• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
They're probably going take that Chinese money from Zhou. From what we've heard from the rumors the main disagreement is the length of his contract with Alfa (the team wants a shorter one to have options for future years, Zhou and his sponsors want longer).

Lets not forget how Hamilton said last week how he was a bit hurt from the crash and recovering which sent negativity towards Max....yet Hamilton went to this metro sexual Gala THE NEXT DAY after the crash lol.

Yeah very hurt indeed.
I cringed so hard when Shovelin brought that up in the Mercedes debrief video adding that Angela would be there for him to sort his fucking neck out.

Jorav

Draft 2022 calendar, personally i don't care for any of the Arabian tracks, gimme Malaysia again. Turkey and Singapore need to be on the same calendar and not a choice of the two.

March 20 – Bahrain Grand Prix
March 27 – Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
April 10 – Australian Grand Prix
April 24 – Chinese Grand Prix
May 08 – Miami Grand Prix
May 22 – Spanish Grand Prix
May 29 – Monaco Grand Prix
June 12 – Azerbaijan Grand Prix
June 19 – Canadian Grand Prix
July 3 – British Grand Prix
July 10 – Austrian Grand Prix
July 17 – French Grand Prix or Imola Grand Prix
July 31 – Hungarian Grand Prix
August 28 – Belgian Grand Prix
September 04 – Dutch Grand Prix
September 11 – Italian Grand Prix
September 25 – Russian Grand Prix
October 02 – Turkish Grand Prix or Singapore Grand Prix
October 09 – Japanese Grand Prix
October 23 – United States Grand Prix
October 30 – Mexican Grand Prix
November 13 – Brazilian Grand Prix
November 20 – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Jorav

Hamilton's reign is over

He'll be fine. Will be most likely on the podium by race end.

This clown was recently insinuating that there is a lot of pressure on Max.

Feel free to eat your own words you dickhead.

He's not wrong though. Pretty much RBs best chance to win with Max, he needs to be on point. With the uncertainty of next year we don't know who will be the stronger team.

He'll be fine. Will be most likely on the podium by race end.

He's not wrong though. Pretty much RBs best chance to win with Max, he needs to be on point. With the uncertainty of next year we don't know who will be the stronger team.
This was Hamilton playing his stupid mindgames in front of a camera because he has no control over his competitor who is in another team. Then bins it twice the next day. Karma.

Mohonky

Bottas is just....good lord.

I felt bad for Bottas getting the ass from Merc; but he's started in front of Verstappen on the same tires, also a new engine and where Bottas is at a track that Bottas has typically been strong, and the difference is night and day in places.

Mohonky

Feel for Lando, could easily have gone either way.

Verstappen second, the worst possible result for Hamilton (given a Hamilton win). I'll take it but Verstappen and RB doing everything they need to do to win this season. I don't think there's too many races that Merc are going to have any advantages for the rest of the season

Feel for Lando, could easily have gone either way.

Verstappen second, the worst possible result for Hamilton (given a Hamilton win). I'll take it but Verstappen and RB doing everything they need to do to win this season. I don't think there's too many races that Merc are going to have any advantages for the rest of the season
Hamilton had to double take to see the #33 Red Bull parked next to him.

maxlolava3iljq.png

Great Hair

Banned
Sainz one more time showing good results, gets no mention from the press
Lando being consistent for weeks suffers the same
Georgina Russell Crow gets 1nd spot quali. in Silverstone > everyone jerks off > in the race nowhere to be seen > lets not talk about it ...
Georgina Russell Crow gets 2nd spot quali. in Sochi > everyone jerks off > in the race nowhere to be seen > lets not talk about it ...

Will someone explain, how someone can reach 1st or 2nd spot in qualifying and then underdeliver during a race so badly?! Did they "temper" the car for quali. (less fuel?), and over night in parce fermé fill it up back to normal levels!?

I don´t get it, how a car can be so bad during a race.

Last edited:

Jorav

Will someone explain, how someone can reach 1st or 2nd spot in qualifying and then underdeliver during a race so badly?! Did they "temper" the car for quali. (less fuel?), and over night in parce fermé fill it up back to normal levels!?

Russell was one of the last to cross the line during Quali which meant he had the best track conditions. The car simply doesn't have the race pace and suffers while following other cars.

Dot get why Mclaren didnt order lando in. They could see how shithouse the conditions were.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Have you watched Formula One for long? Because this question rather indicates that you haven't.

F1 cars are set up completely differently from qualy to the race. This is to account for the difference between a single lap sprint and a multi-lap, long run race. It is perfectly reasonable for a car to perform well in qualy and poorly in the race. It happens very often. Especially when qualy is affected by weather conditions, that can dramatically alter the make up of the grid.

Great Hair

Banned
This is to account for the difference between a single lap sprint and a multi-lap, long run race. It is perfectly reasonable for a car to perform well in qualy and poorly in the race

Race weight 600kg+ = quali. trim setup but with softs

... i don´t know how a car that has to weight 600kg+ can be 1º polesetter in Silverstone but end up 18º in the race, 19º being Lattifi who did not make it to Q3 in qualifying. Ha?

Tyres alone can not make such huge difference between pole position and starting at 10th+. Why have they not done this since the start of the season? They would have been among the top 5 ... but so far only managed to surprise everyone two times with very quick quali.laps.

Again, if not mistaken. The car has to weight 600kg+ and hotlapping with softs versus hards can not have a such big factor ...

FunkMiller

Race weight 600kg+ = quali. trim setup but with softs

... i don´t know how a car that has to weight 600kg+ can be 1º polesetter in Silverstone but end up 18º in the race, 19º being Lattifi who did not make it to Q3 in qualifying. Ha?

Tyres alone can not make such huge difference between pole position and starting at 10th+. Why have they not done this since the start of the season? They would have been among the top 5 ... but so far only managed to surprise everyone two times with very quick quali.laps.

Again, if not mistaken. The car has to weight 600kg+ and hotlapping with softs versus hards can not have a such big factor ...

If you're specifically talking about George's laps to get into second on the grid at Silverstone and third in Russia - it's because he's an exceptionally good driver on a single hot lap (and in adverse conditions). Then the car he's in lets him down over a distance, because it's so weak. Next year will be when he gets to show how good he is.

Great Hair

Banned
If ALO (outside) can turn in ... ; Sandwiched? There´s enough room for a renault clio v5 turbo. Really weird to see how Gasly turns left, but the car goes straight.
LA1JYdj.jpeg

Vettel changing to mediums was the highlight of the race. Overall boring sadly.

Jorav

Its race week finally. 2022 calender confirmed shows a crazy scedule trying to finish it before the World Cup. Might actually make it to the AusGP after 2 successive failed attempts.

lukilladog

Ham simply got out driven, though shows that those two are on another level compared to the rest.

No way, Hamilton passed Max at the start and almost catches him by the end, with a car that was sliding and no gifts given by teammates. He lost because he got sandwiched between the strategies of Pérez and Max.

And by latest reports, Max was actually sick during the US GP. Needless to say, Im really rooting for Max to win the title. He deserves it and Red Bull having been playing runner up for far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom