• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Can't wait. I would be extremely excited for just more FH4 content to be honest, so FH5 hype levels are off the charts. I've not watched any trailers beyond the E3 launch, or read any details, but I do have the game through Gamepass and premium add on thing installed and ready to go.

What a beautiful OT.

I'm ready!

Hype Train GIF by Leroy Patterson

Termite

This is one of the two games I bought an XSX for. (This and flight sim). Pre-ordered the premium bundle for gamepass users as the past two games have had exceptional DLC and I'm confident they'll deliver again. Therefore I might as well buy now for the early access.

My only issue is I hate being gifted all these cars at the start - takes away the sense of progression. If there was one problem I hate with the otherwise totally brilliant FH4, it was that the game was constantly rewarding you with so much stuff that none of it actually meant anything. Clearing your backlog of wheelspins became a chore rather than a reward, which is bizarre. I wonder if they'll try to tackle that this time around. I'd love some sense of single player progression.

It also took me years to get into FH multiplayer - never tried it in FH3 and only did towards the end of FH4. Because frankly the UI is confusing as shit and there appear to be endless modes to try, none of which are obvious as to what they mean. Are the multiplayer modes here like FH4? I read the OP thing about an exploration mode but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Shame that the radio stations are pretty much the same - FH3 was miles better with (iirc) an extra station and Epitaph instead of XS. When you put in 100 hours into a game, every extra song makes a difference.

Also, for me the Hot Wheels DLC is the high point of the series so far. Let's see if this tops that.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
Hell yeah, going to be a great weekend

Or not. Thought I read Game Pass version permits playing this weekend but guess I'm waiting until the 9th.

Last edited:
My only issue is I hate being gifted all these cars at the start - takes away the sense of progression. If there was one problem I hate with the otherwise totally brilliant FH4, it was that the game was constantly rewarding you with so much stuff that none of it actually meant anything. Clearing your backlog of wheelspins became a chore rather than a reward, which is bizarre. I wonder if they'll try to tackle that this time around. I'd love some sense of single player progression.

This is a very valid criticism of the series and I fully agree. The literal pile of cars handed to you at the start of the games borders on excessive but if they only give you a VW Beetle a different group of people will complain.. You can thank the people who have pissed and moaned over the years about having to start in a shitbox for the current state. The problem is there are a ton of people who demand everything be available from the start and can't be asked to put in even the minimum effort to get it.

The best thing you can do is play it your own way. Just like you can deactivate assists, you can opt to not use the cars you don't want. I played Horizon 2, 3 and 4 this way. In 4 despite having the Senna in my garage at launch I only used a typical euro car, the MK1 GTI (I realize they're not exactly common anymore but I had a MK1 Jetta), for the first portion of the game and slowly moved up from there to an Alfa Romeo 155. I did the same in Horizon 3, opting to use the Subaru BRAT for the first part of the game, upgrading to an old Falcon, and so on keeping to the Australian vehicle theme. In Horizon 2 I stuck to French makers like Citroen, Peugeot and Renault. The first Horizon was more structured, starting you in the Corrado which I kept as it was supposed to be my first car before I settled on something more practical. I still farted around with the other cars in my garage but I played the actual games and races straight. No race tires, no unlikely swaps, etc. It made the games much more fun to play through.

In Horizon 5 I plan on making a Mexican Taxi out of a Beetle and running with that for the first part of the game then upgrading to another typical Mexican car.

It also took me years to get into FH multiplayer - never tried it in FH3 and only did towards the end of FH4. Because frankly the UI is confusing as shit and there appear to be endless modes to try, none of which are obvious as to what they mean. Are the multiplayer modes here like FH4? I read the OP thing about an exploration mode but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Now this is where I'm a bit unsure as I've been trying not to become too spoiled on the new game. Hopefully someone has a better answer for you than I provided in the OP.

The best thing you can do if you're not sure what an option does though is try it out. If you see a mode and you aren't sure what it's purpose is, click on it and you'll find out real quick. There's no button in the menu that will erase your game or dump your progress so click away.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Unfortunately I'm a Mexican't-play at 60fps because I don't have Series X and my PC is so old it barely played FH4 at 30fps on base Xbox One settings. Cloud maybe? But video artifacting/compression suck for fast-paced games. (Forza Horizon 4 xCloud game some serious laughs)

Riky

$MSFT
Anyone else with the Premium Add On Bundle confirm what it actually downloads, just gives me the two expansions so far, I thought it gave you more?

Anyone else with the Premium Add On Bundle confirm what it actually downloads, just gives me the two expansions so far, I thought it gave you more?

The other items will download wether you bought them or not, you just won't be able to access that info. The cars still need to be in your files so you can see other players when they're using those cars for instance.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Unfortunately I'm a Mexican't-play at 60fps because I don't have Series X and my PC is so old it barely played FH4 at 30fps on base Xbox One settings. Cloud maybe? But video artifacting/compression suck for fast-paced games. (Forza Horizon 4 xCloud game some serious laughs)
Xcloud have been improved a lot since it's beta time. It's now on XSX blades.

i want to get this game soo bad on my Pc but i don't think my Pc will do a good job ,
I5 7400,8gb ram , RX 550 2gb
what do you guys think?
i want to upgrade the video card but the prices are full retard

Riky

$MSFT
I was just re-reading your question. Just to be certain. if you bought this:

Forza Horizon 5 Expansions Bundle | Xbox

You only get the two expansions with it, not the Car Pass VIP or Welcome pack.

To get the car pass, welcome pack and VIP content you wanted the following expansion:

Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle | Xbox

I've purchased the right one, when you go to installation it says the game and the two add-on packs which are 10mb each. See what happens Friday 👍

SZips

Oh man, I totally forgot that this game had an early access release date! I was thinking that the release was still six days out, but now I'm realizing that I can play this weekend! Woo!

i want to get this game soo bad on my Pc but i don't think my Pc will do a good job ,
I5 7400,8gb ram , RX 550 2gb
what do you guys think?
i want to upgrade the video card but the prices are full retard

I don't think it will handle it. I honestly think you'd be able to run it better on a standard Xbone. Your GPU lacks both enough Vram and power to meet the game's min specs requirement.

CPU-wise you'll be fine for 60+fps with an appropriate card. GPU-wise though you're well below the minimum spec card the game needs to run and would likely be down into low double-digits trying to run it if it even can. The RX 470 is way more powerful than the RX 550 (I have no idea how RX470 > RX550. AMD branding is confusing as hell) so you would likely run into issues especially with only 2GB of Vram.

Last edited:
I don't think it will handle it. I honestly think you'd be able to run it better on a standard Xbone. Your GPU lacks both enough Vram and power to meet the game's min specs requirement.

CPU-wise you'll be fine for 60+fps with an appropriate card. GPU-wise though you're well below the minimum spec card the game needs to run and would likely be down into low double-digits trying to run it if it even can. The RX 470 is way more powerful than the RX 550 (I have no idea how RX470 > RX550. AMD branding is confusing as hell) so you would likely run into issues especially with only 2GB of Vram.
thanks , yeah i'm looking into upgrade the Graphic card , so you recommend the RX470 ? freaking prices on amazon are nuts ....
i'm not sure where to look to buy one..

Certinty

All I ask for is this to be like the other odd numbered titles because those two were far and beyond 2 and 4.

So far from what I’ve seen the map looks influenced from 3’s Australia with far more variety than 4’s UK.

Though I’m still concerned about the progression system and I see cosmetics still exist on the same wheelspins as cars which is such bullshit. 4’s progression was basically something of a F2P game (and I have no doubt it was done because of the game being on Game Pass), I really hope this isn’t the case here. It’s a shame 1’s progression system was so good and since then it’s been nowhere near that level (though 3’s was ok).

Kagey K

Banned
All I ask for is this to be like the other odd numbered titles because those two were far and beyond 2 and 4.

So far from what I’ve seen the map looks influenced from 3’s Australia with far more variety than 4’s UK.

Though I’m still concerned about the progression system and I see cosmetics still exist on the same wheelspins as cars which is such bullshit. 4’s progression was basically something of a F2P game (and I have no doubt it was done because of the game being on Game Pass), I really hope this isn’t the case here. It’s a shame 1’s progression system was so good and since then it’s been nowhere near that level (though 3’s was ok).
I just get overwhelmed at how quickly you unlock new events and before you know it there's skittles everywhere on the map. Hopefully they toned that down a bit. It can feel daunting when you see so many events to complete.

AphexTwunt

I've purchased the right one, when you go to installation it says the game and the two add-on packs which are 10mb each. See what happens Friday 👍

Same, I've bought the premium add-on bundle but only have the 2 expansions listed under the game install.

BigLee74

Eh?

4s progression was the same as 3, was the same as 2. Don’t pick on 4 because of that. A blander map I can give you…

thanks , yeah i'm looking into upgrade the Graphic card , so you recommend the RX470 ? freaking prices on amazon are nuts ....
i'm not sure where to look to buy one..

No I don't recommend the RX470, it's just what is listed as the min-spec card which is why I mentioned it. The GPU market has gone bananas. It would be cheaper and easier to find a Series S and you'd end up with better performance than the min-spec PC version of the game.

GKJwC2e.jpg

You're probably not going to like it. The game will be even more accessible than Horizon 4 from what I've seen so far and the series' popularity has grown as a result of casual players being able to jump in to multiplayer events right out of the gate.

Your best option is to limit yourself in the game, see post #110. I've played Horizon 2-4 this way and will do the same for 5. It makes the game much more enjoyable and challenging without taking the option away for more casual players to just jump in a hypercar with all the assists on for the first race.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://gamerant.com/forza-horizon-...tribution&utm_source=GR-TW&utm_campaign=GR-TW

Veteran fans will be able to gain access to the cover cars for past Forza titles, including Forza Horizon's 2013 Dodge Viper SRT GTS, Forza Motorsport 5's 2013 McLaren P1, Forza Horizon 2's 2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4, Forza Motorsport 6's 2017 Ford GT, Forza Horizon 3's 2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4, Forza Motorsport 7's 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, and Forza Horizon 4's 2018 McLaren Senna. Apparently, the corresponding car for each game a player has played will be automatically added to their Forza Horizon 5 Garage after they complete the initial drive.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I'm in New Zealand and I wish I could get the game but I just dumped a couple thousand on lowering springs and wheels for my car.

WIll have to wait for this game on GamePass like the other plebs.
I know the horror of waiting few more days, so I caved in and buy the pack. Not because it has extra shit, but because I can play early.

I feel like sucker.

...might as well now buy the 2TB SSD card for Xbox, which cost more than the whole XSX in here....

Oh shit, the 1TB is on sale, 150 EU... HMM™

Last edited:

Danknugz

can anyone confirm if xbox one x has 60fps 1080p mode? the person i gifted an XSX last year gave me their old xbox one x.

I know the horror of waiting few more days, so I caved in and buy the pack. Not because it has extra shit, but because I can play early.

I feel like sucker.

...might as well now buy the 2TB SSD card for Xbox, which cost more than the whole XSX in here....
Noice. Hope you enjoy it mate.

I'll check after I log off work today If this is available to play on PC. I might just cave and get the fucking premium edition. Game looks so good. The last Forza I enjoyed was Forza Horizon 3.

Looking forward to you guys posting screenshots.

Pakoe

Gold Member
I've got 2 months of gamepass for 2 euros, but thinking about just buying it so I can keep playing it down the line like I did with FH4.
I'm guessing my saves stay when I move from GP to the normal game?
Without researching is it bugged in game or is that thing actually that quiet?

We have an all electric Mach E and it makes a little more noise then that
Saw this in the comments:
The Car Sounds from the electronic cars were missing in the preview build.

Last edited:

Danknugz

also, back with FH4 i remember there being some game breaking thing in multiplayer where they would force all ranked matches to be mixed in with free roam races or something which basically ruined any competitive aspect because one race would be actually skill based and then the very next match you have to take the same track car and like drive it through forests and mountains and know all the shortcuts or else you would lose.

the game is great but then they have these kinds of things mixed in which i know aren't an oversight but someone's idea of leveling the playing field a d preventing people with real skill from dominating races. it's a very slippery slope for devs to go down imo.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
No I don't recommend the RX470, it's just what is listed as the min-spec card which is why I mentioned it. The GPU market has gone bananas. It would be cheaper and easier to find a Series S and you'd end up with better performance than the min-spec PC version of the game.

GKJwC2e.jpg
RX 470 is a pretty good match for Series S. GPU prices are brutal right now. One of my luckiest moves was using my Trump Bucks in mid 2020 to build each of my 3 kids a gaming PC built around RX 470 4GB mining cards that were being dumped when the DAG went over the 4GB mark and crypto was slumping. Picked up a Sapphire Nitro RX 470 for $60. $60 fucking bucks! Got a pair of MSI Armor RX 470s for $185. I've been mining ETC during downtime, so all of it was free. Shit goes for over $200 right now.

Component prices are evil right now. I agree that a Series S would be a better way to go. Consoles are steal compared to PC at the moment.

Last edited:
No reviews yet? Also, it's 2021 and most people buy digital - why can't we have a global release? Fucking retail is such a drag on the industry in so many ways. I'm not going to change my region. I'm working all day tomorrow anyway (and all weekend actually) so won't have much time to take advantage of the early access, but looking forward to reading some impressions tomorrow!

Top Bottom