• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken gameplay overview trailer (10 minutes)

Raven77

It's got jank in all the right places. Some of my favorite older games also looked kind of crappy on the surface.

Granted for every janky game that was good their were 10 shitbombs, maybe this will be a good one.

Or a good voice actor at all, unfortunately. An actor who's done a few fast paced tv shows getting stuck into a vocal booth to spend weeks reading lines off a page with nobody to react to is going to struggle. it's not the same kind of work.
She's got a fast moving career, but she's only 25 years old and this was her first time doing something like this. it really, really shows. A small notch above programmer/employee dialogue.
Oh no no, she's not that bad. Programmers sound almost as bad as sports player voiceovers in 2k and Madden campaigns.

This actress here sounds about as good as a fan dubber for an abridged anime YouTube channel.

Neilg

Oh no no, she's not that bad. Programmers sound almost as bad as sports player voiceovers in 2k and Madden campaigns.

This actress here sounds about as good as a fan dubber for an abridged anime YouTube channel.
Ha. Ok it goes pro sports -> programmer -> fan dub/first timer -> experienced actor first timer -> actual v/a.
this game could've done with more than middle of the pack still

tommib

Like the action. Hate the open-world bloat. It looks infinitely more interesting with this showing. Could be a sleeper hit.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Gameplay looks fun. Gfx and setting are bad/flat.

Hope Horizon III gives Eloy tech that transforms the gameplay to this, - and we have a winner.

Gandih42

Kind of reminds me of Dragon's Dogma. Aside from the big spells, it seems like a weird combination of really cool looking stuff and really bad looking stuff. Like, there seems to be tons of spells, as long as they aren't just different elemental reskins that could be indicative of a fun combat system. Or at least one with a lot of room for creativity and player expression. On the other hand, some of the environments look incredible boring. Kind of like Dragon's Dogma.

Overall really weird lookin' game. I'm excited for this shit to come out.

Fahdis

Best Forspoken showing by far...but no way i'm buying this at full price.

That's the thing, I never buy full price.

the hulk GIF

Honestly the traversal looks fun. Combat looks super easy, but could be fun. The world and characters do not inspire though. They can't seem to make a good trailer. Every trailer for this has people talking constantly, as though the game itself is not interesting enough for anyone to care. Compare this to the Atomic Heart gameplay trailer and how interesting and exciting that game looks in comparison.

She clearly didn't got a forspoken gaming chair.
Alanah has become way more critical of things lately than how she used to be, which has been an interesting change. I don't know what sparked this change, but she recently ripped that Obi Wan TV show to pieces. As long as she balances out to being a fair reviewer and doesn't just become extremely jaded, then she has the potential to excel even further with her brand.

nikos

Or a good voice actor at all, unfortunately. An actor who's done a few fast paced tv shows getting stuck into a vocal booth to spend weeks reading lines off a page with nobody to react to is going to struggle. it's not the same kind of work.
She's got a fast moving career, but she's only 25 years old and this was her first time doing something like this. it really, really shows. A small notch above programmer/employee dialogue.

That makes sense. I didn’t realize the character was modeled and voiced by an actress that did TV.

Top Bottom