• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 2 Season 8: (2)³ - The Season Formally Known As (Too) Cubed

Previously in Fortnite C2S7

Dr Slone betrayed the hapless army of Loopers (that's us, the players who've been fulfilling her requests for months) by leaving them to perish on the exploding Mothership at the end of Operation: Sky Fire.

As Epic would have it, the blue cube (unofficially nicknamed Blevin, a portmanteau of Blue & Kevin and/or a reference to the original Fortnite streamer, Ninja) got us out of that funk and sent us hurtling back to the island along with purple cubes and Mothership chunks.

Join us as we face off against cubic corruption and attempt to figure out what Kevin the original purple cube has been up to since he was last seen 3 years ago!

Story Trailer

Fan-favourite Headhunter joins Mancake in flat paradise whilst the remaining group of survivors get caught up in Left 4 Dead ³. In the meantime we get another tease of The Foundation who seems to finally be waking up after sleeping with the fishes for an entire season.
fortnite-chapter-2-season-8-overview-page-key-art-desktop-3008x1692-cb54bedd0689.jpg

Cubic Aftermath

Battle Pass Trailer

The QB1TCH taunts our new eclectic cast of 7 characters as she waits in the shadows as the time-locked 8th character, the personification of evil cubic energy. Fear her dicey dandruff!
fortnite-chapter-2-season-8-home-page-battle-pass-promo-footer-bg-mobile-1500x2099-9970aa99d810.png

What's New In C2S8?
  1. Chunks of the Mothership have been strewn across the island but the formidable alien technologies and energies maintain their presence amidst the wreckage. Bounce off of alien jump pads or fly quickly through anti-grav tunnels (a remix of C1S9's slipstreams) to get in or out of skirmishes.​
  2. In each new match, a random Point Of Interest (named locations on the map) will be encapsulated in the phenomena dubbed as Sideways and the name of that POI will be coloured differently on the map; normal POIs have their names in white. While inside that mysterious space, gravity is lowered and building is disabled, forcing different firefight tactics from Fortnite's signature Build & Shoot gameplay.​
  3. Within those Sideways spaces you'll also have to contend with cube monsters and they drop cube parts that you can use for upgrading these other-dimensional weapons such as the Sideways Rifle and Sideways Minigun.​
  4. In what seems to be inspired by Death Stranding, you can now donate your hard earned gold bars to turrets located around the island, contributing to their construction...and possibly your own future destruction.​
  5. Little consumable cubes are littered all over the spots where cubic corruption is dense. Consuming them puts you into a ghostly state where you can phase through corporeal objects and get around quicker. However, you cannot attack until you exit the ghostly state.​
  6. Crows have been added to the wildlife that you can encounter. They do not drop anything upon death in my limited experience. (I'm predicting that they'll offer some interesting gameplay mechanics as we near Halloween...please submit your speculations in replies below!)​
  7. Raptors which were last seen in C2S6 are back! So far I've only seen them roaming near the Mothership junk sites...​
Additional Media

Thought I heard Matthew Mercer (voice of Overwatch's McCree and Titanfall 2's Jack Cooper) in there so I took a look: his retweet of the video is decent corroboration. Will we get an ingame Matthew 'Midas' Mercer some time this season? Stay tuned!

This OT is in 'Early Access' and will be updated over time as the season and my OT-making skill progresses, edits made will be logged and spoilered at the bottom to prevent bloat.
Edit 1: Added the "What's New In C2S8" section with 6 bulleted points.
Edit 2: Added the video "The First Shadows - The Burning Wolf - Animated Comic #1" and point 7 under What's New.

Last edited:
GAFFN BOARD
This section (name is tentative) will function as a billboard dedicated to everything our lil' Fortnite community produces or requests, be it memes, clips, fanart, looking for groups (LFGs) etc.

As usual, I'll be spoilering content to prevent page bloat.

Anyone that wants to play chill Fortnite, in other words don't much care if we win or lose, maybe do a quest or two whatever and socialize, friend me up.

Last edited:
I'm not getting those bonus points :(

Suddenly I'm not sure if wishing you good luck at getting a PS5 was the best idea lol. Then again, if you're interested in giving DMCV time, that'd be the best place to do it, especially since turbo mode is a thing there (not on PS4).

Bugha am cry.

Yea, I need to go back and see if I counted the fingers wrongly (HAH) but yea I think you're right that he's meant to be the movie version that we'll see in the movie sequel.

Yea I like her default look quite a bit. Also, let's continue out chit chat in the new OT :D

It's a line from Austin powers goldmember. But I don't blame you, that movie and line is ancient as the dinosaurs lol.

Yup, just waiting on soony to restock. Then again they are combating the scalper virus. so it's not really entirely their fault for the shortages. oh well, Marvel's wolverine and Marvel's spiderman 2 don't come out till 2023 and beyond so plenty of time to try to get my hands on one lol.

Oh well, maybe she should of asked someone at Epic to give his skin a much cooler design. hell
I'd even take ninja and lachlan over his any day!

Oh there is no doubt and without question that's the movie adaptation. I did a little comparison between epics Design and the movie. Almost identical with the exception that the movie version is a bit darker in color.

lf8cZIh.jpg

XD25EK7.jpg

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you. congratulations on the New season's OT! Looking forward to the updates and of course awesome conversations with you 😀

It's a line from Austin powers goldmember. But I don't blame you, that movie and line is ancient as the dinosaurs lol.

Yup, just waiting on soony to restock. Then again they are combating the scalper virus. so it's not really entirely their fault for the shortages. oh well, Marvel's wolverine and Marvel's spiderman 2 don't come out till 2023 and beyond so plenty of time to try to get my hands on one lol.

Oh well, maybe she should of asked someone at Epic to give his skin a much cooler design. hell
I'd even take ninja and lachlan over his any day!

Oh there is no doubt and without question that's the movie adaptation. I did a little comparison between epics Design and the movie. Almost identical with the exception that the movie version is a bit darker in color.

lf8cZIh.jpg

XD25EK7.jpg

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you. congratulations on the New season's OT! Looking forward to the updates and of course awesome conversations with you 😀

Sorry to disappoint but as you can guess, I never watched any of the Austin Powers movies, though I am aware of the franchise. McFarlane used to have an Austin Powers toyline too IIRC?

Lol Soony, I get that ref.

Yea the other male Fortnite streamers (Thegrefg) all have some dope skins, Bugha probably didn't demand much when he was asked for feedback I guess?

Thanks for the Carnage comparison pics, case closed. That said, there's a high likelihood he has an unlockable (hopefully comicbook) style beyond level 100.

Hey thanks man, I just like having this cosy corner where we can casually talk about FNBR as well as whatever stuff it ties in to per season. The OT isn't anywhere close to done in my mind; I intend to edit in more and more good stuff that is hopefully fun and useful for old and newcomers to Fortnite.

Sorry to disappoint but as you can guess, I never watched any of the Austin Powers movies, though I am aware of the franchise. McFarlane used to have an Austin Powers toyline too IIRC?

Lol Soony, I get that ref.

Yea the other male Fortnite streamers (Thegrefg) all have some dope skins, Bugha probably didn't demand much when he was asked for feedback I guess?

Thanks for the Carnage comparison pics, case closed. That said, there's a high likelihood he has an unlockable (hopefully comicbook) style beyond level 100.

Hey thanks man, I just like having this cosy corner where we can casually talk about FNBR as well as whatever stuff it ties in to per season. The OT isn't anywhere close to done in my mind; I intend to edit in more and more good stuff that is hopefully fun and useful for old and newcomers to Fortnite.

Yeah he made some action figures a long time ago around or a little later after the movies were released. he does that sometimes, I'm much more of a fan of his spawn, mcfarlane twisted fairy tales, and monsters series.

True, but thanks to that I'm not really gonna run it. especially when you have as you mentioned thegrefg, ninja, lalchan, loserfruit etc.

Been looking at the bonus tab, most of them say epic so I'm going to assume unless they update one of them to marvel. I think we can possibly rule our carnage getting anymore bonus styles other than the maximum carnage one. I could be completely wrong mind you but that's what I gather from inspecting the bonus tab.

Absolutely! I definitely love being apart of the neogaf FNBR community here. And looking forward to the updates.

Yeah he made some action figures a long time ago around or a little later after the movies were released. he does that sometimes, I'm much more of a fan of his spawn, mcfarlane twisted fairy tales, and monsters series.

True, but thanks to that I'm not really gonna run it. especially when you have as you mentioned thegrefg, ninja, lalchan, loserfruit etc.

Been looking at the bonus tab, most of them say epic so I'm going to assume unless they update one of them to marvel. I think we can possibly rule our carnage getting anymore bonus styles other than the maximum carnage one. I could be completely wrong mind you but that's what I gather from inspecting the bonus tab.

Absolutely! I definitely love being apart of the neogaf FNBR community here. And looking forward to the updates.
I don't think Todd (McFarlane) makes them so to speak, though I wouldn't be surprised if he oversaw which franchises they'd work together with to produce.

I seem to remember the impetus for him starting up McFarlane Toys was due to his dissatisfaction with the quality of toy figures at the time: poor shoddy detail, ugly exposed articulations and all that.

And to his credit, he did shake it up. I'll always love the guy for upping the standard of affordable toy figures.

Best hope for some badass future Bugha style then :D

I'll check the tabs later but I wouldn't put it past Epic to surprise us; I was pleasantly surprised to see Trespasser Elite have a new style after the blowup. Still not an essential skin for me, but it's a fun new thing that Epic pulled off.

Haha "community", it's more like a few of us gathered around a campfire XD

And yea one of my plans is to update the OT along with the updates, it'll act as a pseudo diary for the changes throughout the season that we can look back on.

P.S. We both changed our avatars, lol.

I don't think Todd (McFarlane) makes them so to speak, though I wouldn't be surprised if he oversaw which franchises they'd work together with to produce.

I seem to remember the impetus for him starting up McFarlane Toys was due to his dissatisfaction with the quality of toy figures at the time: poor shoddy detail, ugly exposed articulations and all that.

And to his credit, he did shake it up. I'll always love the guy for upping the standard of affordable toy figures.

Best hope for some badass future Bugha style then :D

I'll check the tabs later but I wouldn't put it past Epic to surprise us; I was pleasantly surprised to see Trespasser Elite have a new style after the blowup. Still not an essential skin for me, but it's a fun new thing that Epic pulled off.

Haha "community", it's more like a few of us gathered around a campfire XD

And yea one of my plans is to update the OT along with the updates, it'll act as a pseudo diary for the changes throughout the season that we can look back on.

P.S. We both changed our avatars, lol.

Yeah I remember reading something like that. and yes he did, I have so many fond memories of as kid. where I live, a long time ago around the late 90's and to mid/early 2000's. had this store called media play, and this was around time you'd seen bloodrayne, resident evil 3 nemesis. all these cool games and such on their shelves, but there was more than video games, they had DVD's, music, graphic novels, clothes toys you name it. I remember being just 8 or 9, I'd run to the back after you get through the entrance. and there it was, most of it was McFarlane toys, spawn, AVP, monsters, terminator, the tortured souls series etc. I was never scared this stuff mind you, I thought it was all awesome and I wanted every single one. only ones I ever got was spawn figures and one of the original predator from the first movie.

doubtful, I haven't really seen any of the icon series skins receive new styles unless originally released with that second variant. but you never know.

Yup, I wouldn't be too surprised if this happened. we'll retract my previous comment for now. once they update reveal the bonus tab rewards, then I'll comment lol on it again lol.

That's actually cool, makes us feel like we are participating in this "fortnite" diary haha.

And yeah! I see you're a man of taste, I'm ngl I'd simp for Charlotte 24/7th. like the lyrics of that usher song, I got it bad! and yup! gonna miss cursed midas smiling. but with Venom being in Marvel's spiderman 2, carnage being the tier 100 BP skin, and the upcoming sequel. it's good to be a marvel fan and Venom fan! so I gotta wear my boy as my profile pic, run his skin in FNBR. gotta represent my symbiotes! 😁

Seems like we may be getting a brand new skin of venom! From what defaults has said about the textures in the file and the looks of it. not only is this a whole entirely different skin from the OG venom, but it's based on the Tom hardy adaptation.

Yeah I remember reading something like that. and yes he did, I have so many fond memories of as kid. where I live, a long time ago around the late 90's and to mid/early 2000's. had this store called media play, and this was around time you'd seen bloodrayne, resident evil 3 nemesis. all these cool games and such on their shelves, but there was more than video games, they had DVD's, music, graphic novels, clothes toys you name it. I remember being just 8 or 9, I'd run to the back after you get through the entrance. and there it was, most of it was McFarlane toys, spawn, AVP, monsters, terminator, the tortured souls series etc. I was never scared this stuff mind you, I thought it was all awesome and I wanted every single one. only ones I ever got was spawn figures and one of the original predator from the first movie.

doubtful, I haven't really seen any of the icon series skins receive new styles unless originally released with that second variant. but you never know.

Yup, I wouldn't be too surprised if this happened. we'll retract my previous comment for now. once they update reveal the bonus tab rewards, then I'll comment lol on it again lol.

That's actually cool, makes us feel like we are participating in this "fortnite" diary haha.

And yeah! I see you're a man of taste, I'm ngl I'd simp for Charlotte 24/7th. like the lyrics of that usher song, I got it bad! and yup! gonna miss cursed midas smiling. but with Venom being in Marvel's spiderman 2, carnage being the tier 100 BP skin, and the upcoming sequel. it's good to be a marvel fan and Venom fan! so I gotta wear my boy as my profile pic, run his skin in FNBR. gotta represent my symbiotes! 😁
Sounds like little pockets of nerd paradise and I'm fairly certain Donald Mustard's youth was shaped similarly. And now he's using that experience to shape Fortnite :D

I think Marshmello might be the first? But yea he's not an icon in the sense of being a Fortnite streamer/player first.

For the sake of all nerds I hope Carnage does get a comicbook style, preferably a little less bulky than the current one too.

Truth be told I just took a few screenshots to see how Charlotte would look with the Aqauri-axe (love the little clownfishes) and decided instead of posting them in here I'd just rock one of them as an avatar for the time being. I do like her default look but I don't see her being a top favourite in my locker yet.

I actually wanted to use the winged Menace pic but trying to fit the wings in makes him too small, ultimately I want a visible face in the avatar pic.

So having said all that, my reasoning behind the avatar pic is not as noble as your Venom stanning lol.

Hate to be that guy. But not really feeling this season.

:(

When I should be levelling up I'm playing Aliens Fireteam instead.

Only time I've gone back to Fortnite is to play 50 Fashion Show.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Hate to be that guy. But not really feeling this season.

:(

When I should be levelling up I'm playing Aliens Fireteam instead.

Only time I've gone back to Fortnite is to play 50 Fashion Show.

Same. Thematically it feels confusing and ugly. The loot pool is also pretty sparse right now with basically not a single interesting addition to the game. What a come down from last season.

That being said, I get the feeling that a lot of their resources are going to that new open world survival mode that's supposed to drop in Chapter 3. Feels like a skeleton crew are left working on Battle Royale.

Same. Thematically it feels confusing and ugly. The loot pool is also pretty sparse right now with basically not a single interesting addition to the game. What a come down from last season.

That being said, I get the feeling that a lot of their resources are going to that new open world survival mode that's supposed to drop in Chapter 3. Feels like a skeleton crew are left working on Battle Royale.

I didn't get the ghost mode returning from last Halloween repackaged....so what are you going to do for Halloween?

It's meh from me.

I can only guess the beta team who did Primevel season got this job.

I mean if I was an Epic staffer.

"So what shall we change?"

"NUKE FUCKING CORAL ISLAND"

Yet it's still here. Being as boring as ever.

Marvel season same time last year was steller. This seems minimum effort.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Is there some game within the sideways zones that pop up in the map? I think most of them have two super chests inside. Do they incentivize killing the enemy zombies or should you just open the chests and get out ASAP?

Saw an interesting symbol show up on the map, went to investigate and turns out it's a Mythic Carnage Symbiote weapon hehe.

Grants you the ability to redeploy, grab enemies (like Venom back in C2S4) and you run faster and jump higher, it feels similar to the alien parasites (which seem to have been vaulted completely, not sure yet).

And it turns out they just put them in hours ago.

Edit: The Carnage Symbiote map icon looks like this (bottom center):
Qm7FUqE.jpg

Edit 2: It's so new that I think a good portion of people haven't realized these things are on the map.

A few pointers:
  • Both extracts seem to spawn in roughly at the same time as the first circle. Sometimes they don't show up at all, maybe a bug? Edit: Okay, sometimes they only show up in a later circle.
  • Try floating around the center of the island at the start, then glide towards the extracts when they finally show up on the map.
  • Functionally both are identical but cosmetically different.
  • You can't carry both at the same time.
  • There's only one of each symbiote weapon per match.
  • Once you've grabbed the weapon it no longer shows up on the map...so I hid one of them in the bushes, lol.
  • Entering shadow form doesn't hide the symbiote on your back, so it looks like you're a floating back bling flying around.
svlt9AL.jpg

Wearing Venom and seeking Carnage.​

Last edited:
I've been thinking the meta allows us to somewhat comfortably peek out because OHKO snipers aren't part of the loot pool for now...until I got one shotted by someone with the Dragon's Breath Sniper; the Exotic sniper rifle with incendiary shots.

Funnily enough, same dude killed himself by accidentally igniting his box when my remaining rando squadmates pressured him, leading us to a win. Turns out me rebooting one of them early on was totally worth it :D

And to top it off, we won despite being down one dipshit, who pinged the closest POI at the start, jumped off the bus without any confirmation from us (probably in a bid to pressure considerate teammates to join him ASAP) and proceeded to get gunned down early into a ragequit. The other three of us just pinged the POI near the end of the route and landed there instead, top kek.

Probably the most eventful rando squad match this weekend for me.

Last edited:
Sounds like little pockets of nerd paradise and I'm fairly certain Donald Mustard's youth was shaped similarly. And now he's using that experience to shape Fortnite :D

I think Marshmello might be the first? But yea he's not an icon in the sense of being a Fortnite streamer/player first.

For the sake of all nerds I hope Carnage does get a comicbook style, preferably a little less bulky than the current one too.

Truth be told I just took a few screenshots to see how Charlotte would look with the Aqauri-axe (love the little clownfishes) and decided instead of posting them in here I'd just rock one of them as an avatar for the time being. I do like her default look but I don't see her being a top favourite in my locker yet.

I actually wanted to use the winged Menace pic but trying to fit the wings in makes him too small, ultimately I want a visible face in the avatar pic.

So having said all that, my reasoning behind the avatar pic is not as noble as your Venom stanning lol.

Glad to hear that the man who is in charge of Fortnite's story might share similar interests with me!

I'll get Marshmello one of these days. everytime I get ready buy him. something new was always coming out lol. thankfully his bundle is 1800 V bucks because I bought the marsh walk emote.

He may or may not. it depends if one of the bonus styles is one of those. if not then it's safe to say he won't unless they make comic book accurate skin later down the road. I never really known epic to add new styles to battle pass skins beyond the seasons they release in.

I like her already, but it's looking like a repeat of last time. she's going to be sweat BP skin of this season, that's all I'm seeing in my games, sweaty ass Charlotte's. although not to be a perv, the words sweaty+ass+Charlotte is 😌 lol!

Well atleast we have different avatar pics for different reasons lol!

Btw took this when I was in the storm at camp cod.

C5Pnnd5.jpg

"Hi blevin!! It's toona peely here! Nice to meet cha!"

My overall thoughts on this season so far. while I am enjoying the slight new map changes (It's crazy to see a bunch of Kevin the cubes lying around!) and while I do enjoy the sideways from what I played. the XP system, and it's punchcards is....something else. it leaves much to be desired, now I know epic wants to change the quest system every new season, experimenting and all that jazz. But it's not enough imo, I've completed my most if not most of all of my character punchcard quests. and while I've been using the creative mode XP trick, as well as the imposters mode XP farming. it's still abysmal in my humble opinion. Now impostors is a good mode, the problem for me is that I really don't have the luxury of getting a bunch of people I know and make a private match. so im forced to play in public matches, which is freaking slow to grind through. either A I get instantly killed by an impostor to even get a decent amount of tasks done. my fellow agents accuse me, and get me voted out despite that I'm legitimately not one. you get a nice amount of XP, provided you can do and perform alot of tasks over and over again. so overall can't say too much about this season overall, loot pool is bare minimum at best. with some returning favorites like the lever action shotgun, and the burst assault rifle. sideways weapons are a bit weak in my experience of using them. haven't really bothered going after the mythic symbiote weapons because every person in their neck of the woods will be fighting over these so why bother getting killed over and over again for them. so yeah that's my opinion on chapter 2 season 8 so far. it's looking like a mixed bag for me overall.

Glad to hear that the man who is in charge of Fortnite's story might share similar interests with me!

I'll get Marshmello one of these days. everytime I get ready buy him. something new was always coming out lol. thankfully his bundle is 1800 V bucks because I bought the marsh walk emote.

He may or may not. it depends if one of the bonus styles is one of those. if not then it's safe to say he won't unless they make comic book accurate skin later down the road. I never really known epic to add new styles to battle pass skins beyond the seasons they release in.

I like her already, but it's looking like a repeat of last time. she's going to be sweat BP skin of this season, that's all I'm seeing in my games, sweaty ass Charlotte's. although not to be a perv, the words sweaty+ass+Charlotte is 😌 lol!

Well atleast we have different avatar pics for different reasons lol!

Btw took this when I was in the storm at camp cod.

C5Pnnd5.jpg

"Hi blevin!! It's toona peely here! Nice to meet cha!"
This is quite random, but I'm wondering if Mustard would ever pursue a collaboration with Apex Legends.

Lol, Marshmello the original icon am cry.

Oh I went to check the pass recently and realized Carnage has a Maximum style early on, so the unknown styles are probably for the other skins.

It's a recurring theme every season, at the start people will tend to rock the first two skins of the BP, I've been seeing a good mix of Charlottes and Toona Fish, last season was a lot of Sunnys. Sweaty ass Charlotte is fine, I'd be more afraid of a human who doesn't sweat, might have to tap them in the head to check if they're human or alien :p

Oh yea, I found the blue cube there as well, I forgot the name of that new landmark but you can gain shields by making contact with the cube.

My overall thoughts on this season so far. while I am enjoying the slight new map changes (It's crazy to see a bunch of Kevin the cubes lying around!) and while I do enjoy the sideways from what I played. the XP system, and it's punchcards is....something else. it leaves much to be desired, now I know epic wants to change the quest system every new season, experimenting and all that jazz. But it's not enough imo, I've completed my most if not most of all of my character punchcard quests. and while I've been using the creative mode XP trick, as well as the imposters mode XP farming. it's still abysmal in my humble opinion. Now impostors is a good mode, the problem for me is that I really don't have the luxury of getting a bunch of people I know and make a private match. so im forced to play in public matches, which is freaking slow to grind through. either A I get instantly killed by an impostor to even get a decent amount of tasks done. my fellow agents accuse me, and get me voted out despite that I'm legitimately not one. you get a nice amount of XP, provided you can do and perform alot of tasks over and over again. so overall can't say too much about this season overall, loot pool is bare minimum at best. with some returning favorites like the lever action shotgun, and the burst assault rifle. sideways weapons are a bit weak in my experience of using them. haven't really bothered going after the mythic symbiote weapons because every person in their neck of the woods will be fighting over these so why bother getting killed over and over again for them. so yeah that's my opinion on chapter 2 season 8 so far. it's looking like a mixed bag for me overall.
The NPC punchcards are roughly worth one level each at 80,000xp when you finish all five, effectively replacing the Epic/Legendary Quests that we've been used to.

The good thing is the quests auto update within a match and they stay the same from the first to the fifth:

Eg. Fabio Sparklemane is at Apres Ski and his first quest is always "ride a ski line" (there's one right behind Apres Ski leading to the seaside) and the second quest will be "destroy 5 pieces of furniture at Apres Ski", so anytime you go there and start the questline from scratch, that's two quests you can clear within 1 minute.

And this will help because daily quests now all involve clearing a few quests of a certain rarity (5 common, 1 Legendary etc.) or 3 quests from a certain character.

Once you get familiar with the quest lines it's easier to plan a quick route through them.

Toona Fish's first quest is a rather time-consuming "visit 3 named locations" quest, ugh.

But yea the removal of the hidden punch cards that give you XP for stuff like gliding, swimming, running and other miscellaneous stuff definitely makes it feel like there's less XP overall. I think we'll be fine, just do your dailies hah.

Mossybrew

Anyone that wants to play chill Fortnite, in other words don't much care if we win or lose, maybe do a quest or two whatever and socialize, friend me up.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The Carnage and Venom symbiote are so God**** stupid. REEEEEE!!

Seriously though, they should make them so they always show up on the map, or give them a constant audible sound (drooling) so they can't sneak up on players.

The Carnage and Venom symbiote are so God**** stupid. REEEEEE!!

Seriously though, they should make them so they always show up on the map, or give them a constant audible sound (drooling) so they can't sneak up on players.
Have you thought of retrying your idea from last season? You and your partner should each get the symbiote for free redeploys and the attack blows through builds.

Plus, there aren't inflate-a-bulls this time that cautious enemies might carry. The map is dotted with more stuff that makes it hard to guarantee a fall though.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Have you thought of retrying your idea from last season? You and your partner should each get the symbiote for free redeploys and the attack blows through builds.

Plus, there aren't inflate-a-bulls this time that cautious enemies might carry. The map is dotted with more stuff that makes it hard to guarantee a fall though.

We considered that but it doesn't seem like the symbiotes show up consistently enough to plan around. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it feels like each one has a 50 percent chance of showing up in a match, and if they do show up, they do so about 5 - 10 minutes after the start of every match in a random location.

We currently have two traps. The first has me jumping up and down on an IO base launch pad trying to get a teams attention, then when they get close, I fly to about 15 meters in front of the turret and build a metal box. My teammate is hidden right next to the turret so if they jump on, he can headshot them off it and we can 2 v 1 the last guy. Or, more commonly they both just start pick axing my box and my teammate can jump on the turret and hopefully knock one.

The next trap we use in the 3rd circle and it requires us to use a bunch of mats...

It's a little frustrating when we get pulled out by some sweat who lacks the courage to come into our house of pain.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

I like how all their item/weapon videos are showed off in ways that aren't practical and will never work in game.

Last edited:
The NPC punchcards are roughly worth one level each at 80,000xp when you finish all five, effectively replacing the Epic/Legendary Quests that we've been used to.

The good thing is the quests auto update within a match and they stay the same from the first to the fifth:

Eg. Fabio Sparklemane is at Apres Ski and his first quest is always "ride a ski line" (there's one right behind Apres Ski leading to the seaside) and the second quest will be "destroy 5 pieces of furniture at Apres Ski", so anytime you go there and start the questline from scratch, that's two quests you can clear within 1 minute.

And this will help because daily quests now all involve clearing a few quests of a certain rarity (5 common, 1 Legendary etc.) or 3 quests from a certain character.

Once you get familiar with the quest lines it's easier to plan a quick route through them.

Toona Fish's first quest is a rather time-consuming "visit 3 named locations" quest, ugh.

But yea the removal of the hidden punch cards that give you XP for stuff like gliding, swimming, running and other miscellaneous stuff definitely makes it feel like there's less XP overall. I think we'll be fine, just do your dailies hah.

Apologize for getting back to you so late dude. been grinding for the past few days, both using the creative XP trick. and doing my daily punchcards everyday. currently sitting at level 52 with half a bar so I'll be definitely hitting level 53 tomorrow.

Overall I've been using battle labs when new character punchcards drop. To avoid getting eliminated due to there being so many other players fighting/contesting in the same landing spot lol. then I hop into solos and do them, until they are all complete.

So you're right, I have formulated a plan of sorts when doing these punchcards. some or less however are bit challenging, such as the sideways encounter one for me.

Don't want to turn this into a skin thread. but add my overall thoughts as a venom fanboy. about the newly released eddie brock set. first they really captured Tom hardy's likeness very very well. I like the football jacket as it's something I'd imagine eddie both in the comics or cartoons to wear. so even on its own as skin without the transformation built in emote. it's a good skin style.

Now here where in a bit decisive on venom for this version of this skin. built in emote is top tier A, it's what alot of venom fans wanted for the OG venom outfit. but while it captures the movie appearance very well. I'm not gonna lie, I did a comparison between both and I prefer the OG venom skin. it's not just Because he's the comic book version, or that he has the iconic spider emblem on his front chest and abdomen, and back.

But as venom, he's supposed to be big, muscular, beefy. an absolute beast, a monster. eddie was already lifting weights and was in good shape too, about as much as body builder. in the comics, yeah I know they are both completely different takes on the character. but kinda illustrates that whoever designed the movie venom concept at Epic. didn't capture the scope or size of this behemoth. even in the movie he's big ass fuck, here...it's just a toned down, black carnage imo.

not disappointed, by no means but when you go back and forth between the two. depending on the preference. I highly prefer OG venom, that's just me, but hey still love the glider and contrails! been waiting for ages to give my OG venom preset a proper glider and contrails.

KHFGBkN.jpg

r8XdYzC.jpg

Xd6oTKU.jpg

Here's some lovely screenshots I took last night courtesy of my PS4.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Is there any chance the Venom/Carnage symbiotes are only in the game until Venom 2 drops?

They're my most hated addition since glider redeploy way back in Ch 1.

bargeparty

This game is such trash. I'm constantly getting cheated out of wins and combat engagements because of how fucking bad it is.

And nobody fucking cares because it's all about emotes and skins and autistic kids money.

NickFire

This game is such trash. I'm constantly getting cheated out of wins and combat engagements because of how fucking bad it is.

And nobody fucking cares because it's all about emotes and skins and autistic kids money.
It drives me nuts, but no matter how good you are at shooting, the ability to fast build is needed to beat the best.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It drives me nuts, but no matter how good you are at shooting, the ability to fast build is needed to beat the best.

Fortnite is my favorite game of all time precisely because it rewards camping like no other game I've ever played. Become a camper. The ways of the camper reveal themselves to you if you listen to the sounds of the island.

Edit: I think I interpreted your post incorrectly. My bad.

Last edited:

bargeparty

Fortnite is my favorite game of all time precisely because it rewards camping like no other game I've ever played. Become a camper. The ways of the camper reveal themselves to you if you listen to the sounds of the island.

Camping is a cowards game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

I should have listened to you. Me and my partner just figured out how to get the symbiotes about 70 percent of the time.

The season is saved! We love it! We're now the most annoying campers in the world!

I should have listened to you. Me and my partner just figured out how to get the symbiotes about 70 percent of the time.

The season is saved! We love it! We're now the most annoying campers in the world!

Care to share? I've still not found one, then again, I've never really looked.

NickFire

I didn't read anything that bothered me in your post. And we're probably similar in play style. I am not someone who camps for long stretches, but once the end gets close I am always looking for a safe spot to cover me. I do well enough to enjoy the game, but I will never be able to build like some people can. Slightly above average is my aim.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Care to share? I've still not found one, then again, I've never really looked.

Land at the IO base just south of the center crater lake (on the mountains, to the right of weeping woods).

They spawn (estimated 70 percent of the time) 2 or 3 seconds after the formation of the first circle (super early in match). The moment they pop up on map, launch pad to them from IO base. They almost always spawn near (ish) to center of the map. Don't need to look for them on edges of map. Hard to spot sometimes though.

Also, 30 percent of the time they spawn once the storm reaches the first circle (so about 5 minutes into a match).

That IO base has those black cars, which are the fastest in the game so occasionally they can help get the second circle batch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom