• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Every Balon d'Or nominee being called a fraud on Twitter
FBlagJ0XIAoO-V7

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I know this was posted in the gaming side but I want to post it here too.

FIFA Reportedly Wants To Charge EA $1 Billion Every Four Years For Name

FIFA saw EA stuff the game full of micro-transactions and harvest untold profits off children and gambling addicts and thought they want a piece of that pie.

Dark Rider

[ActuFoot]Emmanuel Macron will play 90mins for a charity football game as a defensive midfilder alongside Rudi Garcia and Giresse. Wenger and Desailly as CB, S.Anderson as a striker.

Will he two foot someone or get it two footed himself?

We need a world cup with world leaders as players :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Martyn Ziegler] FIFA plans to ban agents working for both players & clubs in deals where player earns more than $200k annually - will cost agents millions

Banjo64

cumsessed
Spain playing Torres whilst injured and now he’s out for months for City, and we’ll foot the bill. Fucking hate scummy international football.

Sterling is dog shit and has put locally said he wants out.

Hope we don’t play Sterling and go for a front 3 from Grealish, Foden, Jesus, Bernardo and Mahrez.

DKehoe

Gold Member
A bunch of those goals have been the result of mistakes from Maguire. He's clearly not fit. Solskjaer is going to run him into the ground by over playing him.

Nice to see Rashford score on his return though.

The weird, pointless, away record comes to an end.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Rashford 'needs to prioritise football' says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

It’s a really bullshit thing for him to say. The stuff Rashford has done away from the pitch has been incredible and made a real difference to the lives of a lot of people. Also it’s not like it’s detracted from his dedication to football. The reports coming out about his recovery were about how incredibly hard he’s been working to get ready and be in the best possible shape.

Dark Rider

It’s a really bullshit thing for him to say. The stuff Rashford has done away from the pitch has been incredible and made a real difference to the lives of a lot of people. Also it’s not like it’s detracted from his dedication to football. The reports coming out about his recovery were about how incredibly hard he’s been working to get ready and be in the best possible shape.

I was surprised by his comment, I think he lost some points with some people too.

Dark Rider

[Ajax Life] Ajax has tracked down 25 people who tried to resell their ticket for Ajax - Dortmund for large profits. Ajax will block their season ticket, give them a €450 fine and give them an 18 month stadium ban. They will also report them to the KNVB to make sure they get a nationwide stadium ban

Solksjaer trying hard to find excuses for his ineptitude. I think Rashford has not been coached correctly though because he hasn’t developed his football intelligence.

Dark Rider

Mourinho: "All the words we heard from Juventus in the tunnel, I hope they say it in public too. They know how much they struggled... I won here many years ago without playing so well, today we lost when playing very well."

Dark Rider

[Daniele Mari] Di Canio: "I heard Bergomi comparing Osimhen and Lukaku. But Osimhen has a different spirit, he's not dull like him. When the difficulty increased he scored 0 goals in 5 games with Chelsea. And it's not Chelsea's fault, they are first even without his goals."

I did not know he get to be on TV

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Benjamin Pavard: "Great coaches put me at right-back because they have confidence in my abilities. It is not because of my beautiful eyes or my hair. On paper, Pavard is perhaps less sexy than Hakimi or Alexander-Arnold, but I think that defensively I am more complete."

Dark Rider

England set for Wembley stadium ban as UEFA consider punishment for Euro 2020 final crowd trouble

[Dan Kilpatrick] Breaking: England ordered to play their next two UEFA home matches behind closed doors, with the second of suspended for two years, and fined €100k for chaos at Euro 2020 final.

This is for UEFA matches only, they can play FIFA matches with fans.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

That happened quicker than expected.

This Newcastle take over has really made me lose a bit of love for the game. The PIF are shady AF, especially when you consider Mohammed bin Salman is the chairman. It also now means we'll have another team who are rich as fuck and will buy their success. Newcastle fans, hope you're happy that your team has sold it's soul.

And before anyone comments, I understand that Birmingham are owned by Birmingham Sports Holdings, who are a shady, faceless Hong Kong group run by Paul Suen......and I fucking hate it.

Call me old fashioned, but Birmingham, Newcastle, Man City and any team that is owned by rich, foreign investors shouldn't call themselves football clubs. We're nothing but playthings for the rich. Football clubs in England used to be created by the working class and for the working class. Those days are long gone.

Hopefully, we'll soon go to a German model where the fans own part of the team and then we can be called Football clubs again.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
lol mate we (Birmingham) haven’t got a pot to piss in, the stands falling down and the 30 million for Jude vanished.

Huddersfield going to dick us in a bit and leave us closer to relegation spots.

Oh and as an aside, kick it out have politely asked the toon not to wear tea towels in their heads as its disrespectful. Like I called out a week or so ago above.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Simeone asked if Atlético were unlucky with the referee: "No, no, I can get angry on the pitch, but just as the referee makes mistakes, we do the same. If the VAR says that it wasn't a penalty, then it wasn't. Griezmann's red was correct. I am not happy since we lost, but the team is strong.

Dark Rider

Ernesto Valverde: "If a coach did what Cruyff himself did now, some fans would crucify him for not being faithful to Johan. When things went bad, Cruyff would order CB Alexanko to go forward and us to send long balls to him. Today people are faithful to Cruyff style more than the man himself!"

Dark Rider

[Allan Saint-Maximin] on Steve Bruce: "You are, without a doubt, one of the most gentle people that I have ever met in the world of football. You have been a man of your word, a caring man and a fair man who never hesitated to protect us. I will never forget how you treated me."

Dark Rider

[Rob Harris] Gianni Infantino in private meeting with UEFA: "We need more participation and maybe there is a way of doing that by having two World Cups, but not with the same teams participating ... this is something that the technical people will study."

:messenger_hushed:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Did he cover some other sportswashing or something?

Score was 3-2 to United btw.
No, he involves himself in the most petty of Twitter spats and behaves like a Restera mod :messenger_tears_of_joy: Not to mention he himself loves to pocket the ‘Arab money’ that he likes to report on so much when he works for Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Good to know, I’m glad that the paupers on the red side of Manchester can manage to beat a financial behemoth like Atlanta :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Dazn Italia] Chiellini: “Ronaldo left on 28 August, it would have been better for us if he had left earlier. We paid something for it, a little bit of a shock, we paid something for it in terms of points. If he had left earlier we would have had time to prepare better.”

Dark Rider

Monaco and OL have both agreed to play their February Ligue 1 fixture in China. LFP will now ask FIFA permission to play the game abroad.

The state of things is truly dire.

Dark Rider

[Mike Verweij] World-famous Mexican-American actress Salma Hayek tried to "seduce" Edson Álvarez into leaving Ajax: "She called me as a well-known countrywoman and tried to persuade me to come to Stade Rennais. That surprised me and flattered me."

Her husband own that club.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Leeds need to sort their shit out. Keep going on about how good Bielsa is but keep losing every week.

Edit: 1-1 haha

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Rafa Benítez: "I said in one press conference that 8th place means nothing to me and I really mean that. I don’t want to stay here and try to survive. When you see the money spent the club has to be in a much better position."

Dark Rider

[Alfredo Martinez] Loan for Espai Barca approved by the general assembly. Voting: 455 attendees. In favor 405, against 21, blank 6. Barcelona will undertake the refurbishment of the Camp Nou Stadium with funding of 1.5 billion euros.

The plan is to finish it by 2025.

Top Bottom