• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
There are some blues fans who think derby will stay up and blues will go down. And derby were already deducted 21 points 😂😂

And I agree the players at Birmingham aren’t on par with bottom 6 of premier league (or even top 10 of championship) it is just that it is so predictable all the time. The last 2 or 3 managers have all been the same. But I guess when the club are scraping around for free transfers or loans for the second half of the season in the January transfer window, that shows the level we are at.

The 30 million for Jude just disappeared into China somewhere.

Dark Rider

There are some blues fans who think derby will stay up and blues will go down. And derby were already deducted 21 points 😂😂

And I agree the players at Birmingham aren’t on par with bottom 6 of premier league (or even top 10 of championship) it is just that it is so predictable all the time. The last 2 or 3 managers have all been the same. But I guess when the club are scraping around for free transfers or loans for the second half of the season in the January transfer window, that shows the level we are at.

The 30 million for Jude just disappeared into China somewhere.

It is a cycle of pain sadly, eventually if the owners can't get any profit out of the club something will happen, the fans need to be ready at that point to salvage the club.

Dark Rider

[Simon Stone] Ralf Rangnick on Anthony Martial: "He didn’t want to be in the squad. That is the reason why he didn’t travel yesterday."

Dark Rider

[Sacha Tavolieri] Eden Hazard wants to leave Real Madrid. The medical team recommended a new operation, but Perez insisted on avoiding it, wishing to sell him.

He should pay back his wadges and transfer fees regardless, he is a scam for us.

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Anthony Martial wants to leave but he’s still not interested in any loan move to join English clubs. Newcastle and Tottenham approaches turned down. 🔴 #MUFC Barcelona, Sevilla and Juventus are three options to leave in January. Man Utd ask for full salary covered + loan fee.

Dark Rider

[James Olley] Conte On postponed #afc game: “If the PL decides to postpone games for injuries it means maybe they have to try to make a [better] schedule. This is the first time in my life there's a league that postponed a game for injuries. This is very strange & I'm very surprised.”

DKehoe

Gold Member
These annual best world XIs rarely make any kind of sense. But a 3-3-4, a formation that no one plays, seems like a particularly egregious example. Feels like we've reached a point where Messi and Ronaldo are no longer the automatic inclusions they have been for so long but they don't want to actually pull the trigger on not including them.

Dark Rider

These annual best world XIs rarely make any kind of sense. But a 3-3-4, a formation that no one plays, seems like a particularly egregious example. Feels like we've reached a point where Messi and Ronaldo are no longer the automatic inclusions they have been for so long but they don't want to actually pull the trigger on not including them.

Popularity among the media play a bigger role in choosing what players get included sadly.

Dark Rider

[ FC Barcelona ] We understand Dembele's decision is to not continue (at Barça) and we've communicated our decision (to leave him out). We want players that are committed to the club and we have told him he has to leave the club as soon as possible.

He burned his relationship with yet another club, at least with the other two he actually did benefit them on the pitch but with Barcelona he did nothing for the club.

Dark Rider

FIFA to introduce new loan regulations from July 1st 2022

Clubs with loan armies will work on loopholes for this.

JLB

Banned
[ FC Barcelona ] We understand Dembele's decision is to not continue (at Barça) and we've communicated our decision (to leave him out). We want players that are committed to the club and we have told him he has to leave the club as soon as possible.

He burned his relationship with yet another club, at least with the other two he actually did benefit them on the pitch but with Barcelona he did nothing for the club.

Not a fan of Dembele, but Alemany here is literally blackmailing the player.
You as an employer cant threat an employee to sign a new contract lowering your current signed contract just because... reasons.
Any good labor layer could harm Barcelona bad due to this.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Not a fan of Dembele, but Alemany here is literally blackmailing the player.
You as an employer cant threat an employee to sign a new contract lowering your current signed contract just because... reasons.
Any good labor layer could harm Barcelona bad due to this.
Yeh, contracts work both ways. It's not just for the benefit of the team. It's really a shame that it's not worked out for Dembele at Barcelona. He was such an exciting prospect. But Barcelona can't just expect him to cut his contract short just because they want him to. Each side made a commitment and unless they can come to a mutual agreement they should be expected to honour that.

JLB

Banned
Yeh, contracts work both ways. It's not just for the benefit of the team. It's really a shame that it's not worked out for Dembele at Barcelona. He was such an exciting prospect. But Barcelona can't just expect him to cut his contract short just because they want him to. Each side made a commitment and unless they can come to a mutual agreement they should be expected to honour that.
Exactly this.

DKehoe

Gold Member
What a surprise! Another wealthy foreigner wants to buy an English football "club"

Sick of it.
It's sad but the grim reality is these days there's not really a good option for clubs getting a new owner. The days of the local businessman funding a club for the benefit of the community are in the past.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's sad but the grim reality is these days there's not really a good option for clubs getting a new owner. The days of the local businessman funding a club for the benefit of the community are in the past.

How about letting fans own part of the club, like how it works in Germany?

Nitty_Grimes

What a surprise! Another wealthy foreigner wants to buy an English football "club"

Sick of it.
There’s meant to be protests down at Blues today. Next 2 games vitally important. Lose those then away to Derby, well they could overtake blues at this rate.

DKehoe

Gold Member
How about letting fans own part of the club, like how it works in Germany?
Yeh, that’d be great. Football clubs should be recognised as having an important cultural worth to their community and aren’t just simply businesses about the bottom line. So ensuring fans have a meaningful input into how they’re run could make a big difference. But I don’t think that’s something this government is likely to put in place. After the European Super League stuff there was talk about it but that all seems to have died down and at this point I doubt any meaningful changes will be made.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
There’s meant to be protests down at Blues today. Next 2 games vitally important. Lose those then away to Derby, well they could overtake blues at this rate.

If we lose at home to Barnsley today then we deserve to be relegated.

To be honest, it might do us good to go down a league. Every season for the past five years has been a relegation dog fight. Absolutely no progress at all. Maybe a season or two in League one might result in some serious changes.

Yeh, that’d be great. Football clubs should be recognised as having an important cultural worth to their community and aren’t just simply businesses about the bottom line. So ensuring fans have a meaningful input into how they’re run could make a big difference. But I don’t think that’s something this government is likely to put in place. After the European Super League stuff there was talk about it but that all seems to have died down and at this point I doubt any meaningful changes will be made.

After the super league drama I actually thought there might be some changes, but as you said, it all came to nothing.

If we're going to see change then the fans need to campaign to take control of their clubs. Unfortunately, a lot of fans would rather sell the soul of their club than campaign for change. Look at Newcastle fans. They don't seem to care that their club is now owned by the Saudi state.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Great to see Rashford score in back to back games. His confidence had been down and he's really needed that.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Marca] Problems in Atletico Madrid dressing room: Players don't like Griezmann playing ahead of Correa regardless of performances, and his high salary has also not gone down well. Rodrigo de Paul's star status is another point in contention for veterans, and he and Suarez are pretty much isolated.

Nitty_Grimes

Mike Ashley takes legal action against Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley

I don’t understand why she apparently had to borrow £10 million from Ashley. We keep getting told the Saudis are worth 320 billion plus. Couldn’t they have sorted her out with some pocket change?

Dark Rider

I don’t understand why she apparently had to borrow £10 million from Ashley. We keep getting told the Saudis are worth 320 billion plus. Couldn’t they have sorted her out with some pocket change?

Money is not free and they see nothing in it for them to pay anything on her behalf. Basically no one give out free money, pocket change or not, so if she want them to pay for her then she will need to give them something of equal value in return. She wouldn't pay anyone say 10k (which is pocket change for her) for free too. I'm not siding with anyone here but just stating the obvious about how big money people work.

Dark Rider

[RomaPress]:Mourinho: "The second half? We did it for the audience, they would've turned their TV's off if we went up 5-0."

DKehoe

Gold Member

Lingard clearly needs a move. He's good enough to be playing regularly elsewhere. It's a pity but I wish him well. Would be a shame if it ends up being Newcastle though.

Top Bottom