think of what the player must be thinking hear that, this is why I said it is about pride to them.

Nitty_Grimes

After he retire will he get a job at the referee committee? :pie_thinking:

Mike Dean? I think he already is on the committee 😂

Dark Rider

League, Newcastle United and St James Holdings settle dispute over takeover of club, which has now been sold

DKehoe

League, Newcastle United and St James Holdings settle dispute over takeover of club, which has now been sold

As I said above, it's pretty grim. I get that the Newcastle fans are sick of Ashley and he's been an awful owner. But it's sad to see a club getting used as a PR front for human rights abusers.
FBG6tgGXIAEZzps

Nitty_Grimes

The geordies won’t like it when drinking is banned at the ground.

They’ve gone from wanting Brucie replaced with Chris Wilder to expecting Antonio Conte and Mbappe in the January transfer window. Fuck me, delusional or what.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[L'Équipe] Leo Messi (on the Ballon d'Or): “In my team, there are two for whom I will easily vote: Neymar and Kylian Mbappé. And then Robert Lewandowski, who has just had a great year and Karim Benzema who was excellent."

:pie_thinking:

Nitty_Grimes

No salt the geordies are a funny bunch it’s funny watching them going from Poundland to now shopping in Harrods.

That they would have been happy to get rid of Steve Bruce and swap him for Eddie Howe but now all of a sudden it’s going to be Zidane or Conte as next manager and Haarland in the transfer window.

There’s still FFP and unless they are going to fix it by having Saudi Arabia Airlines sponsor everything like Etihad do with the Mancs to get around it, I don’t think Haarland and Mbappe are signing in January nor is Zidane becoming manager.

Toon still in a relegation dogfight this year and a bunch of unhappy players on £50k a week suddenly about to be upstaged by super stars on a million pounds a week in January isn’t going to be good for morale and until January they still have to use the same under performing players they have today.

As I said there is no salt, every toon supporter can dance round in a bedsheet and a tea towel on his head (which is insulting btw) as much as he likes. Doesn’t fix anything and they cannot do anything until January at least by which time they could seriously be in the shit.

And the irony is, if the silly fuckers get themselves relegated, they’ll get £100 million parachute payment from premier league to help soften the blow to the Championship - for a club who we keep getting told every five minutes is now worth £320 BILLION this would be an insult to the teams scraping around in the Championship fighting to stay alive.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[NDR Sport] The members of second-division club Hannover 96 have anchored the 50+1 rule in the club's bylaws. This ensures that investors remain limited, even if the DFL or a court were to overturn the 50+1 rule.

Boss Mog

I support France but it really looked like Mbappé was offside on his goal, yet VAR validated it. What's the point of VAR if it makes mistakes?

Dark Rider

I support France but it really looked like Mbappé was offside on his goal, yet VAR validated it. What's the point of VAR if it makes mistakes?

It was obvious that refs are human and they make mistakes, doesn't matter if it happens with the main ref or after introducing VAR if the VAR ref make that mistake, people just thought with VAR the refs will have better chance to not make mistakes.

Great Hair

Banned
It is going to be heated discussion with the people going and forth about it being a back pass or not.

Havent watched the match, but he starts off side, that alone should be enough. Also apparently there was a pen. not giving (hand ball) in favor of Spain too.

Dark Rider

Havent watched the match, but he starts off side, that alone should be enough. Also apparently there was a pen. not giving (hand ball) in favor of Spain too.

Why I expect a heated discussion.
For both incidents there will be a lot of questions about VAR and the refs handling it.

Dark Rider

[L'Équipe] Players will only be released one week (nov 14) before the 2022 World Cup begins (nov 21)

Top Bottom