• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I haven't played a Forza Horizon game since the first one and I couldn't get into it. I didn't play long, so maybe I just didn't give it a chance. But I just felt like I was kinda driving around aimlessly with no real purpose.

But I do like open world style games, even though I'm not a huge fan of racing games, I do enjoy them from time to time.

Should I give this series another shot? Is it one of those games where you need to kinda get into the flow of it before it grabs you? Or would I know right away if it's for me or not?

elliot5

I haven't played a Forza Horizon game since the first one and I couldn't get into it. I didn't play long, so maybe I just didn't give it a chance. But I just felt like I was kinda driving around aimlessly with no real purpose.

But I do like open world style games, even though I'm not a huge fan of racing games, I do enjoy them from time to time.

Should I give this series another shot? Is it one of those games where you need to kinda get into the flow of it before it grabs you? Or would I know right away if it's for me or not?
You should be able to tell early on. If you have access to game pass just give it a spin

elliot5

Are there still seasons in FH5 or are they using the biomes as the weather thresholds?
There are but it's not a blanket winter, summer, fall etc. across the entire map.

It's instead weekly seasons like "wet season", "dry season", and two others I can't recall. This impacts the map in specific biomes/regions and may make previously blocked areas drivable. So even in the wet season there will still be regions that may not be watery, versus in FH4 where winter meant snow and ice everywhere.

cormack12

Gold Member
There are but it's not a blanket winter, summer, fall etc. across the entire map.

It's instead weekly seasons like "wet season", "dry season", and two others I can't recall. This impacts the map in specific biomes/regions and may make previously blocked areas drivable. So even in the wet season there will still be regions that may not be watery, versus in FH4 where winter meant snow and ice everywhere.
I think I prefer that tbh

Kagey K

Banned
Fuck. I have off today too. You may have convinced me…
do it jewish GIF

I think it’s really lame as an Xbox All Access subscriber that you can’t get access early. All access my ass. Not paying $55 to play a game early.

Wizz-Art

Hmm. And switching it back doesn’t have any account/store issues, or require a factory reset?

It used to be an issue in the Xbox360 days when you could only change a region twice a year or so but since the Xbox One you can change regions at will, I do it all the time since I tend to buy stuff from the US store and never had an issue.

Last edited:

Pakoe

Gold Member
So how do we play earlier on PC? I have a VPN, I mean a ticket to NZ but it still says I'm too early?
I have the game on GP and bought the premium bundle.

Found a solution:
You need to change region not timezone under time & language settings/region. No VPN needed.
Happy gaming my friends!

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
So how do we play earlier on PC? I have a VPN, I mean a ticket to NZ but it still says I'm too early?
I have the game on GP and bought the premium bundle.
Go to 'Region Settings', or type it into the search bar. Switch to New Zealand and you're off to the races.

nikos

Do we have an official club? I started one named Apex that I can share, or I'll leave it if we already have one.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have put a couple of hours in and now that Dolby Vision is in as well this game is just gorgeous.

Have played it on all my TVs a C9, QN90A and the Sony X900H and honestly to me while in motion is looks best on the X900H

Freeman76

GFX are incredible. Cruising around with Hospital Radio on is as good as ever.

Feels like FH4 moved to Mexico in many ways, not a bad thing but I did clock 300 hours in that so I hope this has some new tricks up it sleeve

nikos

Game frequently crashes on PC for me. Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue. Hopefully it's resolved sooner than later.

Are people who are playing now purchased the full version and changed settings to NZ....

Or can you just use the gamepass version to do this?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Are people who are playing now purchased the full version and changed settings to NZ....

Or can you just use the gamepass version to do this?
I’m using the Game Pass version, NZ settings, but you need to purchase the Premium Expansion DLC to get the early access and play today.

K' Dash

once I unlock the game on a quick travel to NZ, can I go back to my real region and be able to keep playing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom