• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 previews

twilo99

Wait why would I want to buy the game if its on gamepass? Is there something worth having in the paid edition of the game?

Wait why would I want to buy the game if its on gamepass? Is there something worth having in the paid edition of the game?
Gamepass gives you the base game. You can then get the premium add-on for 44.95 (typically 99.99 for the whole game) and get all the benefits. Play on Nov 5th, the 2 expansions, etc.

twilo99

Gamepass gives you the base game. You can then get the premium add-on for 44.95 (typically 99.99 for the whole game) and get all the benefits. Play on Nov 5th, the 2 expansions, etc.

Oh, I see.. I'll probably stick with the base game which is looking really good so far.

MrFunSocks

Banned
yeah same! but forking out 800$ for a console for only one game is a bit scary for me lol
The series S exists and isn't $800. You should subscribe to game pass ultimate for a month and try it via cloud gaming on your phone or tablet or pc just to see if you like it, then decide if you want to buy a console.

Last edited:

twilo99

The series S exists and isn't $800. You should subscribe to game pass ultimate for a month and try it via cloud gaming on your phone or tablet or pc just to see if you like it, then decide if you want to buy a console.

The entry fee into the xbox ecosystem is very low thanks to the xs

The sounds have improved so much. Pops and bangs from the exhaust pop and bang. Supercharger whine from NPC cars can be heard in the distance and the idle sounds are actually audible.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I just watched a 4k upload of performance mode and quality mode side to side and I'm worried now about the Series X performance mode resolution.

Do we know what it is exactly? The quality mode looked much sharper and you could tell graphical quality was quite a bit better as well. No way am I playing this at 30 fps though. Anyone else disappointed after these previews of the image quality?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Map seems to be HUGE. I would love to see thematical expansions that focus on specific car culture element.

For example, a NFS Underground type of expansions with crazy customization options, night time driving and phonk radio station.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I just watched a 4k upload of performance mode and quality mode side to side and I'm worried now about the Series X performance mode resolution.

Do we know what it is exactly? The quality mode looked much sharper and you could tell graphical quality was quite a bit better as well. No way am I playing this at 30 fps though. Anyone else disappointed after these previews of the image quality?
Doubling the frame rate of an open-world game is going to come with resolution and graphical sacrifices, we’ve known this forever.

I’m hoping for a dynamic resolution in performance mode on Series X with a median resolution around 1440p. If it’s more like 1200p then that wouldn’t be ideal but I’ll live. 1080p and I’d probably just stick with quality mode, but I seriously doubt it’s that low TBH.

This game is beautiful and Mexico is beautiful.
Just seen some youtube videos of the Mexican countryside and good grief this place is stunning.
Hats off to PlayGround Games on how they captured Mexico. I can't wait to dive into this next month ❤

Danknugz

Wish Playground would add VR to the PC release either way looking forward to it
agreed. unfortunately i have a feeling they are too concerned with making sure it looks perfect (in screenshots, reviews, youtube etc) and VR just destroys that objective

Last edited:
Top Bottom