• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite DLC for Smash Bros?

brap

Banned
A new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate report is currently making the rounds that could have big implications for its DLC. Emphasis on "could," here. The popular video game still has four character DLC slots left to fill, and there's been no word of more characters coming after this. But if the latest hubbub hints at the possible inclusion of a Fortnite character, which has been a popular rumor for some time now.

Tapping into this, a new "leak" has surfaced from an unlikely source: FireMonkey, a prominent Fortnite leaker. Recently, Fortnite creative director Donald Mustard chatted up Geoff Keighley, the host of The Game Awards, over a Zoom call that was presented in front of a limited audience and that hasn't been shared online yet. However, according to a source FireMonkey deems "credible," one of the topics that came up during the interview was Fortnite DLC in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Responding to this, Mustard reportedly declined to comment, noting he can't talk about the topic, which of course immediately suggests there's something to talk about. In other words, as a result, many fans now think a Fortnite character -- presumably Jonesy, the face of the franchise -- is coming to the game as a future DLC character.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
957d4eaa653f3d97b55e37e1c8e2d1bd48a91afdd1a5f3db761c0a5a1d1d

Saruhashi

Banned
Not for me, thanks.

I appreciate the work the Smash Bros developers put in to making the new characters interesting and fun to play.

I do not appreciate feeling like the Smash Bros DLC is being used as a kind of marketing tool for other franchises. They were pushing the limit with Minecraft and I wouldn't be very impressed if the go with Fotnite next.

-Arcadia-

Banned
In b4 angry boomers.

Fort was/is the Halo of Gen Z (and others), but on so much of a larger scale. It’s a newer entrant, but has absolutely earned it’s place, filling the last three years with so many amazing memories, and special times with friends.

I think it absolutely belongs in the virtual great videogame museum.

jigglet

Banned
Not for me, thanks.

I appreciate the work the Smash Bros developers put in to making the new characters interesting and fun to play.

I do not appreciate feeling like the Smash Bros DLC is being used as a kind of marketing tool for other franchises. They were pushing the limit with Minecraft and I wouldn't be very impressed if the go with Fotnite next.

Agreed. Most of the content has seemed like fan service so far. This feels outright cynical.

Blond

Banned
In b4 angry boomers.

Fort was/is the Halo of Gen Z (and others), but on so much of a larger scale. It’s a newer entrant, but has absolutely earned it’s place, filling the last three years with so many amazing memories, and special times with friends.

I think it absolutely belongs in the virtual great videogame museum.

I’m realizing day by day that Neogaf doesn’t realize there are the least cared about from a development and marketing standpoint.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m realizing day by day that Neogaf doesn’t realize there are the least cared about from a development and marketing standpoint.

It’s mean, but Gaming Side ended up with a bubble of 40 and 50 year old console warriors that don’t realize that the world passed them by while they were constantly fighting about nonsense and ‘AAA’ styles of games from the 2000s.

brap

Banned
It’s mean, but Gaming Side ended up with a bubble of 40 and 50 year old console warriors that don’t realize that the world passed them by while they were constantly fighting about nonsense and ‘AAA’ styles of games from the 2000s.
Fortnite is fucking garbage. Back in my day we ran in circles and shot each other in small levels. None of this building bullshit. None of this hide and seek.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
In b4 angry boomers.

Fort was/is the Halo of Gen Z (and others)
This hurts me on the deepest level of my being. Every fiber of my soul cries out in anguish. Human existence is fraught with hardship and pain. Why must we suffer so? This is truly the bottom of the abyss where we wallow in despair. There is no misery greater than this. Truly, this is the depravity of man.

Also, I'm not a boomer. You're the boomer.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I don't care what anyone thinks...I'm 45 years old and a huge Fortnite fan. I would love this. ❤

tenor.gif

This hurts me on the deepest level of my being. Every fiber of my soul cries out in anguish. Human existence is fraught with hardship and pain. Why must we suffer so? This is truly the bottom of the abyss where we wallow in despair. There is no misery greater than this. Truly, this is the depravity of man.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

bender

What time is it?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

JimboJones

Not sure I see a problem, probably be a pretty cool character from a gameplay point of view.
More interesting than Banjo-Kazooie anyway.

iconmaster

Banned
  • Fortnite doesn’t have a “character”
  • Western franchise representation is rare in Smash
  • This rumor only started because a Fortnite creative director issued a “no comment” in response to the idea

I’m not going to waste a lot of mental energy on this until there’s more to it.

brap

Banned
  • Fortnite doesn’t have a “character”
  • Western franchise representation is rare in Smash
  • This rumor only started because a Fortnite creative director issued a “no comment” in response to the idea

I’m not going to waste a lot of mental energy on this until there’s more to it.
Fornite has default characters. They even have names.

Top Bottom