• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Anyways, just 3 more nights to sleep

Not likely...

2eoPbeV.jpg

Kilau

Not the cleanest image, but I honestly thought the game would be locked to 30 fps on base xb1, and possibly 60 fps on xb1x. This is great for all of those who don't have a xsx, xss, or PC.

I just wish I could hibernate until the game releases. Been feeling like this for months. Imma probably call out sick on Friday. I can't take it any longer.
Graphics wise it looked fine but the frame rate was all over the place.

It's actually 30 fps, but the video itself is encoded in 60.

Here's all you need to know about framerate and resolution of each version ;)

FDMJ4oGXIA0SvyS

Series S is supposedly getting a resolution bump to 1440p30 in Quality Mode.
Wait, is it really? Never really paid attention. It's this official? If so, that kinda sucks, but definitely expected for those.

Wait, is it really? Never really paid attention. It's this official? If so, that kinda sucks, but definitely expected for those.

Yeah. I don't even think that any Forza Horizon ran at more than 30 fps on Xbox One.

It is only Series consoles that have 60 fps mode.

Besides you can kinda see that it is not 60, even though the video is. Compare that to the real 60 fps footage. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't even think that any Forza Horizon ran at more than 30 fps on Xbox One.

Besides you can kinda see that it is not 60, even though the video is. Compare that to the real 60 fps footage. ;)
Yeah i wasn't paying attention, plus the uploader said it was 60. I'm used to 144 on fh4, so even 60fps looks like low framerate to me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here is everything to know about Forza Horizon 5 before the game launches on Nov 9th for all Xbox systems and PC.

Car fans rejoice, as one of game’s best racing franchises is back with Forza Horizon 5. The Horizon series is known for its more arcade-y take on the Forza formula, with gorgeous open worlds to explore and a seemingly endless amount to do. 5 looks to be no different and is a perfect time for new players to jump in thanks to its day one availability on Xbox game pass.

Forza Horizon 4 has a 1080p/60fps performance mode on the X1X but outside that no Horizon game has been 60fps until the Series consoles launched.

EDIT: Obviously the PC versions have all run at whatever framerate your setup could handle

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
If you have GP, the Premium Add-on Bundle gets you early access for $45usd.

Or if you're not a GP member you can buy the FH5 Premium Edition for $100usd
The Premium Edition includes early access, allowing you to play the game four days early beginning November 5, 2021. Also included are the Welcome Pack, Car Pass, VIP Membership and two game expansions when they become available.

Expansion 1: This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Expansion 2: This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Car Pass: Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started. All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

VIP Membership: Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership features exclusive rewards that give your game a boost and make you stand out at the Horizon Festival. VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote and Car Horn, gift Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately and is included with Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Welcome Pack: Kick-start your Ultimate Horizon Adventure with the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack! Included are 5 special pre-tuned cars, a Player House and a one-time grant to own any car available from the game’s Autoshow. Also included are 3 one-time grants for any Common or Rare clothing item. The Welcome Pack is included with the Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

nikos

Nice OT! Best title I've seen in a while.

Can't wait! Only two more nights. Hope the wheel support is actually good but I'm going to play the hell out of this either way.

If you have GP, the Premium Add-on Bundle gets you early access for $45usd.

Or if you're not a GP member you can buy the FH5 Premium Edition for $100usd

Expansion 1: This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Expansion 2: This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Car Pass: Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started. All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

VIP Membership: Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership features exclusive rewards that give your game a boost and make you stand out at the Horizon Festival. VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote and Car Horn, gift Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately and is included with Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Welcome Pack: Kick-start your Ultimate Horizon Adventure with the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack! Included are 5 special pre-tuned cars, a Player House and a one-time grant to own any car available from the game’s Autoshow. Also included are 3 one-time grants for any Common or Rare clothing item. The Welcome Pack is included with the Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Good info, I've incorporated it into the OP (y)

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'll have about 6 days to try it out before my GP sub expires.
I posted this in Xbox OT, but it might be useful here too. 12-month Gold for $49.99 to use for the conversion deal once your sub expires. This deal expires in about 21hrs(Nov. 3rd 11:59pm PST).

I just recently used the conversion deal for my son’s GP Ultimate sub. I turned off auto-pay, cancelled the sub(it’s still good through the end date), and let a couple days go by. I don’t actually know how long, or if you have to wait once it’s expired. Then I added the 12-month Gold, then bought a month of GP Ultimate. It does the conversion deal and gives you 13 months of Ultimate. This time it didn’t allow the $1 deal, but in the past it did and also gave an additional month for turning on auto-pay, which you can turn off. In that case it ends up $51 for 14 months of Ultimate at best, or $65 for 13 months at the very worst. Also, Black Friday usually has $20 3-month GP Ultimate cards.

Last edited:
Wish I could join you lot on Friday but having to pay silly money on a flat reservation this week and that will leave me broke all month.

Gonna have to wait on gamepass like a normie pleb.

Alpha Male

So Glad I saw the "Premium Add Ons Bundle" for Game Pass members mentioned here because I had no idea about it. (I'm assuming they will do the same for Halo)

Can't wait to start playing early in 2 days!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
101GB preload/install on W11.

And why the hell can't I make a shortcut? I have to Google some basic things here. I can pin it to taskbar or start but that's it.

hollams

Gold Member
Just glad the game has you driving on the right side of the road this time. The past two games made it less enjoyable somehow.

Top Bottom