• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

KAOS

Kudos to Playground Games on an awesome game! I could've sworn I heard ZoE (one of my favorite latin alternative bands) in one of the radio stations! Music is like an added bonus of the Forza Horizon games.

EvTe1NB.jpg

Dhfzg0P.jpg

hXE5tAH.jpg

MdDNxLv.jpg

gZQURvo.jpg

Last edited:
Am I missing something, how do you move the watermark around? Also, didn't there used to be different framing options? Like 21:9 black bars, etc?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol MS just offered me 3 months of gamepass for just $1. This is now my 4th month in a row with a $1 offer. I had created a new account for Ascent in august because they had stopped offering me $1 deals on my main account, but I did not expect them to go 3 months in a row let alone 4 months with an offer for two more free months. That's 6 months for $4.

I wont even have to worry about renewing for Halo. Lets go!

P.S I got it thinking the game was going live tonight at midnight but apparently its only for people who got the deluxe edition. Fuck!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
lol MS just offered me 3 months of gamepass for just $1. This is now my 4th month in a row with a $1 offer. I had created a new account for Ascent in august because they had stopped offering me $1 deals on my main account, but I did not expect them to go 3 months in a row let alone 4 months with an offer for two more free months. That's 6 months for $4.

P.S I got it thinking the game was going live tonight at midnight but apparently its only for people who got the deluxe edition. Fuck!
It's 40 bucks extra, still a lot of shit for the money.

Pantz

Tifa Cosplay
oyNNnv1.png

They don't really have the right hair for it. Plus only one pair of white mittens available for hands at the moment...where's the rest?

Tifa Cosplay
oyNNnv1.png

They don't really have the right hair for it. Plus only one pair of white mittens available for hands at the moment...where's the rest?

Probably have to unlock them. Remember how annoying it was in FH4 when the wheelspins just missed that amazing car and tipped into a pair of sandals, or something.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
If anybody went to New Zealand and their expansions weren’t showing up like mine, now that it’s live in NA all my content is showing. No worries.

Malakhov

Banned

Got the same deal, got the gamepass 3 months for 1$ and then ultimate for 1$. Just got Forza and halo for pc for 2.30$ cad

So far having a terrible experience playing on my racing PC. I have a Fanatec DD2 and if you don't use compat mode for CSW 2.5 the game constantly asks you to connect a controller. The game crashes anytime a cutscene starts if I have the wheel on. After the 3rd crash I was able to get through the starting crap by using an Xbox controller, but I had to watch the opening video 3 times with no way to skip it.

My sim pc has a 6600k and a 2080ti with a 3840x1080 monitor and the game says I can play on extreme and I can hit over 60fps but for some reason every 5-8 seconds I get 10-20 frame drops so it makes the game hitch. I even tried lowering the graphics to medium and the hitches still happen. I then hooked it up to my OLED 4k and it said I could run it at ultra, but got the same hitches so not sure if it's CPU related or not.
Reduce some settings. RTX 3080 recommended for ultra 4k.

Ozriel

M$FT
Reduce some settings. RTX 3080 recommended for ultra 4k.

i believe the 2080ti should be more than enough for ultra 4K. It’s significantly more powerful than the XSX GPU and that runs at PC highest settings in Quality mode.
He’s hitting ultra settings. It’s just the hitching that’s the problem. Hopefully there’s a patch or driver update to fix it

But a Twitter nobody said they were banning them.
Yeah they were lying, I been playing since earlier today and im in Atlanta GA. I didn't even have to do a VPN for this one on the PC, I just switched the locale settings in Windows 11 and it booted right up

I already felt great about my 3090 purchase back when it launched, but this game might be the most beautiful joint I've booted up on it. Its beautiful

This game on Xbox Series X is incredible. This game on a high end PC is simply jaw-dropping. Holy moly, it's gotta be one of the best-looking games of all time.
Im on a 3090 bro and yo....I thought it looked great at first, went to doing some races and starting seeing more of the map and yeah...one of the best looking games of all time easily. Its kinda crazy how good it looks at times when a ton is on the screen

Kagey K

Banned
Probably have to unlock them. Remember how annoying it was in FH4 when the wheelspins just missed that amazing car and tipped into a pair of sandals, or something.
I fucking unlocked 2 different pencil dresses already. (Playing as a guy) what a waste of spins.

Must be payback for getting 2 Foza Edition cars in one super wheelspin earlier.

Dumb question - I did 2 races so far and still don't know how to change radio stations.... does that unlock later or something?

After your first couple races and you can see all the icons on the map? Hit right on your D-Pad and it should cycle
Thanks. I did try the d pad and nothing is working. And no, I only did the 1st showcase event and then 2 more regular stuff popped on the map but I haven't done them yet. I stopped playing after that. Guess I gotta do some more story stuff.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Wonder how they are getting so many subs…
Anyway, after the slight cringe of creating a character and choosing my fucking pronouns, I got stuck into the game and it’s glorious. Looks phenomenal as well.

Kagey K

Banned
Goddamn that draw distance and view on your way down from the Baja expedition is nuts.

This game just keeps surprising me.

Thanks. I did try the d pad and nothing is working. And no, I only did the 1st showcase event and then 2 more regular stuff popped on the map but I haven't done them yet. I stopped playing after that. Guess I gotta do some more story stuff.
Oh yeah do like one more event, it’s when all the races pop up and they cut you loose

Kagey K

Banned
Certain events have certain songs tied to them, outside of those it's right on the d pad to change stations.

My only annoyance right now is that they don't give a credit boost for shutting off rewinds now.

I always turn up Drivatar difficulty, turn off some assists and rewind for bonus credits. Still have them turned off, but mildly annoyed I don't get rewarded for it.

Hmm I have installed it on my Series X (about to play it) and also my MSI GE66 Raider (Intel I7 11800H, 16GB RAM, RTX3070). For some reason, the laptop crashes to desktop as soon as soon as you either start the game or load the benchmark.

Kagey K

Banned
Lol they 1:1 recreated one of the more iconic races from FH3. Do the Costera Cross Country Circuit and tell me it doesn't feel like you've played it before.

Barakov

Gold Member
Played the opening and did about three races. Damn, this game is a looker. Runs pretty well on my PC despite the couple of bandwidth issues I had in the opening.

Love nearly everything except my talking avatar. That's the one thing this series didn't need. He sounds like even more a douche than I imagined it.
Jim Carrey Eating GIF by Morgan Creek

Kagey K

Banned
It didn't work, does it apply to the game pass version too?
No that doesn't unlock until the 9th.

This is early access for people that bought the deluxe edition or the add on edition for gamepass.

Standard Gamepass users will have to use the NZ trick to play early Monday morning.

Last edited:

Poppyseed

Forza Horizon 4 DLC. Sorry. It is. Playing it maxed out on my 3080 and yeah it’s good, but I definitely feel like I already played this game.

Kagey K

Banned
Forza Horizon 4 DLC. Sorry. It is. Playing it maxed out on my 3080 and yeah it’s good, but I definitely feel like I already played this game.
Looking forward to your GT7 is just Sport DLC post.

I got in a car and drove around the track, I already played this.

Maybe I was right and they needed the storyline I suggested in the review thread. To make it "fresh" and "new"

Granty666uk

Has the VIP pass unlocked for anyone ( double xp, free house etc ) I got a bunch of free cars but that's all I think. Cheers.

Assaulty

Yes, this game is, by a country mile, the best looking game I've ever played and I am playing at performance mode. The landscapes are actually insanely realistic, the car's detail is unmatched and they really updated the sound, which was my biggest gripe with older games.

This game truly is something special and, imo, should be considered for overall GOTY. Playground are just on a different level to the rest of MS game studio's.

Kagey K

Banned
Yes, this game is, by a country mile, the best looking game I've ever played and I am playing at performance mode. The landscapes are actually insanely realistic, the car's detail is unmatched and they really updated the sound, which was my biggest gripe with older games.

This game truly is something special and, imo, should be considered for overall GOTY. Playground are just on a different level to the rest of MS game studio's.
I just had to drive across the map on the highway, and the echo that you get while driving under overpasses is some attention to detail I didn't expect.

JeloSWE

So far having a terrible experience playing on my racing PC. I have a Fanatec DD2 and if you don't use compat mode for CSW 2.5 the game constantly asks you to connect a controller. The game crashes anytime a cutscene starts if I have the wheel on. After the 3rd crash I was able to get through the starting crap by using an Xbox controller, but I had to watch the opening video 3 times with no way to skip it.

My sim pc has a 6600k and a 2080ti with a 3840x1080 monitor and the game says I can play on extreme and I can hit over 60fps but for some reason every 5-8 seconds I get 10-20 frame drops so it makes the game hitch. I even tried lowering the graphics to medium and the hitches still happen. I then hooked it up to my OLED 4k and it said I could run it at ultra, but got the same hitches so not sure if it's CPU related or not.
Sounds like either a too weak CPU or data streaming from the SSD to RAM might be a bottle neck that causes intermittent frame drops?

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

Has the VIP pass unlocked for anyone ( double xp, free house etc ) I got a bunch of free cars but that's all I think. Cheers.
Everything comes in phases. I didn’t get a house until after a few races. Once you get it all the other ones will appear on your map. There are 2 that you get for free. One in the middle of the map and the other on the east coast. Just stick your pointer over them and it’ll tell you they’re free.

Top Bottom