• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FORSPOKEN | Review Thread

What Scores do you think FORSPOKEN will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 85-90%

• 90-95%

• 95-100%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Only the insane repeat the same process and expect a different result. When you try to have dialog and they just throw out the race card without listening then you tell me how to communicate?
My mistake!
Was supposed to be smart sounding "only fools deals in absolutes" but then I thought it's stupid and didn't wanted to post that but neogaf saved a draft and I didn't notice :p

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You actually bought it?

Laugh Lol GIF
Yeah I did. Comes in tomorrow. Steelbook edition (same price).
Why not? I will see if it's really that bad. I am in a mood for light hearted game actually

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My best friend bought this game and I watched while he streamed it for a few hours.

The bones of this game seems OK. Like it looks fun to just run around and fight enemies. But the story is really boring, and despite the actress they found being hotter than the sun, her acting just isn't engaging. Nor is anyone else's.

I wouldn't spend my money on this personally. But I feel like it would probably scratch an itch for someone who loves slowly progressing through an open world game.

Tams

Gold Member
This was a slow motion train wreck heading down the tracks from the moment it was announced.

Only it turns out the train is also on fire and that the cool looking design of the train was just some façade poorly bolted onto it.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
Why not? I will see if it's really that bad. I am in a mood for light hearted game actually

I can't really criticise as I enjoyed my time with High on Life. Let us know how you get on with it tomorrow.

Dialogue aside, the gameplay loop intrigued me, but the reviews are rather pallid on that front as well.

Waiting to see what the PC reviews come in like and may end up getting a cheap code somewhere down the line.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Talk about paying for a lot for a bad product. Who is at Sony looked at this and their thought was let’s pay for exclusivity? The game appeared generic from the first trailer they showed of it. Just bizarre.

Mephisto40

Talk about paying for a lot for a bad product. Who is at Sony looked at this and their thought was let’s pay for exclusivity? The game appeared generic from the first trailer they showed of it. Just bizarre.
Like it's already been said, Sony has a console exclusivity deal with ALL square published games, they don't pick and choose, it's literally every game square publish

Obviously Sony have some input as to when that exclusivity ends, which is the reason FF7 Remake still isn't on xbox

GooseMan69

That cuff thing seems like the most annoying character in gaming history. Like she has a cat in the opening sequence. Why not transport the cat with her and have that be her talking companion instead? Instead it’s “I’m talking to a FREAKING CUFF” which is totally random.

Fuck this stupid quirky meta humor that has infested every piece of media. This game looks like it could’ve been fun without that stuff. “SO THAT JUST HAPPENED” shut the fuck up.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Does it really though? Time is worthy a lot more than money. I certainly wouldn't touch this shit, even if it's free.
I won't know it is 'shit' unless I try it, which is why it is perfect for a subscription service. It looks like there may be some good in there, will just depend if it is enough to keep me hooked.

Everyone has their own value system. I've had a lot of fun with games that have are in the 7/10 average review score range in the past.

TrebleShot

Sneaky fuckers, waiting till late in the day, they are trying every trick in the book to get you to buy it.
Lucky for steam refunds ey.

Interested to see how this performs vs PS5, I recon not so well, horrible specs and shite reviews.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Like it's already been said, Sony has a console exclusivity deal with ALL square published games, they don't pick and choose, it's literally every game square publish

Obviously Sony have some input as to when that exclusivity ends, which is the reason FF7 Remake still isn't on xbox
Which is even more stupid. Majority of people play SE games on your platform so why pay to lock it? I mean it is not the first bizarre business decision from Sony this gen and wouldn’t be the last.

Played about 2 hours, im enjoying it so far.

Won’t try to put up any convincing argument for it or anything cause i know people ahve made up there mind but im glad i trusted my gut on this one.

Feel free to push back the narrative if you feel thats the case.

High on Life was also punished badly in reviews but community came through on that one.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’m interested in trying this out on PC when the demo drops later.
I will say the whole magic slinging aspect looks good to me. Apparently the demo doesn’t do the game justice either.

I expect modders to shut her up a bit and fix that gap tooth, so I don’t feel it’s that big of an issue on PC. All in all I’m not writing this off as I probably would pick it up for $30 or less at some point.

Assaulty

Very unfortunate. I think the combat looks pretty cool, with the different spells. Looks very stylish. Unfortunate the overall game isn't up to snuff. Will pick it up for 5 euro's in a couple of years to play on the steam deck (2)

I'll get when it goes on sale. Had fun with the demo, so I'd like more of that. Shame they didn't tame down the dialogue like they said they would, though.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .imagine the demo will release around launch if not at PC launch. Performance will determine whether to try out the full game or wait. I will say Karak Karak review on this is actually pretty damn good and goes over the clear issues. This is definitely a title for folks interested in just turning off their brains and going hog wild until Hogwarts. . .or HITMAN: Freelancer this Thursday.

Guaranteed that user is here or elsewhere complaining about consumers not coming to their own conclusions about a game instead of relying on reviewers.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Unless Nvidia is bad a writing or im bad at comprehension I think the Game Ready Drivers for Forspoken and Dead Space confirm that both games have atleast DLSS2.

Top Bottom