• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Details From Director Livestream: Revamped Career, RT During Gameplay, Fully Dynamic ToD

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

- the most dynamic Forza experience yet; weather, time-of-day, track temperature, tire compounds, fuel, building rubber on track, pitting strategy etc. change the flow of a race over time
- new tracks created by the studio have great gameplay as a priority, then visuals
- the cars confirmed so far hint at the focus of the whole game: a focus on actual Motorsport
- a lot of cars "new to Forza", will get more in detail over time
- most systems in the game built from the ground up, more details coming in future Forza Monthly, tons of new things
- Xbox Series X|S allowing the best Forza driving experience yet, "deep simulation of driving physics", completely revamped yet still "Forza feel"
- fully dynamic time-of-day affecting gameplay, accurate sun position on real tracks - much more detailed scratches and dirt building

Edit: removing the wall of tweets, copying the relevant text but keeping 2 in so people can go to source.

Edit 2: RTGI has also been confirmed during non game play modes. Game play will have RT reflections and other modes will have full RTGI (replays etc).

Edit 3: 4K / 60 FPS presentation confirmed:

Last edited:

Digfox

Apologies if this has been covered but is this going to be game + DLC like previous Forza games? Or will this be more of a live service with battle passes or premium currency etc?

Not sure if anything has been said on this front.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

- the most dynamic Forza experience yet; weather, time-of-day, track temperature, tire compounds, fuel, building rubber on track, pitting strategy etc. change the flow of a race over time
- new tracks created by the studio have great gameplay as a priority, then visuals
- the cars confirmed so far hint at the focus of the whole game: a focus on actual Motorsport
- a lot of cars "new to Forza", will get more in detail over time
- most systems in the game built from the ground up, more details coming in future Forza Monthly, tons of new things
- Xbox Series X|S allowing the best Forza driving experience yet, "deep simulation of driving physics", completely revamped yet still "Forza feel"
- fully dynamic time-of-day affecting gameplay, accurate sun position on real tracks - much more detailed scratches and dirt building

Edit: removing the wall of tweets, copying the relevant text but keeping 2 in so people can go to source.
They have also confirmed RT during the gameplay and RTGI in the rest of the modes (replays?). All circuits have been created again with photogrammetry and scaner.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He seemed to suggest that all those features are on Series S as well, be incredible to see real time RT in game on a Series S, hope that's the case.
The part about 8 contact points per tyre sounded like a massive leap over last gen racers.
You do realize "last gen racers" include iRacing and the like, yeah?

Darsxx82

So RT reflections in gameplay and RTGI in replays?

Nice!
He said "in the rest of modes" or something similar... It is not 100% clear that it refers to Replays as well. That said, if the replays are at 30fps it could be plausible.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Haven't played a Forza Motorsport title since 3.

Hoping the career is much improved over how it was then.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Maybe they will do 1440p with full rt at 60 fps, and native 4k without rt at 60 fps? I mean, i will be amazed if they can manage native 4k at 60fps with full ray tracing on a series x

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's a niche PC game with a subscrption service that i think very few here plays...it's even more niche then assetto Corsa i think....
Ok, and? There are several PC sim racing rigs that are still king of the roost over console IPs and are many years old. It's still in the sim racing category/genre.

Either way, looking forward to more info next year on this (unless they do something later this year).

Last edited:

Tunned

I'm really looking forward to this game, so much so it's going to be a reintroduction for me to the series since 4, after which I switched to Horizon. Hell I might just build a new RTX4xxx rig for this game... Hmmm

Kacho

Gold Member
I'm really looking forward to this game, so much so it's going to be a reintroduction for me to the series since 4, after which I switched to Horizon. Hell I might just build a new RTX4xxx rig for this game... Hmmm
If you plan to use a wheel I’d definitely go the PC route

You do realize "last gen racers" include iRacing and the like, yeah?
I think a lot of ppl read "iRacing" and immediately think... mobile game. When really it is pretty much the more realistic racing game there is out there. I've seen these dudes with their setups... so hardcore!

Last edited:

Tunned

If you plan to use a wheel I’d definitely go the PC route
I'm a huge racing game fan, but nowhere close to being a hardcore one since I have pretty much always played with a controller (even sims). I have been toying with the idea of getting a DD wheel for years now, problem is I don't have the space for a proper setup.

skyfinch

I hope they bring back all of their original tracks, not just Maple Valley.
As someone also mentioned in this thread, a mode with raytracing turned off would be nice too.

Top Bottom