• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Coming in 2023 | New Details Revealed

I'll believe it when I see it in the wild, not just on curated demo videos.

Something tells me there's going to be some very disappointed people when it actually comes out.
Why would you have any reason to doubt what they said? Turn 10 has a history of delivering and pushing tech forward.

Nemesisuuu

Spa Francorchamps
Laguna Seca
Kyalami
Suzuka
Maple Valley
Hakone? Fictional?
Mid Ohio - at least looks like it?

ddq5UBF.jpg

Nydius

Why would you have any reason to doubt what they said? Turn 10 has a history of delivering and pushing tech forward.
Why would you have any reason to believe them when the industry has a long, storied history of showing things only for them to be downgraded at release?

If you think you're going to be pushing 4K/60 with real time RT in every race on the XSX hardware, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

PC, maybe.
XSX? Sacrifices will be made.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
The game looks amazing.

Annoying AF that we still don't have a date. Stop talking about it and give me a fucking date.

I have a feeling the date is in limbo until they are sure of when Starfield will launch.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Still no DLSS or TAA... booo!
jk :messenger_grinning_squinting:
They better have those ready at launch after such a long dev time, it looked like they where using FSR2 or something. The IQ needs to be much much better on pc ;).

I'll believe it when I see it in the wild, not just on curated demo videos.

Something tells me there's going to be some very disappointed people when it actually comes out.
There are literally gameplay snippets where you can clearly see the RT reflections. Even the AI cars have RT reflections and reflect each other also.
1.jpg

2.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
yeah well. from that off-screen video we saw? GT7 looked like a PS3 game.

thankfully its off-screen like I said, so there is a chance it actually looks much better ( or worse where we can see all the jaggies in all its glory and shit
It uses foveated eye tracking rendering. You won't see that in your peripherals like you would staring at the full scene in 2D. Remember when VRS was the bees knees when select trolls acted like it was platform exclusive? Similar concept.

Last edited:
Why would you have any reason to believe them when the industry has a long, storied history of showing things only for them to be downgraded at release?

If you think you're going to be pushing 4K/60 with real time RT in every race on the XSX hardware, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

PC, maybe.
I have no reason to doubt the developer given their history but also I didn't put much stock into what was said either. My enjoyment of this game doesn't hinge on a few check the box features. If they were being truthful thats great if they weren't I probably won't notice until DF does a 4x zoom to count pixels and tells us all the game isn't native 4K.

Catphish

Yeah I dunno.

If someone says, "built from the ground up" one more time, I'm gonna throw my cat at them.

The video felt very uninspired. Just a bunch of people obviously reading off a very familiar script.

And the entire thing was focused on the superfluous; car visuals, audio, and tracks. Not a fucking peep about the driving model (though it was pretty obvious there isn't much of a damage model aside from minor dents), the AI, or game modes.

It's a fucking racing game! Perhaps chat a little about the racing in your racing game!

I want it to be good but, if this reveal video is any indication, I don't think it'll be much different from past Forzas which, after almost 20 years, is getting pretty goddamned stale.

Last edited:
Yeah I dunno.

If someone says, "built from the ground up" one more time, I'm gonna throw my cat at them.

The video felt very uninspired. Just a bunch of people obviously reading off a very familiar script.

And the entire thing was focused on the superfluous; car visuals, audio, and tracks. Not a fucking peep about the driving model (though it was pretty obvious there isn't much of a damage model aside from minor dents), the AI, or game modes.

It's a fucking racing game! Perhaps chat a little about the racing in your racing game!

I want it to be good but, if this reveal video is any indication, I don't think it'll be much different from past Forzas which, after almost 20 years, is getting pretty goddamned stale.
It probably has something to do with the in-depth look being tomorrow.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Anyone have any recommendations on a good racing wheel to be used with this game?

I’m thinking about going all in on this.

Riky

$MSFT
4k 60fps and RT in game, that's a massive leap for console gaming. Helped by being next gen only and probably using Tier 2 VRS plumbed into the engine from the start, maybe the first game with SFS. We should find out more tomorrow.
Nobody should really doubt their track record though, they delivered even on Xbox One.

Hugare

It is an absolutely enormous leap over the last game.

Noticeable during replays, but during gameplay I dont think its that big of a jump when going fast

As I said, FH 5 looks more impressive, imo.

The different environments, being able to race on a jungle, desert, volcano, inside a city and etc. is so much more visually interesting than the same old closed race tracks

Lighting model is not a huge leap compared to other racing games that we have on the market today.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It uses foveated eye tracking rendering. You won't see that in your peripherals like you would staring at the full scene in 2D. Remember when VRS was the bees knees when select trolls acted like it was platform exclusive? Similar concept.
Helped by being next gen only and probably using Tier 2 VRS plumbed into the engine from the start,
If You Say So Shrug GIF

Last edited:
Looks good but not a big enough racing fan to go in on both GT7 and Forza

Especially with GT7 getting VR support

I’ll probably give forza a whirl but not much more

Turk1993

Yeah I dunno.

I want it to be good but, if this reveal video is anything indication, I don't think it'll be much different from past Forzas which, after almost 20 years, is getting pretty goddamned stale.
They have literally talked about the improved physics and driving model. They even said that the improvements on the physics where bigger than 5,6 and 7 combined
"Cars drive better in Forza Motorsport thanks to the advancements we’ve made in our physics simulation, which are greater than Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and 7 combined." They will go more in depth tomorow and up coming streams.

Nemesisuuu

That pic looks like the last corner before the uphill section at the start of Sonoma Raceway.
Trackside buildings look like Mid Ohio, Sonoma doesn't have grass by the walls on start/finish line. I'll maybe check out some videos of Mid Ohio. This would be first appearance in console game.

PC, maybe.
I believe Turn 10 over you. Same thing happens every game. Many, usually people who don’t even play Forza, claim that the graphics/resolution aren’t possible. And Turn 10 always delivers what they claim.

LoveCake

Has this been built from the ground up or is it still based on the previous games, which caused so many of the issues on FM7?
I play both FH5 & GT7 and I think the latter with VR2 has stolen the hype for FM, I have not played FM7 for years now.
It wouldn't surprise me if this is the last Motorsport game and it just gets updated continually over years, it going to be on GP so the cost doesn't really matter but I have fallen out of love with Forza since FH5 has come out, it's just the same thing over and over again, I guess I have just got tired of it.

Has this been built from the ground up or is it still based on the previous games, which caused so many of the issues on FM7?
I play both FH5 & GT7 and I think the latter with VR2 has stolen the hype for FM, I have not played FM7 for years now.
It wouldn't surprise me if this is the last Motorsport game and it just gets updated continually over years, it going to be on GP so the cost doesn't really matter but I have fallen out of love with Forza since FH5 has come out, it's just the same thing over and over again, I guess I have just got tired of it.
From what I understand the reason it's been in development so long is because they rewrote the entire engine.

LostDonkey

Trackside buildings look like Mid Ohio, Sonoma doesn't have grass by the walls on start/finish line. I'll maybe check out some videos of Mid Ohio. This would be first appearance in console game.
Yeah good spot, I thought the pit lane on the left looked like Sonoma.

Mid Ohio isn't a track I'm familiar with.

Kvally

Banned
Yeah I dunno.

Maybe watch the deep drive tomorrow?

Turk1993

Are you getting them confused with Playground?

Do we remember the cardboard people memes, etc, last gen?
Yeah that was the first wtf is this shit moment on that game, but they didn't forget that apparently lol
"With all the cutting-edge visuals, including tens of thousands of fully animated 3D spectators, each player will feel immersed in the spectacle of racing."

Catphish

They have literally talked about the improved physics and driving model. They even said that the improvements on the physics where bigger than 5,6 and 7 combined
"Cars drive better in Forza Motorsport thanks to the advancements we’ve made in our physics simulation, which are greater than Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and 7 combined." They will go more in depth tomorow and up coming streams.
The video said nothing substantial. Saying something is better without backing it up is meaningless.

If they show more tomorrow, great. But I'm talking about that video, which did not.

Riky

$MSFT
I wonder if they'll talk about the Series S version tomorrow, they seem to be saying it will have in game RT as well which would be an incredible feat.
The game looks amazing and I'm sure the RT will be ramped up further in Forza Vista.

Top Bottom