• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2022 | OT | Moving On From Abu Dhabi

Airbus Jr

Banned
🚨According to rumours from Gazzetta dello Sport, all the big 3 power units have found more power through reliability:
- Ferrari: around 30 hp;
- Mercedes: around 16 hp;
- Redbull: around 10 hp.

Only Renault have not made similar gains in this way, leading them to be suspicious of rivals: in fact Alpine engineers claim to have requested and made changes to parts of their PU without having achieved any performance gains.

As Alpine executive director Bruno Famin questions “what is a pure, genuine reliability issue?". “Behind the reliability issue you often have a potential performance gain..."

wI8tYXy.jpg

If Ferrari still lose after this upgrade i dont know what to say

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So how many laps in Bahrain before Ferrari laps Red Bull? 5? 10? And that's before tuning the engine to the max. ;)

I wonder how many races it'll take for this year's Ferrari hype train to collapse.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
🚨According to rumours from Gazzetta dello Sport, all the big 3 power units have found more power through reliability:
- Ferrari: around 30 hp;
- Mercedes: around 16 hp;
- Redbull: around 10 hp.

Only Renault have not made similar gains in this way, leading them to be suspicious of rivals: in fact Alpine engineers claim to have requested and made changes to parts of their PU without having achieved any performance gains.

As Alpine executive director Bruno Famin questions “what is a pure, genuine reliability issue?". “Behind the reliability issue you often have a potential performance gain..."

wI8tYXy.jpg

If Ferrari still lose after this upgrade i dont know what to say
Come on. Their pit strategy is joke.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Sulayem's made a mistake here. He was gaining the good will of F1 fans by fighting to give Andretti a chance, but now it looks like he's trying to hurt F1 by questioning its value in public. If Saudis wanted to pay 20 billion, then it means F1 is worth at least as much. It's not like they're some shady company throwing insane numbers without anything to back it up.

Of course as an F1 fan I wouldn't want it to be controlled by the Arabs, but you can't deny they wouldn't be able to pay this sum and if other parties would be interested in the future they'd have to challenge that offer.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Now getting cancelled for remarks in 2001

>“I love the desert and I love meeting real people”. But, according to the website, he does not like talking “about money, nor do I like women who think they are smarter than men, for they are not in truth

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Ford's return was the worst kept secret lol. Porsche must have offered them a crappy deal if they refused and only months later signed with Ford.

It's also very exciting what Honda will do... since Red Bull will have both of their teams with their RBPT-Ford engines they'll have to look elsewhere. And starting with Williams or Haas will be tough.

Fox Mulder

A bunch of the grid has been scaling back liveries and adding black as a way to save on weight.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Mercedes actually called dibs on the all black bare carbon car. The only painted parts are for aero and logo purposes.

It fits with them as they already had the title winning W11 in black.

Last edited:
Top Bottom