• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Every Action, There is an Opposite Reaction: Death on the Nile and Free Guy to Both Receive Sequels

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Kenneth Branagh, who directs and stars in the current 20th Century Studios series of Hercule Poirot films, is set to helm another entry into the series. Hopefully in 70mm again!
Steve Asbell, president of 20th Century Studios, had this to say.
Will there be more Agatha Christie adaptations?

We have the Poirot franchise, we have other Christie stories. I love these films, I love Ken [Branagh, who plays detective Hercule Poirot and directed Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile]. We have a third script written, by Michael Green, that is a pretty daring shift in genre and in tone. It’s post-war Venice and an adaptation of one of the lesser-known novels. So I think you’ll see the mustache again.
Would the mustache direct as well?

Yes. Ken is Poirot, but Ken is also the series.

However, where there is light, there is also shadow. A darkness seeped from Asbell's lips as he spake, with a wicked tongue that drains all hope.
We have more Free Guy movies coming. We’re going to be pretty busy.
What is the status of the Free Guy sequel?

We’re awaiting a script that is days away. It’s a fantastic story.

Some more interesting news however,
Will Avatar stick to its 2022 release date?

(No pause at all) Yes. It will.

For real?

For real. It’s going to blow people away. You’re not ready for what Jim is doing.

wondermega

Do we need a Free Guy sequel? Probably not, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that there is something philosophically compelling they could do with it. Matrix Resurrections actually started out hinting at some very cool and grandiose ideas before it became very "oh fine we'll just make what the studio wants" so who knows, maybe they can pick up the baton..

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Im Up Good Morning GIF by Regal

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I enjoyed the first, Oriental Express, and am waiting for the option to watch Death on the Nile at home. Giving me more is no problem.

NahaNago

I'm okay with a sequel to free guy but like others have said, I don't know where they go now. I thought the death on the nile flopped. Maybe I should see that movie.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'm okay with a sequel to free guy but like others have said, I don't know where they go now. I thought the death on the nile flopped. Maybe I should see that movie.
My guess is that Death on the Nile was never expected to turn a profit while in theaters, but still performed well (with the expectation that profits will come in shortly after its theatrical run).

Lunarorbit

Free guy 2 or avatar 2?

Hmm. Neither. Actually I am going to hate watch avatar on the theater. Why is there a sequel? I feel like Ryan gosling in that snl skit!

You know how people are all excited about forbidden west having pretty water graphics, and alloy swims so well!

Guess what, prepare to hear that ad nasuem for the next yest with avatar 2 and its water set.

Top Bottom