• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes] New ‘God Of War Ragnarok’ Trailer Showcases A Clear ‘Elden Ring’ GOTY Competitor

god of war 2018 was a far bigger departure from god of war 3 than elden ring was of dark souls 3. To use words like derivative is funny in this context

god of war 2018 was a far bigger departure from god of war 3 than elden ring was of dark souls 3. To use words like derivative is funny in this context
Are you le kidding me?

Huge difference between a game deriving features from OTHERS and a game deriving from its predecessors which the same devs worked on

You don’t feel the combat of GoW 2018 offers real challenge and depth?

Truth be told: I’m sure it does. But I truly hate the camera and thus I also hate the combat system.

Are you le kidding me?

Huge difference between a game deriving features from OTHERS and a game deriving from its predecessors which the same devs worked on

Truth be told: I’m sure it does. But I truly hate the camera and thus I also hate the combat system.

God of War also mostly borrows from its predoccessor, the only thing you can truly say it stole from anyone else (the camera?) is most notably from sonys other first party studios.

God of War 2018 is practically starting GoW from scratch so this isn’t really fair.

And the irony is it’s the same franchise, unlike elden ring. How many gaming franchises completely reboot themselves gameplay wise and even storywise like GoW has?

It’s basically zelda…shit, like Fromsoft a lot of devs don’t even greatly change the way their games play from one franchise to the next

Last edited:
The due date is November 19th reviewers will have the game by late october and Horizon 5 was included, it won multiple awards. Just wasn’t nominated for GOTY because its a racing game
Lol. The jury were told to have their votes in before the 4th November. I guarantee you that they won't have to have their votes in on the 4th this time.

and it will probably be GOTY again when it releases on PC next year!
200.gif

S0ULZB0URNE

And the irony is it’s the same franchise, unlike elden ring. How many gaming franchises completely reboot themselves gameplay wise and even storywise like GoW has?

It’s basically zelda…shit, like Fromsoft a lot of devs don’t even greatly change the way their games play from one franchise to the next
Elden Ring is a Dark Souls continuation.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm hopeful it is a legit contender for GOTY. If it is then that means we gamers got another kick ass game to play. That's what we all want.......right?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Top Bottom