• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 Season 2020 |OT| Drive to Survive 2 - who drinks champagne from a shoe?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Russell’s car has a problem it seems. Bugger.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Perez winning would be awesome and who knows, maybe it would increase his chance (just a tiny little bit) of getting that RBR seat. ;)

FunkMiller

George Russell will be in a top car very soon. He did a brilliant job tonight. Merc fucked him with their clown shoes pit act.

...and we can see just how poor Bottas really. Lewis has been very lucky.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

ENBWXXz.jpg

Grieves

Gutted for Russell. I hope he gets another chance next week.

Bottas just looked broken today.

Mercedes showing Ferrari levels of incompetent.

Breakage

Just caught the highlights. What a colossal fuck up by Mercedes. Would have been Russell's win if it weren't for that. I thought he was gonna pull it back when he was closing in on Perez.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Mercedes fell over themselves trying not to lose face when a back marker on 1.5 M can turn up on a few days notice and nearly win in a 40 M drivers car ...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Russell proves its the car.

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

Put a back marker in a Mercedes and he nearly wins 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: eot
Mercedes fell over themselves trying not to lose face when a back marker on 1.5 M can turn up on a few days notice and nearly win in a 40 M drivers car ...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

If any lessons were learned this weekend, I hope it's that Merc realise they don't need to pay Hamilton silly money. I'd like to see what he'd do if Merc lowered their offer for next year.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I wouldn't downplay Russell so much. He's clearly a big talent, just stuck in the slowest/second slowest car. Just because he didn't score any points or didn't enter Q3 prior to his Mercedes drive doesn't mean anything. Personally I wouldn't count on the same pace if they put someone like Grosjean behind the wheel of the Merc.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind if Hamilton made a drama queen move and left F1. People would still have a British driver fighting for the championship, only this time a likeable one. ;)

StonedRider

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

Obviously, in F1 difference between 20th and 1st place is a car. But difference between first and second-third is usually a driver. Russell proves he's the driver capable of fighting for the win.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

And yet look at Bottas.

People can downplay Hamilton all they want, maybe in a decade his haters will start to recognise what he's achieved isn't easy for a whole multitude of reasons. Just having a great car isn't enough, the likes of Bottas and Albon prove that week in week out and Vettel did a couple a seasons ago when the Ferrari was clearly the superior car but he crumbled under pressure.

Also its ridiculous to downplay Russell's performance, he's a once in a generation driver.

If there's anyone Mercedes need to get rid of it's Bottas.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Geez, the new season hasn't started yet and the left side of F1 is already at Mazepin's throat demanding action for posting the Instagram video of him groping a girl. Not that I condone his behavior in any way, of course. Haas will have a foockin' difficult next season with him.

Top Bottom