• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget Justice League! Snyder should get Wonder Woman back!

RCU005

I just finished watching the SnyderCut, and I must say: This is the best Comic book movie to date. However, I'm not here to discuss the movie since this subject has been done countless time before, but IMO, Snyder has done an amazing job portraying the DC characters, specially power-wise.

But there's one honorific mention and that's Wonder Woman. You gotta love everything that he has done with the character, starting from the casting. Gal Gadot is amazing as her, and she has become iconic to the character as Lynda Carter was before. Also, the character, the power, the action, the fight scenes, the lore, temyschyra, her sisters, the outfit.... everything it' just amazing.

Wonder Woman (2017) was a movie mostly done by him. He was involved in every part of the movie, and most of the fans loved it. Then you compare it to WW84, and it's trash! While Gal is still amazing, the action sucks, it doesn't show that fierceness that she has with Snyder. With him, there was a balance between aggressiveness, class, beauty and power. In WW88 it truly feels like those old comic book movies that were mostly comedy.

Snyder should be making Wonder Woman movies, or just like the first one, be deeply involved in it. Jenkins ruined the character in WW84, but she has proved that could make an amazing work when she is following someone else's vision.

WB executives are so dumb. They have an amazing cast for their characters and they are wasting them! Superman, Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have amazing actors playing them, you can't deny that Zack did a great job with the casting, but WB is just wasting the opportunity to make amazing movies with them. However, one that truly has a chance to be there for the long run is Gal Gadot, so they should give her character to Snyder.

What do you think? IMO, they should restore the Snyderverse 100%, but with Snyder as supervisor, and him just making Wonder Woman, the other movies he should just supervise and let other directors do them.

Hatemachine

Banned
I've heard rumors of Snyder directing WW3 due Jenkins having scheduling conflicts. Zack and Gal seem like great friends I'm sure it would turn out great. Only question is how bad the relationship between Snyder and the studio is, even either of them would even consider it.

Snyder seems far better at the empowerment aspect of Wonder Woman than Jenkins anyway. WW was a beast in ZSJL and the Amazons were bad ass.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, she's badass. And zack knows how to shoot her action scenes. I think at the very least, they should've storyboarded the action scenes for Patty Jenkins since she's not supposed to be an action movie director.

Snyder did a great job making her agile. She pulled off some sick moves in every single action scene.

ManaByte

I've heard rumors of Snyder directing WW3 due Jenkins having scheduling conflicts.

She already explained she's doing it AFTER Rogue Squadron. People are assuming that since she's making a Star Wars movie she can't do WW3, but she already explained how it's no conflict.

Hatemachine

Banned
She already explained she's doing it AFTER Rogue Squadron. People are assuming that since she's making a Star Wars movie she can't do WW3, but she already explained how it's no conflict.
Well she's in pre-production for Cleopatra right now, which seems like a big project, and then Star Wars after that which I'm sure will be quite involved, so... release date 2026?

ManaByte

Well she's in pre-production for Cleopatra right now, which seems like a big project, and then Star Wars after that which I'm sure will be quite involved, so... release date 2026?

Probably summer 2025. Rogue Squadron is Christmas 2023 and will be done around October that year.

Not much different than James Gunn doing The Suicide Squad this Summer and then Guardians 3 for May 2023 and the Guardians Christmas Special Christmas 2022.

Top Bottom