• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Next Gen performance targets revealed. RT only utilized in Forzavista

Emet_bp

Seriously, what do you not understand? Lol i do not pretend to be any “smart guy”. There is no such thing as “some scenes have RT in replay”. Sorry you do not know the difference. Look at other race games with reflective hood cam or track reflection. I can show you content from other race games showing cubemap/ssr reflection while driving include GT Sprt.

You just clearly ignore the fact that Horizon does not have RT other then Forzavista.
Think what you want .. I won't argue with someone who doesn't understand what hi is talking about. I also don't have time to take screenshots to prove you wrong. Just watch the launch trailer carefully again (mainly the first half) and if you see difference between RT and other techniques you will see I'm right. Otherwise live in peace in your conviction :)

They released 14 minutes of 4K 60 XSX gameplay. What are you talking about?

Don't get me wrong, this footage is gorgeous but it doesn't excite me at all. It's too expansive for me for lack of a better word. The amount of just desert stretches is boring IMO.

I still think Japan would be the perfect setting, and I'm not sure why they haven't done it yet. You have big stretches of highway, city streets, small towns, and the touge.

Still. I put 300 hours into FH4, and roughly the same into FH3 so I'm still excited.
Animated GIF
Listen, you can push this and the other side can deny it all you/they want but the fact is that nobody knows what Sony will do. Until Sony comes out and says that they will release all of their games on PC it's anybody's guess. A 4 year old game, two 3 year old games, and a 2019 game that wasn't received all that well aren't a guarantee.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Think what you want .. I won't argue with someone who doesn't understand what hi is talking about. I also don't have time to take screenshots to prove you wrong. Just watch the launch trailer carefully again (mainly the first half) and if you see difference between RT and other techniques you will see I'm right. Otherwise live in peace in your conviction :)

It’s confirmed not to have RT during gameplay at all. Like others have said (but you just constantly ignoring the fact). It’s SSR and cubemaps it’s nothing new. Look at GT Sport or Horizon 4 and you see road reflections.

Educate yourself first before spreading nonsense. You really have no clue what the difference is. You have no time because you’re already making a fool of yourself.

OHkvN9S.gif

This is DriveClub. Do you see environmental reflections on the car, like the car in front on the hood the surroundings, bridge etc. It looks stunning but it’s just SSR and cubemaps. Another game you can watch for yourself is the latest Dirt game. So by your knowledge, DriveClub should have RT reflections?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
It looks lovely and all but I just can't get excited for this. I think I burnt myself out last generation when I played all of the FH games when FH3 released:

FH3 (2nd Favorite) -> FH (Favorite) -> FH2/FH:F&F (least favorite) -> FH4 (least played)

I did all of the single player content in every game except FH4. I know it is weird to complain about the amount of content but it felt like every time you completed an event in FH4, another half dozen were added to the map (plus the seasonal stuff). At this point the lack of progression hurts the series, the spectacle of the showcases has worn off and the formula just feels really stale.

93xfan

Banned
The only thing that was TRUE 60fps was the initial reveal, which was probably running on high-end PC.
In the 60FPS reveal, the draw distance was pulled back. More shadow pop in in the forest, for example, so I’m thinking it may in fact be XSX gameplay.

I’d imagine there will also need a resolution difference (due to dynamic 4K resolution).

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It looks lovely and all but I just can't get excited for this. I think I burnt myself out last generation when I played all of the FH games when FH3 released:

FH3 (2nd Favorite) -> FH (Favorite) -> FH2/FH:F&F (least favorite) -> FH4 (least played)

I did all of the single player content in every game except FH4. I know it is weird to complain about the amount of content but it felt like every time you completed an event in FH4, another half dozen were added to the map (plus the seasonal stuff). At this point the lack of progression hurts the series, the spectacle of the showcases has worn off and the formula just feels really stale.
The Horizon series has just never clicked with me for that reason. I dont really care for progression, but whats there is so barebones im like why bother.

As an arcade racer, it needs to do more to create some memorable tracks and races. I played FH4 the most and cant remember a single memorable race.

bender

What time is it?
The Horizon series has just never clicked with me for that reason. I dont really care for progression, but whats there is so barebones im like why bother.

As an arcade racer, it needs to do more to create some memorable tracks and races. I played FH4 the most and cant remember a single memorable race.

I've never been one for open world racers (Midnight Club, Burnout Paradise), but I think the novelty of the approach carried me with FH, not to mention the first two games I played had the best location/map. I still love the idea Barn Hunts, Bucket List challenges and the Showcase Events (though they kind of ran out of ideas on those fairly quickly). The series has always had a weird toe dipped in both simulation (vehicle tuning) and arcade. As far as FH4, I think the map is unremarkable.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It’s confirmed not to have RT during gameplay at all. Like others have said (but you just constantly ignoring the fact). It’s SSR and cubemaps it’s nothing new. Look at GT Sport or Horizon 4 and you see road reflections.

Educate yourself first before spreading nonsense. You really have no clue what the difference is. You have no time because you’re already making a fool of yourself.

OHkvN9S.gif

This is DriveClub. Do you see environmental reflections on the car, like the car in front on the hood the surroundings, bridge etc. It looks stunning but it’s just SSR and cubemaps. Another game you can watch for yourself is the latest Dirt game. So by your knowledge, DriveClub should have RT reflections?
Man, Driveclub weather racing was so gorgeous and intense.

TBiddy

I'm not going to trust images being cherrypicked by you. Sorry. Especially with no source, outside a random Youtube video with no timestamps.

It's like posting that screenshot from GT7 and using that as proof of how GT looks.

Edit: Aaaand I just checked the post history. Kinda says it all.

Edit 2: And the image is from Twitter... jesus christ. Probably JayDub or some other idiot trolling there.

You forgot to post this image MrLove MrLove - worst looking game of all time, am i right?

E_43I9uVIAQr2wX

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This game biggest weakness in graphics is easily shadows. Doesnt look like there is any GI going on either. Devs clamoring over RT reflections but RT lighting and shadows are the biggest need IMO.

Last edited:

sinnergy

This game biggest weakness in graphics is easily shadows. Doesnt look like hter eis any GI going on either. Devs clamoring over RT reflections but RT lighting and shadows are biggest need IMO.
Yup. GI via ray tracing , you get better shadows and lighting .

nemiroff

Gold Member
The amount of just desert stretches is boring IMO.

I don't think Forza as an open world do what you want type of game is going to forze you to go there much. So why not just disregard the "desert" area from the video marked red and concentrate on the majority of the map elsewhere marked green:

zn6K5HZ.png

:messenger_winking:

Edit: Oh wow, I just clicked "show ignored content" and my whole screen is filled with black bars now.. Someone's obviously upset over this game, lol

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Didn't The developers say that the 60fps and 30fps are both 4k? If so they must have rolled back some settings on the 60fps mode to make it work.
Do we know which screens are from which mode?

elliot5

June was at 60 fps I'm pretty sure it wasn't on XSX that demo and on a PC. Everything after that has been on XSX though, albeit 30 fps in graphics mode.

Regardless it's gonna be a great looking game

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Lol at the picture above, the first one is literally gameplay while the other one is a fly over or drone mode in the dev build from a different area (they even said that there where still bugs and it was not the final version what they showed on stream). And they said that everything they showed till now was running on Xbox Series X if not stated otherwise so the PC version gonna look even better. Also keep searching more on some sonyfanboy twitter accounts about this game, maybe you will find some more of that trash. Literally the same mentality as MisterXmedia but for the other plastic box, how sad.

Larlight

Im looking at the new footage and Idk it does kind of look like there was some things scaled back from the previous build. Was it on a high end PC before?

Top Bottom