• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5: Expansion 2 Releasing "Early 2023"

I would like them to not just add a new part of the world but a completely new game mode to it (e.g. like I said in the other thread: cops vs. racers or something, where you can leave your car and walk around and drive with others - a little like in GTA)

Last edited:
Want to hear more about Fable, not FH5 TBH.

They announced some features for PC (including in-game RT!) coming to it...but only for PC, apparently. Honestly I think that's really lame. This is stuff MS (and Sony; some of their PC ports have added features that seem to not be getting added to the PS5 versions and that's kinda messed up too) advertised their systems on this gen, yet it's PC reaping the benefits?

It's kind of like treating the console audience as second-class citizens, genuinely think MS & Sony need to update the console versions of their games with some form of these features like in-game RT and higher framerates that come to the PC versions.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The only MS studio who are able to pump out top quality content fairly often. Can’t wait! Loved Hot Wheels 👌
Great point and I had this very conversation talking about MSFT earlier with a friend. They're still lacking a lot but Forza Horizon is a constant winner.

GHG

Gold Member
It's kind of like treating the console audience as second-class citizens,

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Fredrik

Great point and I had this very conversation talking about MSFT earlier with a friend. They're still lacking a lot but Forza Horizon is a constant winner.
Yeah iirc Forza Horizon has been the highest rated racing games for 3 generations now, Playground is like a perfectly tuned and well-oiled machine.

Tunned

I have lost faith in FH's expansions after they did Lego, and completely abandoned treasure island in FH4. I'm glad I did not buy the expansion pass for FH5, but I echo the hope for a remastered Colorado map as the next expansion.

Ozriel

M$FT

Not sure why you expected Fable news from a ‘Forza monthly’ live stream

They announced some features for PC (including in-game RT!) coming to it...but only for PC, apparently. Honestly I think that's really lame. This is stuff MS (and Sony; some of their PC ports have added features that seem to not be getting added to the PS5 versions and that's kinda messed up too) advertised their systems on this gen, yet it's PC reaping the benefits?

It's kind of like treating the console audience as second-class citizens, genuinely think MS & Sony need to update the console versions of their games with some form of these features like in-game RT and higher framerates that come to the PC versions.

Much easier to enable RT on PC where users have more powerful GPUs than the ones in the flagship console. Also easier when you do it in tandem with tech like FSR and DLSS to help mitigate the impact of RT.

I don’t see it as ‘treating consoles as second class citizens’. It’s the reality…these are fixed hardware that were already outclassed by 2 year old 30xx GPUs, and the gap will continue to grow.

I agree they should try to push the limits on console hardware, but nothing wrong with pushing past those limits on more capable hardware.

nemiroff

Gold Member

It's not for "PC", it's for "extreme high end PC".. So I'm not sure why you expected it on consoles.

Zathalus

Don't blame MS or Sony, blame AMD and RDNA2.

Goalus

Will it be Lego?
That would be the first time I'd be disappointed by Playground.

I have lost faith in FH's expansions after they did Lego, and completely abandoned treasure island in FH4. I'm glad I did not buy the expansion pass for FH5, but I echo the hope for a remastered Colorado map as the next expansion.
A bit much for an expansion.

Last edited:

Vindicator

The "new" cars for next season are so disappointing, expecting some low-poly/effort Minecraft-themed expansion.

Fox Mulder

Hope it’s not just like another Lego or extreme weather island expansion. I’d prefer something like baja dirt racing or rally stuff. There’s no rally cross racing in the game and they can make time attack rally courses through the jungle or whatever.

93xfan

Banned
The "new" cars for next season are so disappointing, expecting some low-poly/effort Minecraft-themed expansion.
They already did a toy based one. Hoping we get some kind of city setting. Would love that personally.

Or maybe do a crossover with Ridge Racer and give us every track from the arcade and PS1 games mixed into some sort of “Forge World”.

Last edited:

RPS37

Desperately anticipating this.
Main game game was lit.
Hot wheels expansion got pretty stale quick.

Lasha

There are rumors saying it's Baja. But what if it's Horizon's map remade, with Baja added to those areas previously inaccessible?🤔

So like the entire southwest to baja then connected to horizon mexico by a bridge? You son of a bitch I'm in.

anthony2690

Banned
Thursday is going to be a good day.

New Forza Horizon expansion reveal, Suicide Squad gameplay & some new third party game reveals.

& Most importantly my carpet will be put down & I'll be able to carry on my journey on Hogwarts Legacy as my missus and her sister build all the new flat packs, as they enjoy that stuff for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom