• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2021 | OT | Welcome to the Pirhana Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filben

"Please no safety car". lol Toto

And now lapped cars aren't allowed to overtake. WTF. And they don't even have an explanation.

Formula Mercedes strikes again.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Whatever we think the FIA are shite and I don't even watch this regularly. Anyway glad Max won and Lewis seemed graceful in defeat.

1 lap final sprint was always going to be vertsappens but i can understand not wanting to end the story under a VSC

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

Mohonky

"Please no safety car". lol Toto

And now lapped cars aren't allowed to overtake. WTF. And they don't even have an explanation.

Formula Mercedes strikes again.

The fuck? So tired of people not understanding the rules.

They could have let the lapped cars unlap themselves, but it would mean the race ended under a safety car, in which case, the cars line up in position.

Masi intentially manipulated the race here. 'No cars to unlap themselves, except those in front of Max, you can overtake the safety car' but none else could? That's entirely NOT how that rule works. It's an absolute fucking joke and Masi is an embarassment.

There has been zero consistency this season and it's been a total mess; Max taking this win on the last lap is the most manipulated result I have ever seen in my 30yrs of watching F1 from the organisers. I still can't believe what just happen.

Last edited:
The sport needs another world champion on the grid. And I'm not going to feel sorry for a 7 time world champion or Mercedes.
Who certainly didn't help themselves by giving Bottas absolutely no reason to race hard by mentioning his replacement part way through the season.

Personally, I think Lewis should retire, really nothing more to be gained at this point.

Anyway, give me that Lance Stroll future......

SkylineRKR

Fuck toto.

Lewis should have won this race today, but its motorsport. He can have his engine blown up, a puncture, or a safety car. Freak accidents happen. Max finally had luck on his side, after imo being fucked at the first corner. We have a world champion F1, its rather surreal.

The rules have worked against Max a lot of times, but also for Max. Honestly, who wants a championship being decided by a safety car finish? Well, Toto and his crew obviously, but come on.

I don't think we'll ever going to see a season like this, with equal points until the very final race. Cherish it.

Last edited:

Mohonky

The rules have worked against Max a lot of times, but also for Max. Honestly, who wants a championship being decided by a safety car finish? Well, Toto and his crew obviously, but come on.

Honestly I did not want this season to finish like this at all; its been a total cluster fuck. Incidents happen, DNFs because of racing incidents, mechanical incidents, shit timing on safety cars etc. Sometimes it's just about making sure you put yourself in the position to benefit from it. It happens; but today wasn't about luck. It was about the absolute incompetence of the FIA and Michael Maso that has culminated in the WDC being decided on the last lap by completely going outside the regulations.

Yes, Im a Hamilton fan; but even I was a bit dubious on the turn 6 incident on lap 1. For me, thats a case of giving the position back to Verstappen. I can see the arguments for why they didnt take action (Verstappen dive bombing and Hamilton knowing full well he has to avoid a collision to have any chance of winning) so that was for me was really pushing the boundaries of was it or was it not a good call to not investigate.

That finale though, that was completely out of control. In the end, the WDC was decided by the safety car because of the way it was implemented. Hamilton clearly has the race under control and going by the rule book, Mercedes made the best decision they could knowing the options of how the race would restart. But Masi threw the rule book out and as a result of that, Merc couldnt possible have known how to approach what to do with Hamilton. When the race director can just completely throw the rule book out its pure luck as to how to approach a race from a strategy point of view given you're working with how the race director feels on the day.

Hamilton did everything right, Merc I still think should have made another pitstop during the second lap of the VSC just to cover off Verstappen coming back over the last 16 or so laps, but Hamilton did everything right to take the title and was completely blindsided by a rogue racing director.

Now, Im mixed on it. I dont want to see Hamilton take the title due to a court ruling or appeal, even as a Ham fan, it doesnt sit right with me....but that result is such a fucking joke I cant see how anyone can say the result was anything other than a complete fucking joke.

So now, for all the amazing racing there has been, Im left in this weird limbo as an F1 fan where I so completely pissed off with how everything unfolded I cant see how anything can be done by anyone to save the legitimacy of this years WDC. Max didnt win Abu Dhabi last night on merit and pace, but Hamilton didnt cross the line first either.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Honestly I did not want this season to finish like this at all; its been a total cluster fuck. Incidents happen, DNFs because of racing incidents, mechanical incidents, shit timing on safety cars etc. Sometimes it's just about making sure you put yourself in the position to benefit from it. It happens; but today wasn't about luck. It was about the absolute incompetence of the FIA and Michael Maso that has culminated in the WDC being decided on the last lap by completely going outside the regulations.

Yes, Im a Hamilton fan; but even I was a bit dubious on the turn 6 incident on lap 1. For me, thats a case of giving the position back to Verstappen. I can see the arguments for why they didnt take action (Verstappen dive bombing and Hamilton knowing full well he has to avoid a collision to have any chance of winning) so that was for me was really pushing the boundaries of was it or was it not a good call to not investigate.

That finale though, that was completely out of control. In the end, the WDC was decided by the safety car because of the way it was implemented. Hamilton clearly has the race under control and going by the rule book, Mercedes made the best decision they could knowing the options of how the race would restart. But Masi threw the rule book out and as a result of that, Merc couldnt possible have known how to approach what to do with Hamilton. When the race director can just completely throw the rule book out its pure luck as to how to approach a race from a strategy point of view given you're working with how the race director feels on the day.

Hamilton did everything right, Merc I still think should have made another pitstop during the second lap of the VSC just to cover off Verstappen coming back over the last 16 or so laps, but Hamilton did everything right to take the title and was completely blindsided by a rogue racing director.

Now, Im mixed on it. I dont want to see Hamilton take the title due to a court ruling or appeal, even as a Ham fan, it doesnt sit right with me....but that result is such a fucking joke I cant see how anyone can say the result was anything other than a complete fucking joke.

So now, for all the amazing racing there has been, Im left in this weird limbo as an F1 fan where I so completely pissed off with how everything unfolded I cant see how anything can be done by anyone to save the legitimacy of this years WDC. Max didnt win Abu Dhabi last night on merit and pace, but Hamilton didnt cross the line first either.
Mercedes fault for not pitting hamilton max just use the right oppprtunity and took the advantage nothing against hammy fan have a nice day

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Absolute fucking clown shoes from the race director, but championships aren’t won and lost on one decision. Red Bull capitalised on the situation. Max deserved both the win and the title. There will be much pissing and moaning, but the result rightly stands.

Now onto 22 and some brand new fucking cars, and hopefully even more exciting races.

FunkMiller

Hahahaha! Incredible last lap, glad Verstappen won, he deserved that all year. Now Hammy can go and cry racism, that he's a victim or whatever and join a BLM protest. Go fuck yourself Hamilton! :D :D :D

Don’t be a bell end. Hamilton was incredibly gracious in defeat today. He’s a class act.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I've never liked Toto and enjoyed watching him only for his outbursts, but I really don't like him after this race. With that said Michael Masi needs to go as he's been a horrible race director and there were way too many controversial decisions over the course of the entire season. And way too many situations when the race result is being decided long after it's ended, it shouldn't be like that.

Anyway Max winning the championship truly made my day. Awesome post-race celebrations, Jos for a second there looked like he might have a heart attack. Also great that Max and the whole team thanked Checo for being a perfect wingman.

Fox Mulder

I've never liked Toto and enjoyed watching him only for his outbursts, but I really don't like him after this race. With that said Michael Masi needs to go as he's been a horrible race director and there were way too many controversial decisions over the course of the entire season. And way too many situations when the race result is being decided long after it's ended, it shouldn't be like that.

Anyway Max winning the championship truly made my day. Awesome post-race celebrations, Jos for a second there looked like he might have a heart attack. Also great that Max and the whole team thanked Checo for being a perfect wingman.

it certainly wasn’t this sloppy when Charlie Whiting was running things, and they didn’t broadcast all the teams whining to race control on tv either. FIA probably needs to reel that in as it doesn’t really add anything to the event.

I am so glad Max won, the development freeze years back have made it next to impossible to catch Merc for the last few seasons and it kills the excitement, but what a bizarre way for Max to win. Amazingly exciting, but it was totally manipulated (not for Max to win necessarily but for the drama).

I am happy and think Max has had more than his share of bad luck and calls this year but I would be LIVID if I was a Merc/Lewis fan right now.

Last edited:

Marlenus

Masi needs to go.

Had the SC procedure been dealt with correctly with time for 1 lap of racing then thems the breaks, very unfortuante but it is how it is. The SC procedure was not dealt with correctly though in which case Masi just gifted the title to Max.

Shubh_C63

it certainly wasn’t this sloppy when Charlie Whiting was running things, and they didn’t broadcast all the teams whining to race control on tv either. FIA probably needs to reel that in as it doesn’t really add anything to the event.
It does, and when Liberty Media completed their acquisition they knew what they were doing. The coverage across YouTube and social media has been amazing which in the past was behind pay walls to make F1 rich boy sport. The Netflix deal and making competition human (by broadcasting these internal dialogue between team) is part of making people care more about F1. Personally I think it's working.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It does, and when Liberty Media completed their acquisition they knew what they were doing. The coverage across YouTube and social media has been amazing which in the past was behind pay walls to make F1 rich boy sport. The Netflix deal and making competition human (by broadcasting these internal dialogue between team) is part of making people care more about F1. Personally I think it's working.
In my opinion the teams should be allowed to contact the race director only if they have something really relevant to say, not just so shout 'Michael! Michael! whyyyyyyy!' through the headphones.

Raven117

Gold Member
It was a hell of a season, but I don't like that ending at all. That was pure manufactured b.s., and Mercedes has every right to be pissed.

They should have red flagged. Let it all reset. Boom...that's racing.

Great Hair

Banned

Masi after the 2020 Eifel GP regarding the protracted safety car on the track: "There is a requirement in the sporting regulations to pass ALL duplicate cars." This is in complete contradiction to yesterday's interpretation.

terrible year for leclerc

Azurro

Banned
Don’t be a bell end. Hamilton was incredibly gracious in defeat today. He’s a class act.

Nah, I'm enjoying this. Lewisha is more interested in her/his sjw activist career than in being an F1 driver, so I'm really happy s/he lost. Even better that it was Checo's team that won it.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
That is so, so not right!

I loved the salt.
I think there's need to be a line between making a spectacle and maintaining a certain professionalism of the sport. Liberty Media can add more radio contact inside the team (after some filtering), but the race director should stay away from the team leaders as far as possible. It's quite obvious they always have only their team's interest in mind and will use every opportunity to gain places or have their competitors get a penalty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom