• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken deep dive livestream gameplay footage

The game world looks too empty, and not in a good "Shadow of the Colossus" way, it just looks like there's nothing interesting to do.

Also there's no sense of adventure like in Dragon's Dogma.

If we could at least create our character and save some waifus in fantasy land...
You must have missed the exploration deep dive trailer. There's like easily half a dozen different things to do plus having fun fighting enemies in the overworld.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I wish there was a party or something though

Kinda looks like Assassin's Creed or something
You should not expect this game to play like your usual JRPG, its basically infamous in fantasy theme with RPG mechanic.

-Zelda-

Banned
Glad the character model actually looks like the actress for once.
Minor nitpick, I just wish they would have given her clothing and boots from Athia, rather than still wearing her normal world clothing. The Cloak is nice at least.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What a shit looking live stream. Even at YT's 1080/60 mode, it looks like it's 720/30 with dips into the 20s.

Big empty world. But on the plus side, the character runs at a decent clip and you can do spam sprint/fly forward.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Thanks for posting the clip. I'll take a look later. I am on the fence still about the game.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The game world looks too empty, and not in a good "Shadow of the Colossus" way, it just looks like there's nothing interesting to do.
Also there's no sense of adventure like in Dragon's Dogma.
If we could at least create our character and save some waifus in fantasy land...

A game like Spider-Man was the same: an open world where you had to travel a bit to find something to do: a puzzle, a challenge, fighting a gang, etc. The main difference is that the world of Spider-Man was alive with people and the traversal itself was a lot of fun, so it was never boring to swing and jump from one part of the city to another section. But the traversal in Forspoken looks boring and the world itself is barren. I'd rather have a restricted game world where you spend most of your times in hallways and corridors but where everywhere you go there's something to do than an open world where you spend most of the time traversing the game world instead of doing something fun.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This game is the new Deathloop with non stop “deep dives”… doesn’t show much confidence.
Games don't show enough, concern ensues.

Games show "too much," concern still ensues.

zvD3g.gif

I like how diverse the characters are, and the premise/gimmick of the game sounds interesting, but I feel like they aren't playing into it enough. The MC gets sucked into a fantasy world from the real world, but it seems like apart from the beginning of the game, they're just treating it like a normal fantasy setting.

The only unique thing I've seen from the gameplay videos that actually ties into the gimmick is that the MC uses her phone to take pictures of stuff in the fantasy world. There's so much more they could play into, and that's all they've shown so far. Like, c'mon, it's a cool concept. Show more of the premise that's supposed to set this game apart from every other fantasy game.

jaysius

Banned
Looks like an aborted MMO that they needed to get money out of the assets so this is the best thing they could pull out of their asses with a Q or Z team, there's no AAA here.

Kumomeme

hope the others area is not looks like this one or it might gonna get boring fast.

need to see some vertical traversal or something at higher location. still not sold on combat but it could be better than what we see.

we will see once it come out..

Top Bottom