• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2022 | OT | Moving On From Abu Dhabi

Airbus Jr

Banned
Wtf going on here
tyOSjTG.jpg

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Wtf going on here
tyOSjTG.jpg

Dipshits immediately cried conspiracy at how Yuki retired the car, and I’m sure they were reasonable after the race on social media towards the teams.

But then again, you would deny it with statement calling out behavior towards a female employee.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Yasssss, got my silverstone tickets but what a clusterfuck that was. That dynamic pricing is shit as well.

Got in queue and tickets were 369, got to checkout and they were 429 and still rising when I got out. Poor bastards behind me......

Better to have them with the option of selling them of I need to than not have them at all though. They need to take a long hard look at this shit

Business

red flag, fucking pathetic

F1 does not race in the wet anymore, whats the point in wet tyres?

Exactly. At the very least just put full wets and start going around the track with the safety car, dry the track and see what's up.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Another fucking farcical end to an F1 world championship, because the sport is now run by risk averse idiots, who can't even sort the damn rule book out, so it's understandable and implementable. Liberty Media are absolutely awful.

TheMan

I don't follow F1 super closely but it seems like there's just no excitement around this, lol. There's still 5 races to go right? it's kinda like, hey he's the champion, good job, now what

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I don't follow F1 super closely but it seems like there's just no excitement around this, lol. There's still 5 races to go right? it's kinda like, hey he's the champion, good job, now what

Yep. Last season was unforgettable. This one was over after about 9 races. But I told my friends during Abu Dhabi; we'll never get a conclusion like this again.

This season was the same as 2020, and a lot of them before it; just one guy and car above the rest. Lewis also won 3 or 4 races before the end.

Lasha

Max's title was a foregone conclusion. He is by far the best driver riding a top car. Ferrari was meant to be the competition before it found ever more glorious ways to fail.

The lack of fanfare at Japan is because Max clinched the title only after LeClerc was assessed a 5 second penalty and bumped to third. It was a bit of a clusterfuck.

Another fucking farcical end to an F1 world championship, because the sport is now run by risk averse idiots, who can't even sort the damn rule book out, so it's understandable and implementable. Liberty Media are absolutely awful.
I mean it was not clear cut decision instantly but I wouldn't say this is anything controversial. If they got half points, then Max would have another 5 races to be a champ and get like 6th place for the win. He was utterly dominating this year, even though it looked like a bad start with all those DNFs. Even though finding out he was a champ again was lukewarm by how it was suddenly announced, there's no denying he wiped the floor with everyone. Only person I feel bad here for is Perez, he had just as much chance as LeClerc.

lukilladog

Max's title was a foregone conclusion. He is by far the best driver riding a top car.

He did what he was supposed to do, ferrari made several mistakes during the season and their development stagnated in comparison, and Checo is just driving the 2nd budget saving car.

I’ve been thinking about going to the Vegas race ever since I saw the advertisement during my last trip there. I’m not a huge F1 fan but it’s kind of one of those things that would be awesome to experience, especially in a Vegas setting. I’m guessing the race and hotel accommodations that weekend are gonna be astronomical.

Max is not slowing down for anybody. Good for him.

[Erik van Haren] It's true what Tom Coronel just said at ViaPlay. Pérez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

1 min 30 basically says he was banking on Hamilton pulling out because a collision would cost him the race. Cynical but valid strategy.

It just doesn't make sense why checo would deliberately crash at Monaco either tho.

Top Bottom