• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Careful putting anything free on the sides of vans

The Devs don't care about the glitching and hacking but are banning people left and right for putting Free stuff on their vehicles
It seems banning people for liveries has gone way out of control as even stuff that's not clearly nsfw/forbidden is getting banned, joking about certain stuff will be enough as well. I'm glad I was never into creating liveries in Forza games or I'd be depressed about the censorship.

Last edited:
Good luck with this week's trial, seems borderline impossible. People keep bringing X-Class cars and the AI beats the shit out of them.

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
My strategy for winning Round 3 Arcade with randoms and for farming Forzathon Points

1. Thursdays are the new season so you will have better luck finding others looking to do Arcade
2. I tend to only attempt Round 3 on Air and Drift. So I fast travel to check if any other players are around.
3. If other players do Drift with you and you fail to reach round 3 I try to push the button to stick with them and continue doing Drift, hoping for more to join. Just keep doing it until you get lucky with some good players.
4. For the Drift Run round where you drift on the way to destination I fast travel to the runway and use my Gymkhana 10 Ford Hoonicorn Mustang 1965. The points on the runway still count and I can quickly earn around 300,000 arcade points each trip down the runway by drifting at high speeds. So this round goes very fast.
5. For the actual drift zones rounds I switch over to a real drift car. For the skill bank rounds I stay in Hoonicorn since it can get drift skills offroad just fine too.
---
6. For when I don't get any other players joining drift arcade it's ok because I can still farm 20 Forzathon Points while at the same time farming Car Mastery.
7. Most of the time when there are no other players it seems like the first round starts as drift run. So I go to the runway and drift in the Hoonicorn 300,000 points each length while at the same time getting car mastery skill points with an 8x multiplier and even by myself it's quite easy to complete the first round of drift run at the runway for 20 Forzathon Points. It's really nice to do both at the same time.

Hope they will fix matching for Arcade soon so it's easier or lower the difficulty or something because it's so lame how it is now.

Well Neunelfer is bugged for me. I can't get the "take a picture of your car" to trip. Restarted, bought a new one, put the original back to stock, nothing seems to trip it.

That's annoying.

EDIT: If you can't trip it, wait and try again later. After farting around with seasonal events for a while I tried again and tripped it this time. Still annoying.

Jtq9wdT.jpg

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
And there I was going to paint "Free Candy" on the side of a van. 😅
No joke that’s where a bunch of this livery banning stuff started from.

There were a bunch of free candy vans in Horizon 3 and they started banning people from making liveries if you uploaded it. Whether you were the original creator or not.

No joke that’s where a bunch of this livery banning stuff started from.

There were a bunch of free candy vans in Horizon 3 and they started banning people from making liveries if you uploaded it. Whether you were the original creator or not.

The free candy van bans started way back when the Vandura and other box vans first appeared in Forza Motorsport 4. Someone back then in my friend list made a Roto Rooter van but called it Rectal Rooter and had a crudely made image of a plumber with his pants down doggy style over a pile of shapes that I assume was a woman getting cornholed. It did pretty well on his storefront actually.

Meanwhile I was banned for a week and had my storefront wiped clean for a Calvin decal. You know, that little Calvin pissing on ***insert car manufacturer*** that you could walk into any big box store on earth and buy? The same one that used an image taken directly from a comic strip that children read?

giphy.gif
bKN23Ts.jpg

Tunned

So if this rumor is true, the first DLC is a separate Mexican city map smaller than Fortune Island in FH4... A city that was cut from the base gane because Xbox One S/X could not run the whole map... So the map will be released and abandoned by the devs the first week, nice.

Kagey K

Banned
The free candy van bans started way back when the Vandura and other box vans first appeared in Forza Motorsport 4. Someone back then in my friend list made a Roto Rooter van but called it Rectal Rooter and had a crudely made image of a plumber with his pants down doggy style over a pile of shapes that I assume was a woman getting cornholed. It did pretty well on his storefront actually.

Meanwhile I was banned for a week and had my storefront wiped clean for a Calvin decal. You know, that little Calvin pissing on ***insert car manufacturer*** that you could walk into any big box store on earth and buy? The same one that used an image taken directly from a comic strip that children read?

giphy.gif
bKN23Ts.jpg
I didn't realize that, I have never messed around much with liveries in the Motorsport series since it's thematically much more serious.

I love putting ridiculous ones on in Horizon though.

JayK47

Grabbed Gamepass to give this a try. Playing on Xbox One so it doesn't look as nice as some of the pics that have been posted. So far, I am not impressed. The controls are taking some time to adjust. The sound is a mess. Tire sounds are practically silent and I can't hear my tires losing grip. So I only find out if I am pushing it too hard when I slide off track. They start you off with WAY too many cars and most of them are high end cars. It is like I started the game with access from a previous save. I liked starting out with a shit car and working my way up. The car selection is missing a C3 Corvette, but has a rare Subara STI S209, while calling it common. The 209 stands for only 209 built, so it is very rare in fact. While loading a race, staring at your car on stage with your idiot avatar pointing like Justin Bieber is stupid. Hopefully those of you with a high end PC or a quick loading Series X do not have to look at it. Pretty sure previous Forza titles focused on the car, not the avatar, during loading. Glad I did not buy this game and I can play it on my $1 trial period. Disappointing considering how much I loved previous titles.

Kagey K

Banned
Grabbed Gamepass to give this a try. Playing on Xbox One so it doesn't look as nice as some of the pics that have been posted. So far, I am not impressed. The controls are taking some time to adjust. The sound is a mess. Tire sounds are practically silent and I can't hear my tires losing grip. So I only find out if I am pushing it too hard when I slide off track. They start you off with WAY too many cars and most of them are high end cars. It is like I started the game with access from a previous save. I liked starting out with a shit car and working my way up. The car selection is missing a C3 Corvette, but has a rare Subara STI S209, while calling it common. The 209 stands for only 209 built, so it is very rare in fact. While loading a race, staring at your car on stage with your idiot avatar pointing like Justin Bieber is stupid. Hopefully those of you with a high end PC or a quick loading Series X do not have to look at it. Pretty sure previous Forza titles focused on the car, not the avatar, during loading. Glad I did not buy this game and I can play it on my $1 trial period. Disappointing considering how much I loved previous titles.
Horizon 4 had the same thing. Complete with unlockable emotes for them to do.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sorry I have missed some GAF club invites have been doing the family thing.

Plus sorry if I havent replied to anything my oldest nephew has been house sitting and playing on my account but once Holidays are over watch out Rivals :)

JayK47

Even with all sounds down to 60 and tire at 100, you can barely make out the tire sounds. Is it my setup or are others noticing this as well? I am pretty sure when locking up tires, you could clearly hear them in previous Horizon titles. For sure the standard Forza games. It is driving me nuts not being able to hear the tires. The car sounds are pretty quiet as well.

What happened to the countdown before starting the race? It is just GO! now. Lost my first race because of the lack of countdown.

Had to buy a cheap car so I could ease into the game.

The car selection is missing a C3 Corvette

The C3 Corvette is in the game, I have one in my garage I think I won from an Accolade challenge. Every Corvette model is in the game. There are a bunch of cars you can't just buy at the auto show. Just like in previous Horizon games some cars are less common and need to be won either through Forzathons, Accolades or wheel spins.

kdEFQNG.jpg

The car selection is missing a C3 Corvette, but has a rare Subara STI S209, while calling it common. The 209 stands for only 209 built, so it is very rare in fact.

The "common" depiction is in reference to in-game rarity, not rarity in the real world. It's an easy car to get in the game, therefore is classified as a common car in the game. The scale goes from common to legendary like most things with a gatcha mechanic (think weapon grades in Borderlands). In any case this is how car rarity has been handled in every Forza game since the Forzathon challenges showed up including Motorsports.

While loading a race, staring at your car on stage with your idiot avatar pointing like Justin Bieber is stupid. Hopefully those of you with a high end PC or a quick loading Series X do not have to look at it. Pretty sure previous Forza titles focused on the car, not the avatar

The avatar has been standing on the podium beside the car since Horizon 2. The difference now is you assign what the avatar is doing. You can easily make your avatar just stand there doing nothing and dress it up like he just got off work. Mine is literally dressed like I do when I run to get groceries.

tVkRUgV.jpg

Even with all sounds down to 60 and tire at 100, you can barely make out the tire sounds. Is it my setup or are others noticing this as well?

This likely is on your end due to a bug I've read about a couple times browsing other forums. I've seen some people on PC are having issues and need to toggle Windows spacial sound and others have changed the audio bitrate from 16 to 24 bits but I haven't had any sound issues with the game personally so I haven't spent any real time looking into fixes.

What happened to the countdown before starting the race? It is just GO! now. Lost my first race because of the lack of countdown.

The countdown hasn't been in the Horizon games since the first one. Horizon 2 replaced it with "Get Ready" then after a long pause, "Go!" FH3 and FH4 are the same as FH5.

JayK47

The C3 Corvette is in the game, I have one in my garage I think I won from an Accolade challenge. Every Corvette model is in the game. There are a bunch of cars you can't just buy at the auto show. Just like in previous Horizon games some cars are less common and need to be won either through Forzathons, Accolades or wheel spins.

kdEFQNG.jpg
That is a C2. Definitely more popular, but it was nice to see the C3 in Forza Motorsport 6 and 7. According to several fan sites, the 1970 Corvette is in this game. Maybe as DLC or something.

I am fresh off Forza Motorsport 6 and 7. I forgot about the lack of a countdown. I played Horizon 4 when it came out, so it has been a few years. So many years, I seem to have forgotten.

Catphish

How's it working out with horizon? Game seems to drive a little arcadey for a rig/wheel setup.

Are you using manual/clutch?

Every time a new Forza Motorsport comes out I contemplate getting a setup like that but then I look around at all my flight peripherals and hold off. 😞
I use wheel, shifter & clutch, as well as a motion platform for the seat, and it’s a fking blast.

Yeah, it’s arcadey, but that doesn’t lessen the fun from the peripherals. In fact, in some ways, it’s more fun than a pure sim because of how forgiving it is, and how easy it is to bounce from activity to activity.

MadPanda

Banned
This game doesn't have that backstage pass or whatever it was called, where you had some special cars and you bought them for a backstage pass you earned through seasonal activities? It they don't have plans to implement that then I'm disappointed in that regard.

I'm doing seasonal activities and enjoying them a lot but I can't wait to get a series x, those loading times can be long.

sncvsrtoip

My thought after 15h of playing. Great graphics, best in racing game and in my top5 generally tough with some flaws like bad aliasing on foliage and not good draw distance (popup especialy bad in 60fps mode on xsx so I played 30fps). Main problem I have with this series is that whole game feel like very good endgame but lack on main one. I just don't feel much progression and goal. From arcade racing game old nfs underground did it defenitly better. Also apparently bad wheel support so here place for improvement (I played on pad). Car roaster isn't much different than in fh4. Drivatars: good to use machine learning for ai but its not good idea that they behave accordingly to people playing game, after one mission that I should drive close cars they constantly try to ram me. In the end still have good time with title and for sure will still playing on it from time to time. 8/10

Last edited:
That is a C2. Definitely more popular, but it was nice to see the C3 in Forza Motorsport 6 and 7. According to several fan sites, the 1970 Corvette is in this game. Maybe as DLC or something.

I am fresh off Forza Motorsport 6 and 7. I forgot about the lack of a countdown. I played Horizon 4 when it came out, so it has been a few years. So many years, I seem to have forgotten.

My bad, that was the wrong image and my sleepy brain somehow didn't notice I posted a red car and not Tracks. I checked the thread on the way to bed, probably should have just kept going :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: I hope the quad lamp C1 makes it back into the game, it's been one of my go-to cars since FM4. As much as they were kind of turds I wouldn't mind seeing the long nose C3s as well just to really get the whole lineage in there.

The 1970 ZR-1 is in the Forzathon shop right now if you want one, I already finished touching up my livery for it.

SDWEyRs.jpg

My thought after 15h of playing. Great graphics, best in racing game and in my top5 generally tough with some flaws like bad aliasing on foliage and not good draw distance (popup especialy bad in 60fps mode on xsx so I played 30fps). Main problem I have with this series is that whole game feel like very good endgame but lack on main one. I just don't feel much progression and goal. From arcade racing game old nfs underground did it defenitly better. Also apparently bad wheel support so here place for improvement (I played on pad). Car roaster isn't much different than in fh4. Drivatars: good to use machine learning for ai but its not good idea that they behave accordingly to people playing game, after one mission that I should drive close cars they constantly try to ram me. In the end still have good time with title and for sure will still playing on it from time to time. 8/10

I agree with everything you wrote.

The AI especially, I've seen drivatars leave a good racing line to block me, taking themselves out in the process. They aren't NFS Shift levels of assholes, but they make some pretty peculiar choices at times.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Just a heads up for those of you still working through the new season's challenges. There appears to be a typo in the Trailblazer weekly - the one where you need an Unlimited Off-road vehicle - the description indicates you need to do it in 16 seconds which I almost gave up on as it seemed impossible. I then finished it in 24 seconds and got the completion.

Also seems they haven't fixed the "you need one more of" bug yet. The 160mph speed trap in a Porsche in Guanajuato kept telling me I needed one more mph to complete despite going through at 162. This applies to "one more meter" for Danger Signs too. Restarting the game fixes it.

Finally snagged that AMG-Mercedes for the Series reward. Just need about 25 more points for the second car too.

Really love the snow-capped mountain this week!

Man I want the Subaru 22b soooo bad but I absolutely hate having to do the Festival Playlist shit to get it. I don't know if you can directly gift other people cars but my Xbox name is EGGYWEGZ if any kind souls here have an extra one to spare. Love this game!!!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Also seems they haven't fixed the "you need one more of" bug yet. The 160mph speed trap in a Porsche in Guanajuato kept telling me I needed one more mph to complete despite going through at 162. This applies to "one more meter" for Danger Signs too. Restarting the game fixes it.
Thank you! I had no idea this was a bug. I went crazy yesterday with this and never got the completion.

Just a heads up for those of you still working through the new season's challenges. There appears to be a typo in the Trailblazer weekly - the one where you need an Unlimited Off-road vehicle - the description indicates you need to do it in 16 seconds which I almost gave up on as it seemed impossible. I then finished it in 24 seconds and got the completion.

IIRC the time indicated in trailblazer challenges within the Forzathon challenges is time remaining when you cross the finish gate. You have to finish it with 16 seconds or more remaining to complete it.

Man I want the Subaru 22b soooo bad but I absolutely hate having to do the Festival Playlist shit to get it. I don't know if you can directly gift other people cars but my Xbox name is EGGYWEGZ if any kind souls here have an extra one to spare. Love this game!!!

Unfortunately you can't gift cars, you can't even sell them from the garage. You can only give then away at barns but you don't choose specifically who it gets sent to.

Most Forzathon stuff appears later in the Forzathon shop, or as a prize for championships so down the road it might show up but for the time being you're stuck with jumping through the seasonal hoops to get it which is not everyone's cup of tea.

Last edited:

Stuart360

kdEFQNG.jpg

What a beautiful looking screenshot, Christ.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
IIRC the time indicated in trailblazer challenges within the Forzathon challenges is time remaining when you cross the finish gate. You have to finish it with 16 seconds or more remaining to complete it
Well that makes perfect sense. I'm a doofus. I hate Trailblazers so I haven't done much with them yet.

I stand by there being a "one more mph" bug though! I'm not completely crazy!

Well that makes perfect sense. I'm a doofus. I hate Trailblazers so I haven't done much with them yet.

I stand by there being a "one more mph" bug though! I'm not completely crazy!
I was putting trailblazers off as well until this morning, just busted them all out.

also, anyone on PC having Bluetooth xbox controller disconnecting issues? Seems to happen to me at least once every play sesssion.

Rex_DX

Gold Member

This is even more problematic than a Free Candy livery.

In other news I've been messing around with the AMG One and was surprised to discover you can lower the spoiler and flaps with a stick-click. It actually seems to lower the suspension and affect handling/top speed.

Going to have to test some other cars and see if there are similar options. This can't be the only one in the game, right? I know you can drop the top on convertibles though.

Orbital2060

This is even more problematic than a Free Candy livery.

In other news I've been messing around with the AMG One and was surprised to discover you can lower the spoiler and flaps with a stick-click. It actually seems to lower the suspension and affect handling/top speed.

Going to have to test some other cars and see if there are similar options. This can't be the only one in the game, right? I know you can drop the top on convertibles though.
Yeah it lowers the max speed I think - I ran it back and forth on the long highway strip and with the spoiler set up it seemed to stall at the 6th gear while with them down (default mode) the car easily accelerates into a 7th gear and considerable higher velocity. But Im not sure whats going on, after driving it I wanted to read up on the tech doing this because it seemed like it has a separate 7th gear which only kicks in in default modus.

I used the xbox applications app via the MS store to update the Xbox controller and the Bluetooth seems fine… for now.

but
now I have DRIFT questions. Any links to cars, tunes, guides, ect for drifting? I played Mario Kart, NFS:HP, and Asphalt 9 so much, that tap to drift is engrained in my head. I don’t even want to set the world on fire, just get 3 stars on all the drift zones. Any suggestions on “best” cars for this to make it easy as possible? I’ve competed almost everything in game, but have put off drifting until now.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I used the xbox applications app via the MS store to update the Xbox controller and the Bluetooth seems fine… for now.

but
now I have DRIFT questions. Any links to cars, tunes, guides, ect for drifting? I played Mario Kart, NFS:HP, and Asphalt 9 so much, that tap to drift is engrained in my head. I don’t even want to set the world on fire, just get 3 stars on all the drift zones. Any suggestions on “best” cars for this to make it easy as possible? I’ve competed almost everything in game, but have put off drifting until now.
Try the "Hoonicorn" V2 '65 Mustang. HokiHoshi has a good tuning guide for drift builds on YouTube but if you're not into tuning yourself you can find numerous user tunes for it. You can really throw that car around to an almost comical degree and it's gotten me 3 stars and then some pretty easily on all the drift zones I've tried. It struggles a little on dirt though and requires a soft touch on the gas and minimal use of brake if you attempt the dirt drift zones with it.

Edit: with my setup, the sweet spot for good drifting is in second gear but whatever tuning you go with you'll want to stay between about 40-50mph with dips down to 25 at the lowest and keep it in a low enough gear where the back end swings out if you give it some good gas.

Last edited:

Anotherone.gif

"Let's Go Brandon" is now considered as offensive as "Heil Hitler" to certain people.

Just stop sharing designs, there is obviously an issue with the moderators in the game and they have carte blanche with the game. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one decides my video game and cartoon liveries is offensive and wipes my stuff out too.

JayK47

I booted up Forza Horizon 4 to see what my settings were. Same system, same setup, and it feels great with nearly default settings. Force feedback works, everything feels super responsive, sound is fine. Something is definitely up with Forza Horizon 5. They changed the control and sound settings. My force feedback is not working. Between that and the sound, I can't hear or feel the tires. I would be better off using a controller rather than my wheel. I play these games to use the wheel. I can't go back to playing Forza games without a wheel.

JayK47

Tried my wheel on PC just for the hell of it. The 360 wheel never worked on Forza Horizon 4 for some reason and I have read that others were unable to use the 360 wheel for any of the Forza titles on PC. So I went in with low expectations. Surprisingly the wheel sort of works on PC. I still need keyboard for some things, but it works while you are driving at least. Still no force feedback.

I see the 70 Corvette in the Forzathon shop. I do not have Forza bucks or whatever. I am unable to buy it at the moment and the auction prices are rediculous. I tried to win a few bids but there are too many people fighting for it at the last minute and you chances of getting one are low there. Lame.

Wizz-Art

I actually had the luck of finding a session with about 8 others yesterday. Thats the first time I’ve had that. Normally it’s just me on my lonesome. I hope they sort it out soon because people will be buying diddly squat from the Forzathon shop due to lack of points.

In a perfect world there should be over 60 players roaming the map at any one time. At the moment you might see one or two in your immediate vicinity but that’s it.

Finally finished a complete Forza Arcade, actually the group sticked together after the first one and we did finish a second one right after!

Maybe lucky, or people are finally wising up?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Trying to knock out some accolades as I'm clearing the map and I'm working on the "win x number of races against unbeatable drivatars."

Street races and dirt races have been manageable so far with the right car/tuning being essential, but good god the road races on unbeatable actually seem to be unbeatable. You start at the back of the grid in 12th place and I'm lucky to fight my way into 4th let alone actually catch up to the leader. Doesn't help these races are under 3 minutes.

Anyone have any tips for unbeatable road races?

I see the 70 Corvette in the Forzathon shop. I do not have Forza bucks or whatever. I am unable to buy it at the moment and the auction prices are rediculous. I tried to win a few bids but there are too many people fighting for it at the last minute and you chances of getting one are low there. Lame.

Check the other cars in your garage in the Upgrades and tuning menu, you can unlock many of their mastery trees to get some Forzathon points. I only had 290 points but wanted the Corvette so I just unlocked some bonus points that way after farming skill points for a little bit.

JayK47

In spite of the control issues, I am having fun with this. There is too much to do. They unlock new races way too quickly. Tried the battle royal and it was stupid. They threw everything at this game.

It may be a while before I can afford a C3. In the meantime I won the C2 and a Monty Carlo. Been racing those. Awesome cars. Always enjoyed the barn finds. The GMC Jimmy is a top heavy gem.

Top Bottom