• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Even with all the chaos, Ricciardo was still outside the points behind both Williams cars and a heavily damaged Max Verstappen.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Great result from Alpine, both from Ocon who managed to keep the lead and from Alonso to keep Hamilton behind him for so long.
Might be because they were low on fuel. Vettel is about to lose his 2nd spot, he had only 0.3L left in the tank (1L minm. is mandatory). Wonder if Ocon was this quick, because of less weight.

Did not both cars stop?

Last edited:
E7t1-IxXMAc3WH6.jpg

In other bad news, Vettel was disqualified for not having enough fuel left.

Last edited:

Jorav

What a chaotic race. a third of the field out of action. Hamilton being the only one on the grid was hilarious. Alonso DOTD, he allowed Ocon to win. Shame for Vettel. Whats stopping FIA from taking a sample before the race? Good to see Williams get some points

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Let's all hope that we won't get more cancellations, because I wouldn't want to see the season finale as double headers in Arab countries.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

Interesting way to announce Checo for 2022. Happy to see him stay. :) I think Red Bull family should only reevaluate keeping Tsunoda, bringing back Albon wouldn't be a terrible idea.

George's lap must have been one of the finest laps in all of F1 history.

I bet Hamilton will be begging Merc to keep Bottas in his seat.

Last edited:

Jorav

I was hoping george would have P1. Seb up there which is good. FIA wait for someone to crash before red-flagging sessions. lando had a chance at P1.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
This meme is missing Lewis alongisde Bottas. Imagine how much people would be pissed if George wouldn't get the seat after all (unlikely, I know, but he's still not a 100% guarantee).

Anyway a great result from him, a shame about Lando crashing out, because he could've also been a surprise pole/front row sitter.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
What a fucking disgrace - run the minimum number of laps behind the SC to count as if the race actually took place. But hey, who cares about the fans, right? At least George has his podium finish, thanks maFIA.

Jorav

Good thing i didn't stay up late to watch the "race". FIA did the minimum to complete their contractural obligations, though that is being scrutinised as a red-flag they put out negates the previous lap. So only one lap completed which technically isn't enough for points. The only positive is Russell getting his podium. He'd have struggled to keep that position in a proper race.

Fox Mulder

F1 can really be a shit show sometimes.

Great for Russell and Williams as they still don’t have the race pace to hold his amazing qualifying performances. He was never getting a podium if they ran the race.

Jorav

F1 can really be a shit show sometimes.

Great for Russell and Williams as they still don’t have the race pace to hold his amazing qualifying performances. He was never getting a podium if they ran the race.

I think its the inconsistencies that do everyones head in. Radio messages during qauli, the drivers were all calling for a redflag yet they kept it going and then delayed the session after Norris crashed. They had the weather data and a fair idea of how conditions were going to be. Not sure if it could've been brough forward when conditons weren't shite. Oh well onto Zandvoort.

FunkMiller

I think its the inconsistencies that do everyones head in. Radio messages during qauli, the drivers were all calling for a redflag yet they kept it going and then delayed the session after Norris crashed. They had the weather data and a fair idea of how conditions were going to be. Not sure if it could've been brough forward when conditons weren't shite. Oh well onto Zandvoort.

rx0jYOE.jpg

The Office Reaction GIF

Great Hair

Banned
How did Zandvoort get into the F1 calendar? The track is too narrow (apex, and in general). And they´ve added one (maybe two) steep curve ...; looks like a MotoGP track to me, not fit for F1 cars at all.

If it rains ... this might be a terribly, boring race and/or idea.

Jorav

How did Zandvoort get into the F1 calendar?
I think its purely due to Max's popularity. It's gonna be a sea of orange. Same as British GP going crazy for Ham. In other news Kimi retiring this year. Time to wipe that Alfa slate clean and get rid of Gio too.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Kimi OUT, Robert IN

But seriously, I hope that Kimi will get through covid without any serious health issues.

Jorav

Kubica always triggers my what if scenario. If he hadn't crashed that rally car, who knows where he would've ended up. Rumours at the time were for a Ferrari seat. Hope Kimi recovers quickly.

Fox Mulder

Perez is disappointing, but he also got caught in traffic and could have been sent out sooner. Redbull is gotta be glad to have Gasly in P4.

Great for Verstappen on pole, but Hamilton had an insane jump and a great close lap to almost take it.

DarkestHour

Banned
Perez is disappointing, but he also got caught in traffic and could have been sent out sooner. Redbull is gotta be glad to have Gasly in P4.

Great for Verstappen on pole, but Hamilton had an insane jump and a great close lap to almost take it.

Perez has a lot of excuses for why he is doing poorly this season.

Jorav

Hoping for an interesting race but fear a procession of cars. Someone will probably try a lunge into turn 3 to overtake.

FunkMiller

Hoping for an interesting race but fear a procession of cars. Someone will probably try a lunge into turn 3 to overtake.

All about tyre wear today, I Think. Especially on full fuel loads. Thats why Pirelli went with the hard selection, which for once, I don’t blame them for. This’ll be a race won and lost in the pits. Although I expect a fair few crashes given the track, so a lot could happen under safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom