• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 has now surpassed 14 million players while FH4 took nearly 9 months to reach 10 million players

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
As soon as Forza Horizon 5 launched, Microsoft said that 4.5 million players had played the title, and one million copies of the game had been sold on Steam even before release.
Ten days later, the latest opus of the open world racing game license reached 10 million players, all supports combined.

And now, according to Twitter user MauroNL, with a screenshot in support, more than 14 million players have now launched the game:

FHtmA_4WUAAp-0k

A very high number, the extent of which we can measure even better when we put it in front of Forza Horizon 4. Indeed and after verification, it turns out that the previous opus had needed nine months to reach the 10 million mark.

By JeuxVideo.com

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I think it's porbably some really simple things going for it. It looks pretty. Rewards are tossed out left and right. It's really easy to link up with friends. It harkens back to more arcadey, fun, and simple racing like older NFS games.

Sounds like it's more mediocre for people who buy every installment of Forza, but this is my first so it comes off as something new to me.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

I hope they start leaning more into the crazy shit. The best parts of FH5 are the crazy races and stories. Doing regular races just felt like a slog.

MOTM

Banned
So would this mean more or less 50% of GP subscribers have played the game?

Pretty crazy. That must be some record "attach rate" or something.

kingfey

Banned
So would this mean more or less 50% of GP subscribers have played the game?

Pretty crazy. That must be some record "attach rate" or something.
The funny thing, we are in 2 month time now. These numbers arent even 1 year time player record. Imagine what numbers would be, after 1 year.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not everyone who has played the game has game pass. Even if there’s 28M GP subs that’s not half the subs playing the game. Lots of pc and retail players too.
On top of that there are some of us with GamePass that still buys these games including myself who bought the Premium Edition
Terrible news. 14 million criminals taking food out of the developer's mouths.
nevermind GIF

MrFunSocks

Banned
It makes you something much, much worse. A gamer who takes advantage of a deal.
Jokes on Microsoft with all these people only paying $3 for 3 years! (+ $180 of Xbox Live Gold that they never mention is required for this "$3 for 3 years of game pass" deal, plus playing games and adding to the number of subscribers and metrics that MS can then use to get more and more devs and games on board, further strengthening game pass)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom