• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken has been rated 18 for ‘strong language, alcohol use and in-game purchases’ (VGC)

UnNamed

Banned
Sexy costumes? Sexy costumes!

a9d4afea3cf4a7ec3081fed4eba879f2e6c223cd.jpg

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Whether or not I buy popcorn doesn't impact my ability to enjoy the entirety of the film. That's what prison pockets are for.

MTX impact the entire structure of a game's design. Everything whether it be UI, progression systems, or even weapon balance is subject to this bullshit.

The UI influence I'll give (need a "UBISOFT Store" button to get to the store obviously; the best usually tuck this out of sight of most gameplay), but where are all of these full priced games that - out the gate - lock progression or even game balancing behind miniscutransactions? UBISOFT are the kings of stuffing games full of MTX and other than UI considerations, none of your woes are to be found.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hence the "in-game purchases".

Oghma3v.jpg
kingfey kingfey
Could you please put this image in the OP so people who dont understand how PEGI works by counting all DLC or any additional content as in game purchases.
That way we dont have three more pages of people talking about nonexistent mtx while they have already confirmed the prequel chapter.

I love how these companies announce DLC and microtransactions well before the game even comes out. Shows where their priorities are, don’t it?

kingfey

Banned
kingfey kingfey
Could you please put this image in the OP so people who dont understand how PEGI works by counting all DLC or any additional content as in game purchases.
That way we dont have three more pages of people talking about nonexistent mtx while they have already confirmed the prequel chapter.
I am at work now. It will take about 5 hour to get home and update it.
Thnx.

anthony2690

Banned
I'm really surprised they have gone for this 18 rated game, as so far all writing and dialogue reminds me off a film/TV shows like Matilda or Tracey Beaker or something that is aimed for a younger audience.

Regardless, hopefully it turns out great for those looking forward to the game.

Last edited:

Vaelka

I'm really surprised they have gone for this 18 rated game, as so far all writing and dialogue reminds me off a film/TV shows like Matilda or Tracey Beaker or something that is aimed for a younger audience.

Regardless, hopefully it turns out great for those looking forward to the game.

That was my thought too, usually I hate adherances to ratings because I feel like it dumbs down games that are meant to be higher rated for the sake of trying to sell M-rated games to kids ( the Total War Warhammer and blood DLC is a good example of that, or the Nurgle models in the game and their lack of gore ).

But in this case it's very bizarre, who the hell is this game even for?

Top Bottom