• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 - 14 Minutes of Xbox Series X Direct Feed Gameplay

kingfey

Banned

Description

Forza Horizon 5 - 14 Minutes of Xbox Series X Direct Feed Gameplay
IGN27,684 viewsAug 12, 2021
Playground Games has been showing off Forza Horizon 5 during their live streams and today we're happy to share some provided direct feed gameplay from the Xbox Series X. Provided from Playground without commentary we get our first high-quality look at gameplay featuring the Full Forza Horizon 5 map, a look at the customization options and the reveal of the 2020 Toyota Supra. Then they transitioned to a look at the Mulge Town Scramble Race that features a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR. Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox Series X will run at 4K 30FPS with options for a 60fps mode, but while the provided footage that Playground has sent out was not true Forza Horizon 5 4K footage, it is at an incredibly high bitrate and our best look yet at the game's performance at 4K 30fps, captured at 1080p 50CBR.

Kuranghi

Amazing texture work and models, looks fantastic but I'm disappointed with the IQ, the whole presentation is pretty soft for being the 30fps mode (doesn't look anywhere close to native 4K) and it has a lot of aliasing on foliage and high contrast edges. They should work on making their temporal AA solution better to fix that if they can't make it run at a higher internal res than they currently are. I would expect a 30fps mode for a racing game which is a flagship title to look cleaner than this. FH4 had a much sharper presentation on X1X in its 30fps mode imo, but that was native 4K I believe.

I wish we could get access to an non-youtube version of the video, in case the youtube encode has just really effed the quality. Its possible to have ultra high quality youtube videos ofc but I get the feeling these big companies like IGN are re-encoding the source video and then letting youtube re-encode it again which is gonna give shit results usually.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
happy fuck yeah GIF

xion4360

amazing work with the reflections..they look great without cutting off dramatically at the edges and the vehicle reflections look accurate too.

scalman

its kinda looks similar to H4 .. yes something maybe better or more detailed ... but thats been said im not impressed with handling ther..all i see is same things from H4... again when we will gwt handling options to like make it to fully forza handling for someone who wants that or make it arcady more for others... but i guess its still same as in H4 ... and reason i dont play that so much now lately because that handling ... like i dont like supercars for that reason there... they just too unreal there.. not that exciting
again visuals not everything ... it was enough for me how it looked in H3 even , just if they would make full forza handling for that game i would play that rather then new game

Top Bottom