• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken PC Requirements

winjer

Gold Member
This tweak seems to improve frame pacing with the game.
Disable Fullscreen Optimizations and Overrid DPI scaling to Application.

P.S.: it's not a fix for stuttering.

KUwPKTX.png

yamaci17

10GB of video memory on consoles is understandable but why even 10gb rtx 3080 can't use PS5 textures? Something is very wrong with the software and that's it. Memory jump was much smaller this gen compared to PS3->PS4.

This is like far cry 6 where even 3090 was showing low res textures at launch.
we actually need to learn what kind of memory budget consoles have. that is up to DF to learn / find out. with texture budget set to low, I get more consistent high quality textures than I do with "standard" budget setting on my 8 gigs

also do not forget that out of 10 gb budget, only 8.8 gb of it are being used/allocated by the game. they have a %88 vram cap for their game. spiderman also did this but more aggresively (spiderman had a %80 vram cap which forced 8 gb cards to have 6.4 gb allocation cap and 10 gb cards to have 8 gb allocation cap). in my case game caps itself to a max of 6.8 gb of vram and that's it. you can have 900 mb worth of free memory but game will not recognize it/use it/allocate it for its operations.

honestly, that's a decision devs do and there's nothing user can do about it. I've looked ways to spoof VRAM amount to cheat the game engine but I couldn't find anything about it. I never anticipated devs would do something like this, but they did, but all it does is to hamper already VRAM limited vards be even more limited than they would.

after coutless tweets, bickerings and naggings; nixxes upped the egregious %80 vram cap to %90 for their spiderman game (i mean, it is still a cap, but yeah). i wish there was no cap at all. halo infinite and cyberpunk are two games that can use FULL vram buffer if you have free memory available. this helped me to use texture and ray tracing settings most 3070 users can't due to VRAM limitations (since I have super clean background operations)

games like forspoken and spiderman simply assume that you will have some background bloat and leave some amount of VRAM untouched.

you can see here that total system vram usage outside of the game is around 293 MB. 8192-293 = 7899 MB

out of 7899 MB available budget, game only allocates 7264 of it. So a %90 VRAM cap.

You can prove this yourself, open an application that eats 300 mb of VRAM, and game's available VRAM budget will get reduced by 300 MB.

CsvrCN9.jpg

I will keep looking ways to spoof VRAM, and if I can't find one, there's nothing to do but to move on and upgrade to something with 16 GBs, because even if you get a 12 GB GPU, you will still be bound to 10.8 GB budget (%90 cap) or 10.2 GB budget (%85 cap). Even these two values are super near PS5's budget. Now imagine enabling advanced ray tracing and texture settings over a PS5 with a 4070ti. Newsflash: You can't with this game, because even with 12 gigs of budget, you're still at PS5 levels of memory budget.

Only way to go forward is 16 GB. But Jensen is hiding that sweet unproblematic 16 GB to 4080 and above. That's a problem of its own. I've expected 16 GB 4070 but sadly it ain't happening.

Instead we will be getting 8 GB 4060Ti and maybe 10 GB 4070 (once again, with the %90 cap, ends up being 9 gb budget, despite being highly capable)

Last edited:
Top Bottom