• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
othp47twdiz71.jpg

I finished the Taxi livery for the rally beetle. It's a little late but now I can start my run as a red taxi driver in Mexico. Curiously as soon as I finished this livery I tried to find a taxi traffic car to take a shot with and in an hour of driving around doing events with it I haven't seen a single Beetle taxi in the game... :messenger_confused:

I have this thing set up so it can drive well pretty much anywhere

1q27uzU.jpg

tFbKvrA.jpg

c6eiL43.jpg

gqUdlvV.jpg

uqcYBnE.jpg

I'm overwhelmed by the number of things on my map right now. I don't know what to do first.

I just drive until I come up on another event. With so many it usually only takes seconds. Then if I don't have a car appropriate for the evet it gives me something to buy and build for the race.

Last edited:

Pakoe

I finished the Taxi livery for the rally beetle. It's a little late but now I can start my run as a red taxi driver in Mexico. Curiously as soon as I finished this livery I tried to find a taxi traffic car to take a shot with and in an hour of driving around doing events with it I haven't seen a single Beetle taxi in the game... :messenger_confused:

I have this thing set up so it can drive well pretty much anywhere
gqUdlvV.jpg

I just drive until I come up on another event. With so many it usually only takes seconds. Then if I don't have a car appropriate for the evet it gives me something to buy and build for the race.
That's a dedicated taxi driver

Rex_DX

Gold Member
How active is Forza GAF? I'll be trying to join it tonight.

Also, does anyone have a good solution for getting the game to display on a non primary monitor on PC? Asked once but got buried.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Is hoarding upgrade points a good idea early on? I've been doing this so I'll have a bunch in the bank when I unlock better cars I'll be driving for the whole game.

Kssio_Aug

The game is awesome! I was able to play it for a while last night and today and played at my parents house with Xcloud, fantastic experience!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Is hoarding upgrade points a good idea early on? I've been doing this so I'll have a bunch in the bank when I unlock better cars I'll be driving for the whole game.
Just use them, you're missing out on tons of wheelspins/super wheelspins by hoarding them; if you don't want to use them all on one car, just use enough to get at at least the wheelspins and move on to the next.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
How active is Forza GAF? I'll be trying to join it tonight.

Also, does anyone have a good solution for getting the game to display on a non primary monitor on PC? Asked once but got buried.
We are Top 1% according to the stats, ranked 204 out of 89,428. Looking at lower ranking clubs that probably more like 204 out of 50,000 due to single-person clubs that just want a tag. Also, the top 8 clubs appear to be hacking or exploiting. To answer your question, yes, Forza GAF is active, but I've never taken part in any group events. I think people are just grinding away on their own.
ForzaGAF.jpg

---
I have multi-monitor setup and the game launches into whatever monitor you have set as 'Main Display' in Display Settings. I haven't had any issues, so I've never researched a solution.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
We are Top 1% according to the stats, ranked 204 out of 89,428. Looking at lower ranking clubs that probably more like 204 out of 50,000 due to single-person clubs that just want a tag. Also, the top 8 clubs appear to be hacking or exploiting. To answer your question, yes, Forza GAF is active, but I've never taken part in any group events. I think people are just grinding away on their own.
ForzaGAF.jpg

---
I have multi-monitor setup and the game launches into whatever monitor you have set as 'Main Display' in Display Settings. I haven't had any issues, so I've never researched a solution.

Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate it.

A lot of modern games have the option to select which monitor they output to. Makes deciding between monitor or tv easier - and this is definitely a couch game for me. There's workarounds though but thanks for taking the time.

Joining Forza GAF after work for sure.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate it.

A lot of modern games have the option to select which monitor they output to. Makes deciding between monitor or tv easier - and this is definitely a couch game for me. There's workarounds though but thanks for taking the time.

Joining Forza GAF after work for sure.
I should be around this evening to invite just search Forza GAF and send a request this goes for anyone btw

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Was about to straight-up buy this today then I realized having GamePass ultimate doesn’t give you a discount on purchasing any versions of the game. WTF? I thought any games on GamePass were automatically %10 off, just as a result of being on GamePass. When did this cease to be the case?

Was about to straight-up buy this today then I realized having GamePass ultimate doesn’t give you a discount on purchasing any versions of the game. WTF? I thought any games on GamePass were automatically %10 off, just as a result of being on GamePass. When did this cease to be the case?
Why are you paying for GamePass if you're just going to buy the games anyway? That sweet 10% discount?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Strange, I never saw it before... However you can buy Premium Edition add-on for 45 bucks with GamePass, so it's probably their reasoning.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Strange, I never saw it before... However you can buy Premium Edition add-on for 45 bucks with GamePass, so it's probably their reasoning.
My recollection is that previously, all games on GamePass were also available to purchase for %10 off, similar to how EA play functions. They must have stopped doing this universally and just chosen to apply it on a “per game” basis per GamePass “sales”. Or I could be remembering incorrectly, but I’m pretty sure that was the case.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
My recollection is that previously, all games on GamePass were also available to purchase for %10 off, similar to how EA play functions. They must have stopped doing this universally and just chosen to apply it on a “per game” basis per GamePass “sales”. Or I could be remembering incorrectly, but I’m pretty sure that was the case.
You are absolutely right, but I think that in this case, you have just the add-on package at discount, not the game itself. By the looks of it.

Maybe FH4 was like that too? I don't recall, but there were also this package for 4th...

elliot5

It is tho?
Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle | Xbox
Psychonauts 2 | Xbox

You can see they are 10% off. If for whatever reason the base FH game isn't on sale it definitely will be soon enough.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
ForzaGAF.jpg

---
I’ll try to join.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yeah, that's some weird shit. Usually the newer XGS games are 10% off and the older games are 20% off. I just chatted with MS support and the agent seemed to indicate that it's not an error. Disappointing.

cormack12

Gold Member
What the hell is wrong with the weekly challenge? The danger sign and drifting in road racing events aren't going up at all.

Check the cars you are using. Drifts are normal drifts, NOT edrifts. Distance is longer for the seasonal, look at the event icon on the right.

kirby007

This is just copy/paste : You get a 20% discount on any game currently on Game Pass, with the only exception being games that release directly to Game Pass, in which case they have no discount initially, and then it's phased in over a few months (IIRC it's 10% after 30 days, then the full 20% after 90), which is a measure put in place to prevent people using Game Pass trial codes (or just signing up for a single month) just to get a discount on a brand new game.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Check the cars you are using. Drifts are normal drifts, NOT edrifts. Distance is longer for the seasonal, look at the event icon on the right.
What?
Not talking about seasonal challenges, there's only one weekly challenge and it requires the nissan GT-R, the owning it and distance driven have completed fine, but the danger signs and drift ones haven't, and yes I know the difference between e-drifts and regular drifts.

Not knocking you PC players, but all the issues you have is mainly why I prefer consoles. I'm not trying to go crazy figuring out what setting or file I need to look for to make something work. More power to you. I'll wait for the next console to get your graphical fidelity now lol.

cormack12

Gold Member
What?
Not talking about seasonal challenges, there's only one weekly challenge and it requires the nissan GT-R, the owning it and distance driven have completed fine, but the danger signs and drift ones haven't, and yes I know the difference between e-drifts and regular drifts.

Isn't the gt-r part of the seasonal playlist as well? I'm trying to remember it to be honest. You cant unlock the drifts though until you've done the prior challenge. Are your stars going up at all when doing danger jumps because you should be able to do six 1 star jumps for it.

Been trying to play with my daughter in a convoy (on the same internet connection, her on her Series S, me on my X) and we're both disappearing. Is this a known issue right now with convoys? Really frustrating. We can do a couple head-2-heads, but then either she or I disappear. The convoy is still intact, just can't see each other.

PhaseJump

Banned
Installing on PC.

Playing on One X a few times so far, loading times are shit but to be expected. What I didn't expect was the map to retain board icons after I destroy them, or for half of the boards themselves to be invisible until I run into them. Game is clearly buggy. Feels good to play like FH2, but the bonus board shit being totally invisible is almost game breaking.

Last edited:

yamaci17

Not knocking you PC players, but all the issues you have is mainly why I prefer consoles. I'm not trying to go crazy figuring out what setting or file I need to look for to make something work. More power to you. I'll wait for the next console to get your graphical fidelity now lol.
1- there's not a huge disparity between pc's extreme settings and console's high-ultra settings (and yes, even in performance mode, series s/x mostly runs with minimum high settings and mostly ultra), so no big visual difference there, you can check Alex's review on DF

2- i've only encountered one issue and fixing it took 2 (literally 2 minutes). just the fact of me playing with game pass on PC means that i've no file to tweak to begin with. the game set me to ultra automatically, and clearly there were texture loading issues, so i just put texture quality to extreme (the 2 minutes part, researching. you can quickly learn that ultra texture settings is basically bugged and high looks better than ultra), and continued playing without any issues or whatsoever. and you may find it funny, but i just put Alex's xbox settings as soon as I saw them XD just free performance boost for minimal visual loss that I cannot perceive (i played with extreme focused settings for 10 hrs, then switched to his settings. no huge visual disperancies)

this whole "pc is a hassle" discussion is a bit hyperbole. but maybe I'm lucky, who knows. its been 2 years and I've never encountered a single issue with Xbox app for some weird reason. maybe i took good care of my system or something like that, i have no idea

so far i've experienced no crash, but just random disconnections that most people seem to experience. outside of that, it has been a smooth sailing for me

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Most people aren’t having issues. Furthermore, enjoy blurry/laggy 30fps or severe pop-in 60fps. That’s the price you pay for not having a choice. I was playing ‘Peformance’ on XSX and whole trees were popping in.

Most of the issues here seem to involve wheels or multi-monitor setups.

cormack12

Gold Member
I did two I hadn't done before, got 6 new stars and the challenge didn't do jack shit.
That's weird. But the uodate did bork the crowd pleaser as well. Maybe try tomorrow.

Been trying to play with my daughter in a convoy (on the same internet connection, her on her Series S, me on my X) and we're both disappearing. Is this a known issue right now with convoys? Really frustrating. We can do a couple head-2-heads, but then either she or I disappear. The convoy is still intact, just can't see each other.
Yeah its a common issue with cars just ghosting visibility.

yamaci17

Most people aren’t having issues. Furthermore, enjoy blurry/laggy 30fps or severe pop-in 60fps. That’s the price you pay for not having a choice. I was playing ‘Peformance’ on XSX and whole trees were popping in.

Most of the issues here seem to involve wheels or multi-monitor setups.
there should be more modes, choices

- 1440p 60 fps fidelity mode (performance still tries to run at 1800p-2160p, hence lower settings and sacrifices), its practically a big
f*** you to 1440p users. there's literally no performance/fidelity mode that goes down to 1440p. the modes only cater to 4k people

- vrr mode for 4k quality mode

- vrr mode for the potential 1440p fidelity mode

they should've taken flight simulator as an example

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
there should be more modes, choices

- 1440p 60 fps fidelity mode (performance still tries to run at 1800p-2160p, hence lower settings and sacrifices), its practically a big
f*** you to 1440p users. there's literally no performance/fidelity mode that goes down to 1440p. the modes only cater to 4k people

- vrr mode for 4k quality mode

- vrr mode for the potential 1440p fidelity mode

they should've taken flight simulator as an example
Yeah, the general consensus seems to be that console players would prefer another Performance mode that has a lower res, or lower dynamic res, but a higher setting for foliage that would result in less pop-in. Hopefully they’ll add that in the future.

hollams

Gold Member
Fanatec Wheels : Got this info from the steam forums and it fixes the crashing. Download the 356 fanatec driver, uninstall your old drivers, reboot, install 356 driver, reboot and now the game should not crash. I've been playing for 45 minutes so far which beats my previous record of 15 minutes without crashing. I actually got to watch some cutscenes for the events, but not sure that was a good thing. You don't have to uninstall or install any of the firmware just the drivers. I guess they were testing on the older drivers so not sure what is in the new ones to cause crashing. You still have to use compat mode though.

Top Bottom