• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Mass Effect trilogy director confirms he’s working on ‘a new sci-fi universe’

kingfey

Banned

Former BioWare general manager Casey Hudson has confirmed that his latest studio is developing a brand-new sci-fi universe.

Hudson announced the formation of Humanoid Studios last June, and this week the company revealed fresh details about what it’s working on via a newly launched website.

“Our current project is a multi platform AAA game, focusing on character-driven narrative in an all-new science-fiction universe,” it says.

The website also features several pieces of concept art (see below).
mq8rLFF.png

bv1J78W.png

FNhKBma.png

Canada-based Humanoid has offices in British Columbia and Alberta, “offering a flexible work environment combining from-home, in-office, and remote work so that developers can work where they feel happiest”.

The size of the studio is unknown, but it has 17 employees registered on LinkedIn and is currently recruiting for 14 open roles.

“We believe in the power of small, agile teams, and a flat organizational structure, where everyone is empowered to make decisions and help drive the project vision,” its website says.
The studio’s mission: “Delivering magical interactive storytelling, by connecting talented creatives to powerful tools, in a safe and supportive environment.”
During almost 20 years at BioWare across two stints, Hudson directed and produced the original Mass Effect trilogy and Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic. He left the company for the second time in December 2020.

EDMIX

Art looks great.

I'll keep my excitement in check until I see something more that is solid and more complete.

To those of you jumping the gun, Anthem and CP2077 had amazing concept art too folks, lets wait til its a real thing please lol

Fbh

Probably years away, but good news.
IMO Mass Effect is still one of the best original worlds in gaming. All the different races and cultures and the ways in which they interacted with each other were really nice and way more detailed than what we usually get in games. And I always loved how all those elements were made a part of the story and sidequests and not just some backstory you read in an optional codex.

Probably years away, but good news.
IMO Mass Effect is still one of the best original worlds in gaming. All the different races and cultures and the ways in which they interacted with each other were really nice and way more detailed than what we usually get in games. And I always loved how all those elements were made a part of the story and sidequests and not just some backstory you read in an optional codex.

Hopefully the new one is great

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If his team is just getting started an all they got is some concept pics and maybe some early plot sorted out, this game will probably come out in 5 years. Maybe even a Series Y/PS6 kind of game.

Doesn't seem like the kind of game (scope) that will come in 2024 or 2025.

Top Bottom