• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Next Gen performance targets revealed. RT only utilized in Forzavista

I'm sure it's a time limiting factor rather than the hardware.
i'd say you're right. at this people that laughed at your comment. but, just look at spider man and ratchet and clank. both had post launch performance ray tracing updates. we know it's plausible and i tend to agree with you.

Kangx

Demon souls was listed for releasing on PC. Didn't see you defend the prior speculation once it was cleared up later on. That's what I mean by inconsistency. There's a hard on to hate on Forza. You made your speculation, cool. But now you are constantly trying to put your made up speculation, as a fact, even going so far to doubling, and tripling down on it.

The devs have cleared up the resolution and framerate, so why the fuck are you still trying to downplay the game. Several of us are asking you this now. We're not the problem in this thread, YOU are.
Again, wtf demon souls list for pc has to do with technical discussion about this game. This demonstrate about how delusional you are.
Go find a quote of me defending demons souls or any games that being 4k 60 fps. This is what you should do when you are trying to find bias, but there is none, because I always put logical reasons and evidences to back up my claim.
I know well that most next gent games will not be 4k 60fps and I stand by that. Now quote me and stop projecting for something I have not done.

Last edited:

Kangx

Dude all the devs refer to dynamic 4K as 4K so all I can only go from what they say. So people are now supposed to know whether 4K devs said is 4K native or not when nobody played the game? What kinda stupidity is this? And you calling people delusional? Lol, nice projection. Stop embarrassing yourself, haven't you done that enough already?
You are the one who being embarrassed here. Any reasonable person would assume 4k is native 4k. Stop making this up. And, No, not any Def refer 4k as dynamic 4k. They will list dynamic 4k for many of the games have released, some won't that why we have digital foundry to test and find out. Man, call in the mod and let them decide then since you and I accusing each other of delusion.

But I wouldn't go around pushing this as a fact, when it's never been the case before, nor any reason to even think that.

There is a reason because of this

jRnaO1C.jpg

Oh yes, I remember you, you were the one that tried to downplay the game when you only watched that 30fps low quality stream from am unknown video source. Now it all makes sense.

Lol. It isn't downplay if i watched the stream and later dev confirmed game will have 4k30 mode. I have right to suspect showcase was at 30 fps. So, cut the crap. I've explaines numerous times that if uploaded trailers are at 60 fps and showcase was 60, good then.

Dude all the devs refer to dynamic 4K as 4K so all I can only go from what they say. So people are now supposed to know whether 4K devs said is 4K native or not when nobody played the game? What kinda stupidity is this? And you calling people delusional? Lol, nice projection. Stop embarrassing yourself, haven't you done that enough already?

Actually it is not the case. When someone says it is 4k, of course everyone will assume it is native 4k. That is why the adjectives like reconstructed 4k, dynamic 4, checkerboarded 4k if devs said it properly

Kangx

The 4K/30fps mode on XSX should be the full/Extreme settings from PC, maybe barring 8xMSAA. The 4K/60fps performance mode should be an optimized settings tweak equivalent to High settings. I would expect both to be native 4K.
See, any reasonal person or anyone when see 4k is native 4k. Glad I have a back up here lol.

Reindeer

You are the one who being embarrassed here. Any reasonable person would assume 4k is native 4k. Stop making this up. And, No, not any Def refer 4k as dynamic 4k. They will list dynamic 4k for many of the games have released, some won't that why we have digital foundry to test and find out. Man, call in the mod and let them decide then since you and I accusing each other of delusion.
Where did I say "native 4K"? You still haven't quoted me. Why you making up lies? Are you that desperate that you have to make up lies? Yes I agree, let's call the mods and let them decide who is lying here. Please, I dare you to call them and I will also bet you a permanent ban

Last edited:

Reindeer

Actually it is not the case. When someone says it is 4k, of course everyone will assume it is native 4k. That is why the adjectives like reconstructed 4k, dynamic 4, checkerboarded 4k if devs said it properly
I never said native 4K. Everyone in the industry refers to resolution as 4K before release, but after release we can say whether its native or not. Are you saying that we supposed to know resolution values before the game releases? Cause it would be stupid to claim such a thing. Therefore we can only say 4K because that's what the devs said.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Which is perfectly plausible. But I wouldn't go around pushing this as a fact, when it's never been the case before, nor any reason to even think that.

All I know is, this game can't come out fast enough. Been waiting on this for a while now.
I would ignore him, he's been trying to downplay the game since the trailer dropped. What's the point arguing with idiots who are going on for days pointing to blemishes of one of the best games we've ever seen.

Kangx

Where did I say "native 4K"? You still haven't quoted me. Why you making up lies? Are you that desperate that you have to make up lies? Yes I agree, let's call the mods and let them decide who is lying here. Please, I dare you to call them and I will also bet you a permanent ban
Oh God OK, but permanent ban on what? On my argument that this is going to be dynamic 4k or upscaled?

Last edited:

Reindeer

OK, but permanent ban on what? On my argument that this is going to be dynamic 4k?
You claimed that I said native 4K, but this is a lie. Your claim that it's dynamic 4K is an assumption that you're trying to paint as a fact. This is delusion of the highest order. Even if that's a case, how can you hold something against someone that's nobody seen and nobody played. How would such an argument hold in court? Do you even hear what you're saying? There's a very good chance you're right, but nothing is a fact until someone played the game.

You can call mods on these two points and let them decide, I will bet you a permanent ban on it.

Last edited:

Banned
forza has not had dynamic res in any game.

what Forza does is it scales other aspects ofthe graphics. for example, the MSAA quality scales dynamically up and down, the detail level of the cars change dynamically depending on load, the details in the real time reflections scale and other stuff like that.

what never scaled, and isn't even an option in any of the PC ports, is the render resolution. so there is one big reason to doubt that it will use dynamic resolution scaling.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Don't tell Hendrick's Hendrick's and select others. It's a "cheap marketing trick" and "unplayable." 🤭
It is. But please, continue to show how poor your taste and apparently perception are. I guess it comes with the territory for those who focus more on watching games instead of playing them.

Last edited:

Kangx

You claimed that I said native 4K, but this is a lie. Your claim that it's dynamic 4K is an assumption that you're trying to paint as a fact. This is delusion of the highest order. Even if that's a case, how can you hold something against someone that's nobody seen and nobody played. How would such an argument hold in court? Do you even hear what you're saying? There's a very good chance you're right, but nothing is a fact until someone played the game.

You can call mods on these two points and let them decide, I will bet you a permanent ban on it.
I have never claim that what you state here. OK, I'll call the Mod for permanent ban. How do tag a mod in here?

Reindeer

I have never claim that what you state here. OK, I'll call the Mod for permanent ban. How do tag a mod in here?
You accused me multiple times of saying that it's native 4K. You also claim to know for certain that it's dynamic 4K, something you have no way of proving. Permanent ban on this two points if you agree. You can tag the mods by name with @.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
why the hell are some of you even worried about the resolution and frame rate, you guys where perfectly fine with 1440/30fps games, and now anything below 4k60 doesn't cut it? Also you don't need to be worried bout frame rate and resolution on this game, this game is also on pc so 4K60 is a givin. And when did PG or Turn 10 not deliver on there target resolution or frame rate? they where the most consistent devs when it comes to res/frame rate in there games. Some of you guys are not worried about the game, you guys are worried that it looks better than the game on your plastic box.

Kangx

You accused me multiple times of saying that it's native 4K. You also claim to know for certain that it's dynamic 4K, something you have no way of proving. Permanent ban on this two points if you agree. You can tag the mods by name with @.
I did not accuse you of claiming what you say here.

As for the resolution, I first stated that the game either scale back on detail or resolution, but I suspected it is resolution. Fine we can have the claim for permanent ban, but for the resolution, there is no way of knowing until DF test it.

Let go with the accusing thing first and let the mod decide who is being reasonable here.

Can you come here and decide this?

Mod of War Mod of War

Reindeer

I did not accuse you of claiming what you say here.

As for the resolution, I first stated that the game either scale back on detail or resolution, but I suspected it is resolution. Fine we can have the claim for permanent ban, but for the resolution, there is no way of knowing until DF test it.

Let go with the accusing thing first and let the mod decide who is being reasonable here.

Can you come here and decide this?

Mod of War Mod of War
Here's your accusation that I said it's "native 4K:

d2Ngkzi.jpg

You also claimed that you know for certain Forza Horizon 5 is not native 4K60 but dynamic.

Mod of War Mod of War Please ban whoever is wrong on these two points. It's a permanent ban bet.

K Kangx says I said Forza Horizon 5 is "native 4K60" in this thread. He also claims that Forza Horizon 5 is dynamic 4K60 and not native, even though nobody has seen this mode in action. These are the points of dispute.

Last edited:
I assume the development team have a reasonable explanation as to why its not in the full game and all of which very few of us would be able to understand.

I've never found the reflections to be bad in horizon games so I'll be interested to see the difference in forza vista mode to compare.

Hopefully full ray tracing can be added to future titles like horizon but Im more than sure there will be some in the motorsport series.

Also ray tracing is a little bit low resolution on the bit I saw on gran turismo so if it were that low then I'm okay without.

Hopefully all car games can figure out a way to have ray tracing reflections done properly, same thing with global illumination and shadows etc.

Oh and this will have dolby atmos again but I'd like to hear ray tracing audio in a car game!
I personally dont find raytracing as a big inprovement in car games unless its well utilized cause lets be honest car games have always looked good since playstation 2 car games have always been beautiful the world detail in forza 5 and lighting already look fantastic no wonder its 4k 30. N I dont think raytracing could improve anything significantly than it looks now

Chukhopops

why the hell are some of you even worried about the resolution and frame rate, you guys where perfectly fine with 1440/30fps games, and now anything below 4k60 doesn't cut it? Also you don't need to be worried bout frame rate and resolution on this game, this game is also on pc so 4K60 is a givin. And when did PG or Turn 10 not deliver on there target resolution or frame rate? they where the most consistent devs when it comes to res/frame rate in there games. Some of you guys are not worried about the game, you guys are worried that it looks better than the game on your plastic box.
I think we all know the reason is that some people have issues dealing with stunning, even photorealistic graphics that don't come from a specific brand:

PVbzsKW.png

Kangx

Here's your accusation that I said it's "native 4K:

d2Ngkzi.jpg

You also claimed that you know for certain Forza Horizon 5 is not native 4K60 but dynamic.

Mod of War Mod of War Please ban whoever is wrong on these two points. It's a permanent ban bet.

K Kangx says I said Forza Horizon 5 is "native 4K60" in this thread. He also claims that Forza Horizon 5 is dynamic 4K60 and not native, even though nobody has seen this mode in action. These are the points of dispute.

Oh dear this is what I was referring to when I said 100 percent 4k
native. The above meant to quote this saying that 4k of course referring to native 4k, but the quote below saying you never said 4k native because you only said 4k. This is true because later on, you referring 4k is not 4k native but dynamic.

But who said it's 100% native 4K? Seems to me like you're making up an invisible enemy so you can justify your agenda. Who even cares if it's native 4K? The fact that you call Xbox fans delusional obviously shows you're Sony gamer who has no interest in this game except come here and try to spread your FUD. I'm sure you were gloating about GT7 though because it's on the plastic box that you so very much adore. How very very sad.

Oh, you don't have to tell the mod what to look for when we call he/she In here. They have the tool to look for it.

Okay since the mod is not settling this let just leave it at that.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Oh dear this is what I was referring to when I said 100 percent 4k
native.

Oh, you don't have to tell the mod what to look for when we call he/she In here. They have the tool to look for it.

Okay since the mod is not settling this let just leave it at that.
Stop trying to spin things, you clearly claimed that I'm moving goal posts about not having said that it's native 4K. Your whole tirade in this thread so far has been about baseless accusations and assumptions.

Last edited:

Kangx

Stop trying to spin things, you clearly claimed that I'm moving goal posts about not having said that it's native 4K. Your whole tirade in this thread so far has been about baseless accusations and assumptions, nothing else.
Read it again, where do you think I got the 4k 100 percent native come from? From you.
This is rich coming from you. Are you gonna keep saying that, if so I can keep up. Go on, keep posting this nonsense.

Reindeer

This is true because later on, you referring 4k is not 4k native but dynamic.
More lies. I never said it's dynamic, I simply referred to it as 4K becaut that's what the devs call it. As for it being native or dynamic we'll only know when game releases. I'm not delusional like you to pretend to know things that nobody has seen or played.

Last edited:
Everyone in the industry refers to resolution as 4K before release, but after release we can say whether its native or not. Are you saying that we supposed to know resolution values before the game releases? Cause it would be stupid to claim such a thing. Therefore we can only say 4K because that's what the devs said.
More lies. I never said it's dynamic, I simply referred to it as 4K becaut that's what the devs call it. As for it being native or dynamic we'll only know when game releases. I'm not delusional like you to pretend to know things that nobody has seen or played.

When someone mention just "4k", it's accepted as native 4k in the discussion. Like 1080p before too. LOL. I remember for example a month or two before release, Halo 5 was marketed as dynamic 1080p. And it was.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Read it again, where do you think I got the 4k 100 percent native come from? From you.
This is rich coming from you. Are you gonna keep saying that, if so I can keep up. Go on, keep posting this nonsense.
Yes, I said 100% because that's why native 4K is, 100 of the resolution scaling. Shouldn't be hard for couch expert like you to understand.

Kangx

Oh really? What is it here then. Who is lying now?
Caught you in 4k. You are saying this because you are agreeing with them. You are the one who spinning this. Oh look the dev said, I never said it. But you are posting this as a true statement clearly is it not? How do you interpret your statement below?

Dude all the devs refer to dynamic 4K as 4K so all I can only go from what they say. So people are now supposed to know whether 4K devs said is 4K native or not when nobody played the game? What kinda stupidity is this? And you calling people delusional? Lol, nice projection. For your information, I never once said "native 4K" so please stop spreading lies.

Reindeer

When somebody mention just "4k", it's accepted as native 4k in the discussion. Like 1080p before too. LOL. I remember for example a month or two before release, Halo 5 was marketed as dynamic 1080p. And it was.
False. When it comes to marketing and talking about game for which nobody knows actual resolution then it's simply referred to as 4K. You cannot claim that someone saying 4k for a game that hasn't released means native 4K, because that's something unknown. How can you say I mean native 4K when talking about Horizon that hasn't released yet? That can only be assumed if I'm taking about game that's released. You seriously don't need any brain cells to figure this out.

False. When it comes to marketing and talking about game for which nobody knows actual resolution then it's simply referred to as 4K. You cannot claim that someone saying 4k for a game that hasn't released means native 4K, because that's something unknown. How can you say I mean native 4K when talking about Horizon that hasn't released yet? That can only be assumed if I'm taking about game that's released. You seriously don't need any brain cells to figure this out.

It is not false.
If you now say 4k, people rightfully expect 3840x2160 pixels because it is what the industry sold you as 4k in the last couple of years, and if you don't have those pixels, it should be called 1800p for 3200x1800 instead and not "4k" (another reason to stick with p-terms or pixel dimensions instead of "4k") or simply "dynamic res up to number-here-p".

Reindeer

Oh really? What is it here then. Who is lying now?
Caught you in 4k. You are saying this because you are agreeing with them. You are the one who spinning this. Oh look the dev said, I never said it. But you are posting this as a true statement clearly is it not? How do you interpret your statement below?
Lol, why are you quoting a post from me where I say that nobody knows if 4K means dynamic or native? Lol, that actually refuted what you've been saying. I said devs refer to dynamic 4K as 4K, but that doesn't mean they don't do the same for native 4K, that's why I said there's no way of knowing that. You on the other hand claim it definitely means 4K dynamic, something that is yet to be proved. Lol.

Kangx

Lol, why are you quoting a post from me where I say that nobody knows if 4K means dynamic or native? Lol, that actually refuted what you've been saying. I said devs refer to dynamic 4K as 4K, but that doesn't mean they don't do the same for native 4K, that's why I said there's no way of knowing that. You on the other hand claim it definitely means 4K dynamic, something that is yet to be proved. Lol.
What? You are being nonsense here. What is this gibberish? You are saying dev refer 4k is 4k dynamic which is clearly false by the way. In stating so, you are support this statement because you are use this to support your argument.

Reindeer

It is not false.
If you now say 4k, people rightfully expect 3840x2160 pixels because it is what the industry sold you as 4k in the last couple of years, and if you don't have those pixels, it should be called 1800p for 3200x1800 instead and not "4k" (another reason to stick with p-terms or pixel dimensions instead of "4k") or simply "dynamic res up to number-here-p".
If anyone In tech minded thread like this one thinks you mean native 4K when referring to an unreleased game as 4K when that's what devs have said then that person shouldn't even be in such a thread. Everyone in this thread should know that you don't automatically mean native 4K when saying a game is 4K when that game hasn't been released and nobody has tested the resolution. This is common sense. If a person doesn't understand this then they should not argue about things like resolution.

Last edited:

Reindeer

What? You are being nonsense here. What is this gibberish? You are saying dev refer 4k is 4k dynamic which is clearly false by the way. In stating so, you are support this statement because you are use this to support your argument.
I said devs refer to dynamic 4K as 4K in marketing, is this true or not? They also do the same if resolution is native 4K. Stop pretending to be stupid.

Last edited:

Kangx

Oh so we go to marketing now. Fine, you won. You don't need to reply to this post. This is my last post from this thread.

Reindeer

Oh so we go to marketing now. Fine, you won. You don't need to reply to this post. This is my last post from this thread.
Yes it is marketing because the game hasn't been released. Resolution is always referred to as just 4K during marketing, that's where guys like DF come in at launch to find out what the actual resolution is and whether it's native. You don't even follow the conversation but are quick to argue.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Don't tell Hendrick's Hendrick's and select others. It's a "cheap marketing trick" and "unplayable." 🤭

Well, if you can flip between the two, 30fps is practically unplayable in a direct comparison. I will leisurely checkout the sites in 30fps mode and then switch to 60fps mode to play the game. I'm sure a good number of people will do the same. Everybody wins, graphics whores get their 30fps mode and those that prefer 60fps get performance mode.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, if you can flip between the two, 30fps is practically unplayable in a direct comparison. I will leisurely checkout the sites in 30fps mode and then switch to 60fps mode to play the game. I'm sure a good number of people will do the same. Everybody wins, graphics whores get their 30fps mode and those that prefer 60fps get performance mode.
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Too much energy wasted. Yes that 60fps gameplay shown has some minor jaggies suggesting DRS/Dynamic 4K, which is 100% fine. Pop in is also not good enough and some upscaling artifacts are there, but overall the game looks very nice in the 60fps mode. 30fps mode might have more draw distance so pop-in is less obvious, but for a racing game that 60fps looks good enough and should be the preferred option.

Too much energy wasted. Yes that 60fps gameplay shown has some minor jaggies suggesting DRS/Dynamic 4K, which is 100% fine. Pop in is also not good enough and some upscaling artifacts are there, but overall the game looks very nice in the 60fps mode. 30fps mode might have more draw distance so pop-in is less obvious, but for a racing game that 60fps looks good enough and should be the preferred option.
I just wanna play this shit on my PC. That's all. Everything maxed out, highest refresh rate possible, etc. Chivalry 2 and this game are my top faves this year.

Banned

why are the people arguing about it not just take the time and pixelcount the highest quality video they find, and find out if it scales? it's not hard to do and doesn't take as much time ad arguing about it all day xD

here is how to pixelcount fast and easy

Last edited:
Top Bottom