• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Won’t be able to play until tonight. Can’t wait.
200.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I talked myself into it this way.
  • The expansions are worth it. That's $32 I think for those alone if you don't get the premium pack.
  • So it's basically $10-12 for everything left. Cars, XP boost shit, early access.
I know I'll get the expansions, so it's a case of if I want to spend $10 more. And if you want to spend the $10 more, the best time to do it is day one to get the early access weekend. So fuck it, might as well.
Where do I get that because when I look at the XBox app on PC it's not showing me the same price.

On the phone it's not even showing.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Where do I get that because when I look at the XBox app on PC it's not showing me the same price.

On the phone it's not even showing.
I just looked on the Xbox console store yesterday and it's highlighted yellow for $44.95 I think. I checked the expansion only pass a few days ago and I believe it was $32 or something close to that.

I can't check any of it right now though, but that's where I saw it for North America.

Last edited:
I’m probably the only idiot in the world that bought the premium add on but arranged a big work weekend. Will be tomorrow evening (at the earliest) before I can even load it up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And Best Buy delayed my C1 77” delivery until the 15th. I wish I was dead.

Just kidding, so excited to read what everyone thinks over the next 36 hours. Actual GOTY I think, in any year, but especially this one when the only real competition is overhype on other average titles.

Game doesn't seem to support Dolby Vision, My CX is just kicking into HDR mode. Every other game goes to Dolby Vision (if it supports HDR).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I’m probably the only idiot in the world that bought the premium add on but arranged a big work weekend. Will be tomorrow evening (at the earliest) before I can even load it up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And Best Buy delayed my C1 77” delivery until the 15th. I wish I was dead.

Just kidding, so excited to read what everyone thinks over the next 36 hours. Actual GOTY I think, in any year, but especially this one when the only real competition is overhype on other average titles.
Shoulda coulda woulda

I have a 65"CX come at me!

Loves
The smoke
The redone sounds ( no more droning, gears and deceleration sound great)
All that new content
Handling feels a bit different

Cons
The accents. Now I know they should have lots of Mexicans, but they seem to be overdone and kinda cringey.

Dibils2k

Played it abit during lunch

only one issue i have so far is that there is not car class lock on race events... meaning you can use whatever you like, i dont like that, i want a curated experience, seems like they kinda took the lazy way out, maybe this changes in future races but yeah thats abit disappointing

Wizz-Art

I'm playing in performance mode by the way, been playing FH4 that way since the beginning and can't go back to 30fps, started the intro race in quality mode but couldn't handle the lower fps so I restarted to go into 60fps mode, game still looks stunningly beautiful and is as smooth as I got used to with FH4 on the XSX.

Last edited:

Freeman76

only one issue i have so far is that there is not car class lock on race events... meaning you can use whatever you like, i dont like that, i want a curated experience, seems like they kinda took the lazy way out, maybe this changes in future races but yeah thats abit disappointing

4 was the same, i guess its so you can use your favourite ride for anything but in the process it gets a bit samey if you dont switch things up yourself.

Dave_6

I loved that about the first one and part of why it's still my favorite of the series, though I have a lot of nostalgia for it as well.

Dibils2k

4 was the same, i guess its so you can use your favourite ride for anything but in the process it gets a bit samey if you dont switch things up yourself.
was it? i played that game for 2 years lol last year though i was just doing the weekly races that did lock class so i might have forgotten how normal races used to be

Kagey K

Banned
Just did the race to the festival in quality mode and Playground seem to have done the impossible making 30 still feel smooth again. Will try performance for the next couple races before I decide which mode to stick with.

Data Ghost

Moved to NZ a few hours ago on the advice of this thread and have been playing FH5 ever since. Fantastic so far. Excellent variation in the different areas and brilliant sense of scale and undulation.

I want travel to New Zealand to play this now but one time my brother did a region change and had his account locked up for a couple days so I'm a bit apprehensive about doing so.

I have a family event I have to attend today anyways so I guess I can wait until tonight...

Silver lining: I can play it later when I'm super tired and fall asleep in the first race. Wait that's not good at all. Fuck.

WoodyStare

I want travel to New Zealand to play this now but one time my brother did a region change and had his account locked up for a couple days so I'm a bit apprehensive about doing so.

I have a family event I have to attend today anyways so I guess I can wait until tonight...

Silver lining: I can play it later when I'm super tired and fall asleep in the first race. Wait that's not good at all. Fuck.
Same, I debated doing the NZ trick and I know most people get away with it unscathed, but I’d rather not risk it or have any potential problems. I can wait another day.

Despite owning Game pass ultimate i bought the premium edition, the devs deserve all my money! i loved the previous games and they still to this day have given me countless hours of joy, FH5 just looks perfect, will be playing it on PC and also my Series S (in bed) ! roll on tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Wish I had a Series X for this. That being said I can see myself getting a bit burnt out after playing both Fh3 and 4. Hope the handling of the cars is improved over 4 which I found too floaty.
The handling on all the Forza motorsport/Horizon games is the best in any racing game (non sim at least) Driveclub, GT sport both very poor in comparison, even Dirt 5 was decent and better than them two games in terms of handling.

Kagey K

Banned
Same, I debated doing the NZ trick and I know most people get away with it unscathed, but I’d rather not risk it or have any potential problems. I can wait another day.
MS don't care about doing the region change. In fact they made a joke about it back when FH4 launched.

lem0n

Tempted to move to NZ tonight after work but I think I'll just suffer one more day and then enjoy it to it's fullest tomorrow night. Friday night new games rule. Glad to hear all the super positive first impressions, but did we really expect anything less from Playground?

Top Bottom