• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think this "exploit" works only for the first car from each manufacturer, correct?

UI is just full of small annoying bugs and that's surprising since it's the same basic shit since Forza Horizon 2.

The past couple of days I've been playing Forza Horizon 3 on a fresh save. I'm enjoying it more than Forza Horizon 5. :messenger_hushed:

RPS37

So I poo pool’s the shit out of this game before release and now I gotta eat some major crow.
I was arguing that it just looked like Horizon 4 again, which I put quite a few hours in and just got really bored.

I’ve put a few hours in FH5 and it just clicked.
Now I just want to try to smash every sign and buy every car.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
So I poo pool’s the shit out of this game before release and now I gotta eat some major crow.
I was arguing that it just looked like Horizon 4 again, which I put quite a few hours in and just got really bored.

I’ve put a few hours in FH5 and it just clicked.
Now I just want to try to smash every sign and buy every car.

It's the setting that's half of the success for an arcade open world racer like this. You need those summer vibes, palm trees, crystal clear water and beautiful beaches.

It's why Forza Horizon 3 worked so well. It's why Forza Horizon 5 works so well.

Reactions: GHG

RPS37

It's the setting that's half of the success for an arcade open world racer like this. You need those summer vibes, palm trees, crystal clear water and beautiful beaches.

It's why Forza Horizon 3 worked so well. It's why Forza Horizon 5 works so well.
eIZvxPZ.gif

The other half, for me, is the way activities are set up in this game.
Stays fresh.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
eIZvxPZ.gif

The other half, for me, is the way activities are set up in this game.
Stays fresh.

I just wish they would bring back bucket list challenges. These were perfect. No cringe. No unnecessary dialogue. No back story. Just you, a car and a target to beat.

I know Super 7 exists but most of these community challenges are pure shite.

Given Playgrounds talent , whilst playing I can’t help but imagine a non modern setting for a future game, a Cyberpunk setting, Blade Runner vibes, something like that. Would be amazing imo.

RAIDEN1

I can't see anything on PS5 topping this game in this genre I mean....if Gran Turismo provides this level of experience and then some, then fair enough I eat my words..

Last edited:

Catphish

One thing about this game that I am VERY unhappy about is the lack of a rear-view mirror in all views except Cockpit. In Dashboard, the mirror is usually obscured. Some cars, like the Lotus Elise GT1, don’t even have one in Cockpit.

Having finally dialed everything in with my wheel setup, it’s maddening to have the experience gimped by such a simple thing; a thing, I might add, that people have been asking for for YEARS.

I don’t understand why a racing game in 2021 wouldn’t have the option for a rear-view mirror regardless of view. As a fan of Dashboard cam, I can’t tell you how aggravating it is to constantly slam into cars when turning because I had no idea they were there.

It’s so frustrating to me, it’s really squelching my desire to play.

Plantoid

I have all houses but the 5m one, did all the speed areas, radars and drift zones, have lots of cars, everything without exploits, but when I get home I'm going to do the Willy's exploit so i can buy all cars

Game is beyond fun, i just did my first online race yesterday, it was a trill, my first win, also a second place where I overtake the second card 100m before finishing line

I wish tunning was more straight forward, for now I'm just downloading tunes others made

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I got the wheel & rig set up. Plays well accept the game wants to auto steer at ti es direct to the driving line. No setting seems to fix it.

Edit: restarting fixed it.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I got the wheel & rig set up. Plays well accept the game wants to auto steer at ti es direct to the driving line. No setting seems to fix it.

Edit: restarting fixed it.
How's it working out with horizon? Game seems to drive a little arcadey for a rig/wheel setup.

Are you using manual/clutch?

Every time a new Forza Motorsport comes out I contemplate getting a setup like that but then I look around at all my flight peripherals and hold off. 😞

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How's it working out with horizon? Game seems to drive a little arcadey for a rig/wheel setup.

Are you using manual/clutch?

Every time a new Forza Motorsport comes out I contemplate getting a setup like that but then I look around at all my flight peripherals and hold off. 😞
I love it and can’t go back to playing without it. Although I drive a manual transmission IRL, so far I’m opting to drive automatic until I get a good handle on the, well, handling. The turning radius is not 1:1 with the game and I really wish there was a way to make it. The game thinks my wheel turns less than it does leading to overly sensitive turning.

Other than that, I’m absolutely blown away by how immersive it is playing with a wheel & pedals. It reminds me of achieving presence in VR. I’ve been learning to let go on how I normally handle turns with a controller to a more natural and realistic way of driving like IRL. That definitely helps achieve a presence like state.

Honestly, I’m absolutely blown away. I think I’ll pick up Project Cars 2 since it’s on sale. That supports VR I think.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I love it and can’t go back to playing without it. Although I drive a manual transmission IRL, so far I’m opting to drive automatic until I get a good handle on the, well, handling. The turning radius is not 1:1 with the game and I really wish there was a way to make it. The game thinks my wheel turns less than it does leading to overly sensitive turning.

Other than that, I’m absolutely blown away by how immersive it is playing with a wheel & pedals. It reminds me of achieving presence in VR. I’ve been learning to let go on how I normally handle turns with a controller to a more natural and realistic way of driving like IRL. That definitely helps achieve a presence like state.

Honestly, I’m absolutely blown away. I think I’ll pick up Project Cars 2 since it’s on sale. That supports VR I think.
Assetto is another one to check out for VR tho it's a bit fussy at times. Can always refund.

Anyway glad it's working out for you. There are a number of third party programs you can probably configure that wheel with if the native software doesn't work for you.

Enjoy.

You should look into Automobilista 2. It runs on the same engine as Project Cars 2 but I tend to enjoy it a lot more than PCars2, it just feels better and wet driving is actually manageable in the game. It's mostly South American tracks and currently the more typical racing game tracks like the Nurburgring are hidden behind a dlc paywall. That said I was interested in racing on tracks I haven't raced before. The AI in the game is actually fun to race against as well, not as aggressive as PCars2 and not as unaware. They won't give up spots but they won't wreck out trying to keep you from overtaking either. The game is updated regularly as well and has improved a lot since it hit early access.

Last edited:

A2una1

I can't see anything on PS5 topping this game in this genre I mean....if Gran Turismo provides this level of experience and then some, then fair enough I eat my words..
Your probably right, but GT is more of a Racing Sim than a Open World Racer...

RAIDEN1

Your probably right, but GT is more of a Racing Sim than a Open World Racer...
Well that's what I mean, what franchise on the Sony machine is the answer to Forza Horizon? If I am looking for a track day, I am more than happy with Forza Motorsport ....(the one that recently got de-listed..)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It does. Sense of speed and approach on other vehicles is awesome in VR. I would love to have a wheel, but it's not in the budget for this year. Here's a video I didn't of some kart racing with PC+Quest 2...

Assetto is another one to check out for VR tho it's a bit fussy at times. Can always refund.

Anyway glad it's working out for you. There are a number of third party programs you can probably configure that wheel with if the native software doesn't work for you.

Enjoy.

You should look into Automobilista 2. It runs on the same engine as Project Cars 2 but I tend to enjoy it a lot more than PCars2, it just feels better and wet driving is actually manageable in the game. It's mostly South American tracks and currently the more typical racing game tracks like the Nurburgring are hidden behind a dlc paywall. That said I was interested in racing on tracks I haven't raced before. The AI in the game is actually fun to race against as well, not as aggressive as PCars2 and not as unaware. They won't give up spots but they won't wreck out trying to keep you from overtaking either. The game is updated regularly as well and has improved a lot since it hit early access.

Looks like I know what I am doing this weekend.

A2una1

Well that's what I mean, what franchise on the Sony machine is the answer to Forza Horizon? If I am looking for a track day, I am more than happy with Forza Motorsport ....(the one that recently got de-listed..)

Nothing that comes to my mind...If anything, maybe some Need for Speed Titles, or Burnout Paradise but they are multiplat and ways old....

GHG

Gold Member

Get Automobilista 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Both are much better on a wheel and in VR than Project Cars 2.

RAIDEN1

Nothing that comes to my mind...If anything, maybe some Need for Speed Titles, or Burnout Paradise but they are multiplat and ways old....
Saying that though the recent Need For Speed re-master is DAM fun shame you can't add the custom music and till date it is the last great NFS....now if Forza had that with you also being able to take-down races in an open world from the police point of view...ie rushing through jungles, the streets etc.....that would be AWESOME!

A2una1

Saying that though the recent Need For Speed re-master is DAM fun shame you can't add the custom music and till date it is the last great NFS....now if Forza had that with you also being able to take-down races in an open world from the police point of view...ie rushing through jungles, the streets etc.....that would be AWESOME!
One Workaround would be: muting ingame music and listening to Spotify through the playstation app. This more of a generall approach to custom music on ps4/5 though ;)

I love the game, but they should remove the wheelspins, subdivide the map stuff into car classes and make the community tunings much more expensive.
On one of my first spins i got the Koenigsegg Jesko and there is no point in choosing another car for most of the map stuff.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Had a crash last night after a 4h session and now when i want to update the game it starts to download the whole game while its still on my SSD and i cannot open the game anymore it says install the game to play 😑.

Had a crash last night after a 4h session and now when i want to update the game it starts to download the whole game while its still on my SSD and i cannot open the game anymore it says install the game to play 😑.

I think the update is fucked, I can't get it to even start the update. That's a new one...

I'll be Microsoft tech support

- IIs the computer plugged in sir?
- Try unplugging the computer sir, then plug it in. Thank you for contacting Microsoft support I am marking this issue resolved. Have a great day!

*** THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED, PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK OR USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO CONTACT ANOTHER REPRESENTATIVE -dead link that goes nowhere- ***

So I tried launching it and had the same issue you did. I think the update is likely broken.

You may have already tried the following but I got back into the game after doing it:

- Open "Apps & Features"

- Find Horizon 5 in the list and left click once to expand that app

- Click "Advanced Options"

- Now click the "Terminate" button which will end the program (do it just to be sure)

- Now click the "Repair" button (should now have a checkmark)

- Now click "Reset" which will reset the app (should now have a checkmark)

After doing that I was able to start the game without uninstalling it. I did have to resync my save and adjust video settings again but that only takes a couple minutes. Otherwise the game is behaving properly.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Forzathon shop is now open my dudes! I'm buying me a Sombrero!

q93lNkG.jpg

Car mastery and super wheelspins were a mistake. The whole game economy is ruined. It's broken. It doesn't make sense.

300FP for a super wheelspin? You have to grind for hours (dozen of hours?) to get that much.

Meanwhile I can take my Lambo, drive down the highway and get 10 skill points in less than 2 minutes.

Then buy x 2 Jeep Willy and change these skill points for 2 super wheel spins.

That's why Forza Horizon 3 is still king.

• Strength
Reactions: GHG

cormack12

Gold Member
Pissed me off I don't have 600FP, i would have if the arcades were working. But done everything from the playlist and only got 573 and ive used mastery to unlock a few fp on cars

Top Bottom