• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Hair

Banned
Tired Good Night GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Great Hair

Banned
Maybe watch something else. That was a really decent, tense race.
decent = ok, eh
tense = anxious, edgy, nervous

Those two are cancelling each other. This felt like, if MotoGP drivers had to race on a Go-Kart track, the infield is hot garbage. The cars can not shorten the gap, constantly accelerating for a second or two, only to hit the brakes, and to slow down again.

If it weren´t for Perez and Alonso taking over in the first lap + final 2. Absolutely nothing happened, not even a yellow flag, this was a text-book-race, boring track, boring race.

too narrow, too short, too many corners + add dirty air = blargh

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB
Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel

SkylineRKR

I'm biased but it IS too narrow. Basically, if I wasn't supporting Max I would agree with the criticism. Its like Monaco, get pole and win. But Monaco is more iconic, a street circuit and gets a free pass. What I like about Zandvoort though is that its at the beach, has some oval shaped corners. And its nostalgia. Its also the first GP in our country in 36 years. So the crowd was insane.

But I'm relieved Max won. With all this insanity and build up, there wasn't really another option.

Jorav

Skipped the race to the end after the first few laps. Ham and Max are on another level compared to the rest. McLaren disappointing. Monza should suit them but we'll see. I think RB need to go all in this year to try and secure another DWC. Wining the constructors is possible but a tough go. Next year is anyones guess but i expect Merc to be strong if they have Russel in the car alongside Ham.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Dude. It's George Russell's seat.
I understand but its abit redundant having 2 british driver in one team the team is getting too british not very good for global brand marketing, perhaps someone like mick schumacher to spice things up

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I understand but its abit redundant having 2 british driver in one team the team is getting too british not very good for global brand marketing, perhaps someone like mick schumacher to spice things up

Mick isn't good enough. At least not yet. And George is a Mercedes driver. It was never going to be anyone else. And I think the brand marketing will be fine. The British GP next year will be meteoric.

SkylineRKR

Skipped the race to the end after the first few laps. Ham and Max are on another level compared to the rest. McLaren disappointing. Monza should suit them but we'll see. I think RB need to go all in this year to try and secure another DWC. Wining the constructors is possible but a tough go. Next year is anyones guess but i expect Merc to be strong if they have Russel in the car alongside Ham.

The crazy thing is, Max has no consistent team mate. I like Perez, but again he had to start from the last position. Bottas is a pussy and all, but he shows up, I mean he's on first or second starting row on sundays.

Then, Max was pushed off the track on Silverstone by Lewis. Which netted him the full whack and Max zip. Then the Pirelli freak accident on Baku, only happened to 2 riders so far (in the same race no less), Lewis also didn't finish but that was BECAUSE of that restart, I think he was 3 or 4 before Max imploded?. Finally, we have Lewis go into the gravel, but a red flag lets him resume.

Without all that, Max would be like, far ahead of the rest. Including lewis who would be a sound second place because he's also far better.

Last edited:

Jorav

Russell is a junior Merc driver. When Ham had Covid he stepped in. It is literally a no brainer. Merc want to have Russell alongside Ham so he can pass the torch.

Jorav

The crazy thing is, Max has no consistent team mate. I like Perez, but again he had to start from the last position. Bottas is a pussy and all, but he shows up, I mean he's on first or second starting row on sundays.

Then, Max was pushed off the track on Silverstone by Lewis. Which netted him the full whack and Max zip. Then the Pirelli freak accident on Baku, only happened to 2 riders so far (in the same race no less), Lewis also didn't finish but that was BECAUSE of that restart, I think he was 3 or 4 before Max imploded?. Finally, we have Lewis go into the gravel, but a red flag lets him resume.

Without all that, Max would be like, far ahead of the rest. Including lewis who would be a sound second place because he's also far better.

Thats F1. So many titles we decided by retirements or incidents. Rosberg wouldnt have won the 2016 championship if lewis didnt retire in Malaysia. Danny Ric was the only decent teammate Max had. He was imbedded in the team from day 1 but RB just let him go.

Fox Mulder

Albon back in F1 with Williams. Excited for Russell.

Cool for Albon. All the young drivers like Leclerc, Norris, and Russell have always raved about how great he is. Williams might have got themselves a gem worth picking over the next Mercedes backed driver like de Vries.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I forgot this was another bullshit sprint race weekend.

I always watch qualifying, but moving it to Friday makes it unwatchable as I’m at work. Saturday instead gets a 30 minute sprint race with no strategy or pitting. Wow.

Last edited:

Jorav

Sprint race done by the first corner. Yawn. Good to see Mclaren up front. Hopefully get the jump on Max tomorrow too.

Quixz

Quick? Theyre getting butchered at straight

Anyway

Thank god for halo if it wasnt for that hamilton neck wouldve crushed from that pressure

Today would've been a bad day without the halo!

I remember drivers and fans going against the idea of the halo cause "it made the cars look ugly". FIA was spot on!

Jorav

Yes, Monza delivers. Its been awhile since the Aus anthem was played.

Max and Ham post race about who gave no space.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Edited: Halo saved a driver again today. Hope those who called it out all those years ago have changed their opinion.
E_GA59wWUAU04pb

Last edited:

Jorav

AM confirm stroll and vettel for another season. Just left with the second Alfa seat and an official announcement from Haas but looks like they'll retain both MSC and Mazepin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom