• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Hmm I have installed it on my Series X (about to play it) and also my MSI GE66 Raider (Intel I7 11800H, 16GB RAM, RTX3070). For some reason, the laptop crashes to desktop as soon as soon as you either start the game or load the benchmark.

Fixed it by uninstalling Nahimic and setting power to Extreme Performance :)

Now I get 100fps solid @ 1440p on Ultra preset :)

I've had this weird bug a few times where it glitches daytime to nightime 2 or 3 times before it settles back down.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I think I’m hearing my XSX for the first time. And gosh I almost fried my hand when I put it on top of the console. Is everybody’s XSX reacting to this game in the same way?

By the way the graphics are bonkers and I’m in performance mode. Didn’t think I would see gaming get this far, photo realistic backgrounds streamed at this speed.
We in Mexico now lad, your Xbox is just showing some cultural appreciation.

9jeDG3O.jpg

Assaulty

They could put a fucking bit of effort into the avatars. Got prosthetics, pronouns, every hair colour and they all look like the offspring of John Merrick and Kathy Bates.
Couldn't agree more. Now we have all those inclusivity option, which is whatever I guess, but the rest of the costumization if you can actually call it that is really bad. Especially with how prominent the Avatars are used in this game.

Orta

Banned
How intrusive to the game is all this festival and voice over and story nonsense?

I might pull the trigger and buy it with a series s but don't want to waste over €300.

It may sound petty but I HATE rubbish like wacky announcers etc in games.

Its probably worth noting I dumped FH3 on my PC as I couldn't put up with that crap

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
How intrusive to the game is all this festival and voice over and story nonsense?

I might pull the trigger and buy it with a series s but don't want to waste over €300.

Its probably worth noting I dumped FH3 on my PC as I couldn't put up with that crap

If it bothers you, you can turn them off in the options I think. Like the announcer etc. The rest is kind of opened up as you play so you'll get a intro to say, look 4 new events are open etc. If you're in doubt, just get a month of gamepass to see if you like it and can tailor it.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
If I'd be a game developer working on a racing game I'd rather depressed after playing Forza Horizon 5.

It's a better track racer than Forza Motorsport
It's a better off-road racer than Dirt
It's a better car collecting game than Gran Turismo
It's a better night time illegal street racer than Need For Speed
It's a better open world than any Test Drive Unlimited

You won't like this then.

nJlHJYN.png

Looks like you CAN turn the voices off or at least low.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So the season is still present? Because I fire up the game and "welcome to spring"

i believe the 2080ti should be more than enough for ultra 4K. It’s significantly more powerful than the XSX GPU and that runs at PC highest settings in Quality mode.
He’s hitting ultra settings. It’s just the hitching that’s the problem. Hopefully there’s a patch or driver update to fix it
Again, dont compare pc gpu with SX. Optimization is different.

Reduce some settings and play it.

Ammogeddon

If I'd be a game developer working on a racing game I'd rather depressed after playing Forza Horizon 5.

It's a better track racer than Forza Motorsport
It's a better off-road racer than Dirt
It's a better car collecting game than Gran Turismo
It's a better night time illegal street racer than Need For Speed
It's a better open world than any Test Drive Unlimited
In theory this is a good thing as it sets the bar for others to meet.

As good as GT Sport is, it was a bit of a let down. But I’m hoping GT7 will be awesome. None of the others have been any good for a while. Dirt 5 was especially disappointing.

Chukhopops

So the season is still present? Because I fire up the game and "welcome to spring"
There are two seasons apparently if I understood correctly, dry and wet. I’m not sure if you change season during the story like in FH4, so far I only saw one custom event set in the rain season.

Also after a couple hours I’m so impressed by the driving model improvements, what a joy to play. The off-road tracks are way better than FH4 and close to FH3.

Sound is also improved but they kept the music during races coming from outside your car, feels weird when you use a surround setup.

Only thing i dislike is the main character talking but that’s only for the story part I guess.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Played for about an hour. Only issue I see is that it’s just more of the same. Not necessarily a bad thing but its just more of the same.

First showcase event was fourth all the way to finish line then amazingly came first just like the showcases in FH3 and FH4. Don’t know how unless by design?

But suppose you can say that about any game with a number in its title.

Certinty

Horizon 1, 2 and 3 had cringe lines here and there but it was never intolerable in my eyes. 4 was a lot more cringe and even then I somehow just brushed it aside but 5 is something else and like others have said, your character talking doesn't exactly help either. Might honestly mute all the dialogue.

TheMan

lol MS just offered me 3 months of gamepass for just $1. This is now my 4th month in a row with a $1 offer. I had created a new account for Ascent in august because they had stopped offering me $1 deals on my main account, but I did not expect them to go 3 months in a row let alone 4 months with an offer for two more free months. That's 6 months for $4.

I wont even have to worry about renewing for Halo. Lets go!

P.S I got it thinking the game was going live tonight at midnight but apparently its only for people who got the deluxe edition. Fuck!
To be clear you dont need to buy the 99 dollar version to play early. With gamepass, you can buy the 45 dollar premium dlc bundle which gets you both expansions when they release, the car pas, the VIP pass, and early access. So I’d you’re really into FH there’s little reason not to get that

GHG

Gold Member
Is this up on Steam early access now? Because I don't see any player count

Yes it's available now.

Some benchmarks from my PC:

1440p:

g3qktD.png

3200x1800:

g3qTw0.png

Settings I'll be playing with on this rig with my wheel:

g3qRz3.png

Will test out my 3070 laptop later and post the results since that's the one I'll be using for any sofa play.

MMaRsu

Banned
Or just wait until Tuesday and you’re good, no one’s forcing you. Early access is just a bonus on top of DLC people would buy anyway since FH expansions have been fantastic since the beginning.

Its not a bonus. Your paying extra to play the game early.

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone created a GAF club?

Also, I didn't really engage with the seasons EVENTS in FH4. Is there any reason to? Like limited car availablity etc?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I paid 29€ which is way less than the two expansions + car pack + vip. I don’t think early access is even sold separately?
v5LqJhc.jpg
You are 100% correct it is just the bonus of buying the DLC some people just want to troll

Besides since we are "renting" the game via Gamepass once it starts to leave Gamepass in like 4 years (due to license conflicts) then the base game will be silly cheap to buy outright if someone is still playing it

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I caved in and got the FH5 Premium add-on pack for $45. I already downloaded the game and ordered the add-on while at work now so I can play when I get home. How big is that add-on download? I would hate to have to sit for a while to play the game. Just curious if it's a big download or should I be able to play right away? (I have GamePass)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Besides since we are "renting" the game via Gamepass once it starts to leave Gamepass in like 4 years (due to license conflicts) then the base game will be silly cheap to buy outright if someone is still playing it
First party MS games don’t leave GamePass.

Top Bottom