• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Dark Rider

Ancelotti (on the Getafe match) : "We gave away the first goal with a player who usually stands out in the defensive aspect. It was like, players are still on vacation. "Yesterday I told the players that I liked the training, because I saw a team plugged in. Maybe the coach was also on vacation."

Dark Rider

[Rubén Uría] Atlético Madrid does not need or want to sell Kieran Trippier, but will not retain the player against his will. Newcastle offers the player a brutal salary: 9 M € / year. Atletico will receive 30-35 M €

Dark Rider

[Sky Sports News] Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich and Juventus have opened talks with Antonio Rudiger’s representatives over a pre-contract agreement this month.

[JLSanchez78] Real Madrid does no longer consider signing Rudiger.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
He’s already telling the fans how much he loves them actually in the usual standard damage limitation interviews he’s given in the last 48 hours.

Fined a weeks wages of £325,000. A fucking WEEK’s wages!! 😳

Dark Rider

He’s already telling the fans how much he loves them actually in the usual standard damage limitation interviews he’s given in the last 48 hours.

Fined a weeks wages of £325,000. A fucking WEEK’s wages!! 😳

that is the total wadges for a few years for some people, it is not a big deal for the top tier players though to them it feel like some change.

Oh no!

Anyways...

Would you accept it though if you were him? :pie_thinking:

Man the leaks coming out of Man Utd make the players look so bad.

OGS is not the best manager out there but he was decent himself, the players were the biggest contribution factor to the club performance but cub rather sack the manager and keep the snake players instead that will keep blundering the club budget and performance.

Labadal

If I hade the money he has, I would accept it. He'll either play his best football to try to calm the fans, or try to lure a club to sign him. He should have stayed silent in the first place. Vent to your coach.

Dark Rider

If I hade the money he has, I would accept it. He'll either play his best football to try to calm the fans, or try to lure a club to sign him. He should have stayed silent in the first place. Vent to your coach.

The fans should have known what they are in for though after all the talking he was doing while in Italy.

Nitty_Grimes

Going to be interesting second half to their season. Probably end up qualifying for Europe 😂😂

Watford in 17th easily catchable. If Newcastle won today and Watford lost, they’d be out of bottom 3.

FA Cup weekend though so no league this weekend.

Nitty_Grimes

Oh dear Cambridge beating them in the FA cup. Still, suppose the league is more important.

Dark Rider

Kroos: "I want to, and will end my career at Real Madrid. Whether it's in 2023 or later depends on my level, my body, and my motivation. But if every thing is in place, I will renew my contract. I have an incredible relationship with the club and I'd never risk it"

Dark Rider

[Alex Crook] Ralf Rangnick told talkSPORT sammatterface after tonight's game that Dean Henderson asked to leave #MUFC two weeks ago and he said no. Sam then aked if the situation had changed and Ralf said 'no' and that he was not in the squad tonight due to illness

Dark Rider

[COPE] Atlético Madrid are not planning to keep Luis Suárez next season.

Imagine if he go to PSG and reunite with his Barcelona mates there :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Dan Kilpatrick] Conte reveals he did not sugarcoat his assessment of the Spurs squad in Monday’s meeting with Levy & Paratici, insisting he had no interest in being “too soft” or “too polite”.

Dark Rider

[Jordi Blanco] Xavi: "We've had an inferiority complex at this club in recent times. Today we focused on removing that and we competed and were better against Madrid. I am proud because we have taken a step forward and we are the right track"

JLB

Banned
[Jordi Blanco] Xavi: "We've had an inferiority complex at this club in recent times. Today we focused on removing that and we competed and were better against Madrid. I am proud because we have taken a step forward and we are the right track"

"Step Forward". Lol. The only step Barcelon took yesterday was to the airport to go back home.

Nitty_Grimes

How does Birmingham fans feel about this loan?
Birmingham aren’t on the same planet as villa at the minute they are a hundred years behind so pointless them commenting on villa players. Blues are in some serious shit.

It’s a shame because villa were close to going bankrupt at one point and you couldn’t get a single comment out of any villa fan they were literally shitting themselves. Along come a couple of billionaires and all of a sudden they are billy big bollocks again telling us they are back and one of the top 6 teams in the country again.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

"Step Forward". Lol. The only step Barcelon took yesterday was to the airport to go back home.

They can throw away this season since they lined up their financial problems this season in the books so they can actually spend again for next season. We will see what they can come up but let us hope we improve immensely by next season to render their effort worthless.

Birmingham aren’t on the same planet as villa at the minute they are a hundred years behind so pointless them commenting on villa players. Blues are in some serious shit.

It’s a shame because villa were close to going bankrupt at one point and you couldn’t get a single comment out of any villa fan they were literally shitting themselves. Along come a couple of billionaires and all of a sudden they are billy big bollocks again telling us they are back and one of the top 6 teams in the country again.

It always fascinate me how fans of clubs with owners react if their club is on the verge on bankruptcy, it is scary for sure but also an opportunity to take back ownership of their club.
As for Birmingham I thought there was a little hope and optimism before the season started, what happened?

JLB

Banned
They can throw away this season since they lined up their financial problems this season in the books so they can actually spend again for next season. We will see what they can come up but let us hope we improve immensely by next season to render their effort worthless.

It always fascinate me how fans of clubs with owners react if their club is on the verge on bankruptcy, it is scary for sure but also an opportunity to take back ownership of their club.
As for Birmingham I thought there was a little hope and optimism before the season started, what happened?

To be seen how much they can spend next season. I guess Laporta is really betting on that Goldman Sachs loan. They have great talents in the middle, specially Pedri who is magic. They really need a new 9, Haaland would be perfect for them.

Nitty_Grimes

We don’t know who owns us or what their plans are. There is something called Birmingham small heath holdings that is ingrained on the Chinese stock market and apparently the Chinese don’t ever delist companies on their stock exchange so no other potential buyers could enter a bid even if they wanted to.

Ground is condemned and no fans can go to certain sections but again no update from the club on when this is likely to be fixed.

Its a waking nightmare. No money to spend and no hope for the future while this mob are in charge. I’ve stopped going you can say well you are part of the problem then I’m not supporting them but I’ve had season tickets for years but chose to stop about 2 years ago (before covid)

It’s hoof ball all the time. No I don’t expect them to play like Man City but it’s just long throws to the lone striker who usually has 2 defenders on him or even if he wins the ball there is nobody to pass to. All throw ins go half way up the pitch instead of the closest player. All goal kicks are punted into opposition half and usually mopped up by opposing defenders. It’s appalling. To think we are the only midlands club in over 25 years to win a cup competition too.

Villa should have been relegated last season after the covid restart but a VAR fuck up against Sheffield United kept them up. They would have been fucked if they had rightly gone down but that’s football for you and now they are signing Couthino and telling us how amazing Stevie G is. What’s ironic is before he signed they were wetting themselves that he wasn’t good enough for villa ‘only’ coming from rangers and had no idea managing a ‘massive’ club like villa. Rangers somehow a small club? That’s them all over.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

To be seen how much they can spend next season. I guess Laporta is really betting on that Goldman Sachs loan. They have great talents in the middle, specially Pedri who is magic. They really need a new 9, Haaland would be perfect for them.

They are betting on their new ground project and the super league project hard. If they go for Haaland in the summer they will have significantly less to spend on every other position, but they might feel it is worth it just to make sure we don't get him IF we go after him after all.

We don’t know who owns us or what their plans are. There is something called Birmingham small heath holdings that is ingrained on the Chinese stock market and apparently the Chinese don’t ever delist companies on their stock exchange so no other potential buyers could enter a bid even if they wanted to.

Ground is condemned and no fans can go to certain sections but again no update from the club on when this is likely to be fixed.

Its a waking nightmare. No money to spend and no hope for the future while this mob are in charge. I’ve stopped going you can say well you are part of the problem then I’m not supporting them but I’ve had season tickets for years but chose to stop about 2 years ago (before covid)

It’s hoof ball all the time. No I don’t expect them to play like Man City but it’s just long throws to the lone striker who usually has 2 defenders on him or even if he wins the ball there is nobody to pass to. All throw ins go half way up the pitch instead of the closest player. All goal kicks are punted into opposition half and usually mopped up by opposing defenders. It’s appalling. To think we are the only midlands club in over 25 years to win a cup competition too.

Villa should have been relegated last season after the covid restart but a VAR fuck up against Sheffield United kept them up. They would have been fucked if they had rightly gone down but that’s football for you and now they are signing Couthino and telling us how amazing Stevie G is. What’s ironic is before he signed they were wetting themselves that he wasn’t good enough for villa ‘only’ coming from rangers and had no idea managing a ‘massive’ club like villa. Rangers somehow a small club? That’s them all over.

First thank you for the thought out reply.

The issue in China is only effecting Chinese potential buyers but everyone else should be fine I think. Times changed in China as I understand it and the tycoons there are less inclined to spend on football, especially foreign football clubs.

I understand why you stopped going and if the club ever get into bankruptcy I think the fans should start a fund and try to buy it back, on the other hand though if the owners are evil they can try to dismantle the club and sell it in parts (asset stripping) then it will be a real nightmare to recover the club. Of course there is the phoenix clubs idea but I think the fans would like their original club to be salvaged more.

In terms of how they play, it is a combination of talent levels and trying to earn a living for the last amount of effort possible, in sports that of course result in a dreadful experience for the fans sadly.

I hope it get better for the club.

As for Aston Villa fans, they are in the honeymoon period of the new ownership so they need to be careful how it will look after the new owners settled down and started looking to turn the club into pure profit organization.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] - Erling Haaland: “Borussia Dortmund have started to put lot of pressure on me. They want me to decide now. And so… yeah, things will happen NOW. Even if I only wanted to focus on football and play football”. 🟡 #Haaland Full interview ⤵️ JanAageFjortoft

[BVBBuzz] Hans-Joachim Watzke on Erling Haaland's comments: "He is a spontaneous person, a young lad. He's allowed to do that. There is no problem with Erling. But he must also have some understanding for our situation. We can't wait until the end of May."

It is heating up, we might find out soon about Haaland destination for next season :pie_thinking:

Top Bottom