• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

i simply cant understand how ManU is considering an internal coach for the rest of the season. Its like throwing the towel on first round.
Btw, another great candidate could be Marcelo Gallardo.
Gallardo would be very interesting to see but I just think the Utd board are too incompetent to scout for a potential hire anywhere outside of Europe.

It's clear there's no plan in place, even when it was obvious a few weeks back that Ole's position was becoming untenable.

Reactions: JLB

JLB

Banned
I believe they are just going to be using someone internal (apparently Carrick or Fletcher) until they get an interim manager who will then be in place until the permanent manager is lined up.

Gallardo does sound like a really interesting option and. seems like (from the admittedly small bits I've read and heard) he's really smart tactically. But like I said above I can't see United looking outside of Europe.

Gallardo is both a tactical and motivational coach. I dont think theres a single coach avail on europe right now that matches his records.

JLB

Banned
Gallardo would be very interesting to see but I just think the Utd board are too incompetent to scout for a potential hire anywhere outside of Europe.

It's clear there's no plan in place, even when it was obvious a few weeks back that Ole's position was becoming untenable.

Thing is: what is available on europe right now? Only Zizou comes to mind -and i believe its a fantastic coach- but if he says no, then what?

Thing is: what is available on europe right now? Only Zizou comes to mind -and i believe its a fantastic coach- but if he says no, then what?
I suppose the board will happily just keep an interim until the end of the season. Zizou has supposedly said he wants nothing to do with us which is a shame as his CV is fantastic and I do believe he would get the best out of CR7, Varane and Pogba.

Rumours of Poch keep circulating for the interim position and whilst I admire his work at Spurs, his failure to win much of anything with a squad as talented as PSG's is maybe a bit of a red flag and cause for concern?

Prison Mike

Banned
Utd's been a circus since fergie they signed ronaldo last minute to stop us (city) getting him which had domino effect of pushing out sancho . Until they let a manager come in and not listen to sir alex they will b fucked. Defence is a joke and as good as Fernandes is his chasing and pressing games a joke. Theres no desire in that squad

Utd's been a circus since fergie they signed ronaldo last minute to stop us (city) getting him which had domino effect of pushing out sancho . Until they let a manager come in and not listen to sir alex they will b fucked. Defence is a joke and as good as Fernandes is his chasing and pressing games a joke. Theres no desire in that squad
It's actually ridiculous how we've added Varane and gotten worse. Complete joke.

I know he has been injured but if adding quality like that doesn't drive the rest of the squad to better fight for their place then the mentality of these players is sorely lacking.

JLB

Banned
I suppose the board will happily just keep an interim until the end of the season. Zizou has supposedly said he wants nothing to do with us which is a shame as his CV is fantastic and I do believe he would get the best out of CR7, Varane and Pogba.

Rumours of Poch keep circulating for the interim position and whilst I admire his work at Spurs, his failure to win much of anything with a squad as talented as PSG's is maybe a bit of a red flag and cause for concern?

Cant wrap up my head with the idea of a team as big as manU having an intern coach now. Its november! At least in Real Madrid without a definitive coach would be simply unnaceptable.
Pochettino is greqt also, maybe that swap zizou to psg, poch to manu makes sense to me, though looks not veru probable.

Cant wrap up my head with the idea of a team as big as manU having an intern coach now. Its november! At least in Real Madrid without a definitive coach would be simply unnaceptable.
Pochettino is greqt also, maybe that swap zizou to psg, poch to manu makes sense to me, though looks not veru probable.
As mentioned previously, there's no plan in place from the upper echelons of the United hierarchy, forward planning has never been their strength and it's now showing through this whole managerial debacle. Shambolic in all senses, especially when you see what great practices both Liverpool and City are putting into place to set them up for generations to come.

Dark Rider

i simply cant understand how ManU is considering an internal coach for the rest of the season. Its like throwing the towel on first round.
Btw, another great candidate could be Marcelo Gallardo.

Manchester United will only hire a name that they feel is good for marketing (so someone the media circus in Europe already familiar with) or someone that has a connection to the club (the third option is a recommendation from fergie but I don't think he will champion anyone this time) to be a permanent manager, or at least that is what I think they will do, so Gallardo is out of the question for them. I agree though that Gallardo is a great manager.

Reactions: JLB

Dark Rider

Members of Borussia Dortmund have voted for a code of values. No change of the club name or the club colors, all home games must take place in Dortmund, national competition comes first, 50+1 rule, affordable tickets and social responsibility of the club towards its community.

respect.gif

Dark Rider

[Jason Burt] Zinedine Zidane keen to take over at PSG if Mauricio Pochettino moves to Man Utd

PSG management do not back up their managers in the dressing room against their players which is why PSG performance is always all over the place, big mistake for Zidane to go there for that reason (or any manager to be honest) until they fix that problem.

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

"We are learning what it means to suffer! We know that Conte is super competitive and if we suffer that is the path to success." Emerson Royal talks life under new boss Antonio Conte and banned foods

DKehoe

Gold Member
Rangnick seems like a good option for an interim. If Poch is the long term plan then you want someone who can start drilling a pressing system. Him sticking around as a consultant seems like a good move too. Suspiciously competent from Manchester United.

T8SC

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Spurs. Their shambolic results this season have made Man Utd look slightly better.

Well done boys.

SIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUU.

Dark Rider

[CONMEBOL president] CONMEBOL competitions are getting rid of away goal rule starting next season

I'm in favour of away goal rule personally.

Dark Rider

[Jonathan Veal] Antonio Conte: “After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation. It is not simple. At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high.”

Either Italy or Portugal won't be at the next World Cup.
I can't... I don't have the words.

I'm not planning on watching any of it because I don't like Qatar, but still...

I'm afraid for Italy, as Cristiano in those kind of situations is best Cristiano.

Dark Rider

Either Italy or Portugal won't be at the next World Cup.
I can't... I don't have the words.

I'm not planning on watching any of it because I don't like Qatar, but still...

I'm afraid for Italy, as Cristiano in those kind of situations is best Cristiano.

If Italy NT can play like they did in the Euro I think Italy will be the favorites to make it.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[James Ducker] Rangnick: "You need to be aware what kind of football you really want to play. A little bit of pressing? Come on, what is a little bit of pressing? A little bit of pressing is like a little bit of pregnant. Either you are pregnant or not? Either you want to play pressing or not?"

Dark Rider

What did it say?

"Following a review of the sport published on Wednesday, Nadine Dorries, the culture secretary, pledged to work “at pace” to introduce a new regulator that would supersede the authority of existing bodies such as the Football Association, the national governing body, and the Premier League, the top tier of English club football."

"The review, chaired by Tory MP and former sports minister Tracey Crouch, called for the regulator to have powers to block change of ownership of clubs, give supporters vetoes over key decisions and redistribute funds from the Premier League to lower leagues by placing a levy on player transfers at the top of the game."

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
How does everyone feel about Newcastle Utd's chances of staying up?

I think if they don't get six points from their next two games then they're going down. After Norwich and Burnley, their next few games to the end of the year are difficult to say the least.

Away to Leicester
Away to Liverpool
Home to Man City
Home to Man Utd
Away to Everton (although with the way Everton are playing, that might be an easy 3 points)

T8SC

Manchester United appoint Ralf Rangnick as interim manager - BBC Sport

Official.

I think if they don't get six points from their next two games then they're going down. After Norwich and Burnley, their next few games to the end of the year are difficult to say the least.

Away to Leicester
Away to Liverpool
Home to Man City
Home to Man Utd
Away to Everton (although with the way Everton are playing, that might be an easy 3 points)

Slim, but its mid-season and the other strugglers will have the same teams to re-play.

Dark Rider

Critical match today for a Real Madrid to give a clear message to other teams in la liga.

We won. We are not performing to our usual standards but all La Liga clubs are suffering COVID financial problems though (including us) and not performing to their standards too so I think we have a decent chance of winning the league.

All Spanish teams will suffer in European competitions though, I just worry how many seasons it will be before everyone can be on the top of their form again.

Away to Leicester
Away to Liverpool
Home to Man City
Home to Man Utd

There is the second half of the season for them to fix it and they have a transfer window to buy some players too, I think they will stay up.

Dark Rider

I was waiting for the sentence to post about it and here it is:

[GFFN] Karim Benzema handed 1 year suspended prison sentence & a €75k fine after being found guilty of complicity in the act of blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena.

Tschumi Tschumi I think you mentioned this case before here and I said let us wait for the court verdict.
Well the court made their decision so you can check the judge report and make your own mind.

Tschumi

Tschumi Tschumi I think you mentioned this case before here and I said let us wait for the court verdict.
Well the court made their decision so you can check the judge report and make your own mind.
That's very thoughtful of you bro thanks.. i forget what i said about it in the past but I'm glad he's getting some kind of comeuppance.. may more soon follow..

JLB

Banned
We won. We are not performing to our usual standards but all La Liga clubs are suffering COVID financial problems though (including us) and not performing to their standards too so I think we have a decent chance of winning the league.

All Spanish teams will suffer in European competitions though, I just worry how many seasons it will be before everyone can be on the top of their form again.

There is the second half of the season for them to fix it and they have a transfer window to buy some players too, I think they will stay up.

I think Madrid, Sevilla and Atletico are in the list of the best teams of the world, and (yeah, someone from Liverpool will say otherwise based on recent events) all of them are fully capable of competing with uk teams. The only team right now that is on fire and a step above the rest is Chelsea, rest is very close.

Dark Rider

Guardiola : You don't have to criminalise ideas.The World Cup is amazing. As a spectator, I always enjoy watching it. If I could watch it every two years that would be good. I'm completely in agreement with Arsene Wenger in that if it isn't the World Cup then it will be another competition

Dark Rider

I think Madrid, Sevilla and Atletico are in the list of the best teams of the world, and (yeah, someone from Liverpool will say otherwise based on recent events) all of them are fully capable of competing with uk teams. The only team right now that is on fire and a step above the rest is Chelsea, rest is very close.

Seeing my team not be on their top form make me less confident to be honest, I'm hoping for the best of course but I'm also prepared for the worst.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

Away to Leicester
Away to Liverpool
Home to Man City
Home to Man Utd
I made this point earlier in the thread. They get relegated and get 100 odd million for going down. The richest club in the world the toon army are fond of telling us.

They are some of the most fickle supporters known to man. Unai Emery or Antonio Conte to Eddie Howe. Haaland to well I don’t know who they’ve been linked to recently. But they cannot sign anyone till 1st January. It’s funny as fuck watching the implosion.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

If they lose every game now to the end of the year (a real possibility) then they'll be in real trouble. They're already 6 points from safety and haven't had a win yet. I could see Burnley getting out of it, but I think Newcastle and Norwich are gone.

If they're 10 plus points from safety come 1 Jan, then who is going to want to come and play for them?

But they cannot sign anyone till 1st January. It’s funny as fuck watching the implosion.

Karma in action

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
The position they are in they won’t be signing £250,000 a week superstars. Anyone who signs for them on those kind of salaries will be panic buys or proper mercenaries. Or both.

Top Bottom