• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport images from 2021 Xbox One playtest

Well… we will know for sure in June.

Can’t believe cross gen games are still releasing in 2022, This sucks for early adopters of the new consoles but early adopters alway gets screwed lol

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Well… we will know for sure in June.

Can’t believe cross gen games are still releasing in 2022, This sucks for early adopters of the new consoles but early adopters alway gets screwed lol

Two years into a gen and major first party games being released cross gen is a little frustrating but has anyone experienced anything like we have in the last two years with Covid? it has been an absolute shit show and I don't blame anyone really. As long as the games are good and play well with great current gen performance then I'm good.

God of war will be releasing cross gen and that's a major action game that could have done some amazing shit if it was just targeting PS5 but we all know it will still play amazingly well. If we hit 2023 and the big heavy hitters are still cross gen then I think we can all feel a little skanked. haha

Two years into a gen and major first party games being released cross gen is a little frustrating but has anyone experienced anything like we have in the last two years with Covid? it has been an absolute shit show and I don't blame anyone really. As long as the games are good and play well with great current gen performance then I'm good.

God of war will be releasing cross gen and that's a major action game that could have done some amazing shit if it was just targeting PS5 but we all know it will still play amazingly well. If we hit 2023 and the big heavy hitters are still cross gen then I think we can all feel a little skanked. haha
All Microsoft first party are current generation only now. This is just a stress test using a barebones version. At the showcase we'll all see why this is not cross gen, I'm expecting a big leap from anything we've seen so far in the racing genre.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What's an actual good price for a One S?

In my work they have an old one they found in the warehouse they're trying to sell on clearance for 250 quid and everytime I see it I think how you can get a Series S for not much more
£250!? That was the price of one new for the last 3 years of its life and they went on sale on Black Friday for £160-180 all the time.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
All Microsoft first party are current generation only now. This is just a stress test using a barebones version. At the showcase we'll all see why this is not cross gen, I'm expecting a big leap from anything we've seen so far in the racing genre.

I dunno man, these consoles arent that amazing even though I love them. I bet the cars look close to GT7 but the environments look better and that will be it. Just my opinion.

More than happy to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:
I dunno man, these consoles arent that amazing even though I love them. I bet the cars look close to GT7 but the environments look better and that will be it. Just my opinion.

More than happy to be proven wrong though.
They need to work on lighting. FM7 was very hit and miss in that department. Sometimes it looked stunning. Other times it looked flat.

ZywyPL

Banned
They need to work on lighting. FM7 was very hit and miss in that department. Sometimes it looked stunning. Other times it looked flat.

I think it has more to do with the paint coating than the actual light tech, PD is simply unmatched on that department and they do really REALLY put a huge emphasis on that aspect, that's why the cars in-game look so good, and look life-like during the replays and photomode.

Riky

$MSFT
From Chris Esaki the Creative Director:

Q: What platforms will I be able to play Forza Motorsport on?
A: Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360052205493-Forza-Motorsport-Announcement

You can play on Xbox One via Cloud Streaming I presume, I seriously doubt they are going to invest in a new engine and not target Series consoles which have technology even Xbox One X doesn't have.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dear Mods,

Can I get a one day ban pass if this turns out to be true. I have a big rant building up inside me, and it is going to target a lot of people. Fans of both sides are going to be mass reporting me so I need some guarantees I wont be offed.

Thanks,
SuicidalSnake

Shmunter

Dear Mods,

Can I get a one day ban pass if this turns out to be true. I have a big rant building up inside me, and it is going to target a lot of people. Fans of both sides are going to be mass reporting me so I need some guarantees I wont be offed.

Thanks,
SuicidalSnake
What do you mean Slimy?

I’m just waiting for the opportunity to yell out Snake..? Snake!?! SNAAAAAKE!

tommib

Dear Mods,

Thanks,
SuicidalSnake
Snake,

Honestly, if the game comes with native 4K/60fps with raytracing wouldn’t that be a massive leap from last gen. Who cares about an inferior version existing for lower spec hardware. I’m sure they’ll bring the goods. Forza games always look and play awesome. Look at GT7. I don’t know if you play it, but it’s so enjoyable and looks stunning with the fusion of light all over the screen and dashboard. So fluid.

Is it that hard to scale down a version from a native next-gen game. Isn’t that what PC games are all about?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Snake,

Honestly, if the game comes with native 4K/60fps with raytracing wouldn’t that be a massive leap from last gen. Who cares about an inferior version existing for lower spec hardware. I’m sure they’ll bring the goods. Forza games always look and play awesome. Look at GT7. I don’t know if you play it, but it’s so enjoyable and looks stunning with the fusion of light all over the screen and dashboard. So fluid.

Is it that hard to scale down a version from a native next-gen game. Is that what PC games are all about?
That’s just added layers of glitz. Games can do so much more with increased processing.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Snake,

Is it that hard to scale down a version from a native next-gen game. Isn’t that what PC games are all about?
It’s not the graphics from what I remember reading somewhere it’s the physics in game that is pushing the Series consoles.

I would have to look but something along the lines of this new Motorsports title is doing more physics calculations than all the other Motorsports titles combined, I would have to look up exactly how they worded it.

I am not going to stress out if the game is cross gen but personally I buy these new $500 boxes to experience all they have to offer, I do believe in generations :)

Last edited:

tommib

It’s not the graphics from what I remember reading somewhere it’s the physics in game that is pushing the Series consoles.

I would have to look but something along the lines of this new Motorsports title is doing more physics calculations than all the other Motorsports titles combined, it would have to look up exactly how they worded it.

I am not going to stress out if the game is cross gen but personally I buy these new $500 boxes to experience all they have to offer, I do believe in generations :)
Let’s indeed hope it’s next gen and blows everything out of the water then. I’ll be done with GT7 when it comes out. :D

Last edited:

Shmunter

But isn’t a lot of that processing for native 4K and higher frame rates?
Higher framerates can stress the cpu draw calls, but rez is entirely GPU. But a 60 budget for racers is the baseline since forever for racers so nothing extra here in reality.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dear Mods,

Thanks,
SuicidalSnake

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

tommib

Yes, but FH5 is objectively a much bigger and complex game world so it makes sense the streaming on old HDD wouldn't keep up. They say as much in the video.
I was just replying to this assumption that racers have been 60 fps for years now on consoles. Which they haven’t.

Why would they waste time doing a stress time on the Xbox one when they plan to only put it on the series consoles? Idk, man… I think it’s a good idea to just lower expectations

You can play on Xbox One via Cloud Streaming I presume, I seriously doubt they are going to invest in a new engine and not target Series consoles which have technology even Xbox One X doesn't have.
Xcloud isn’t great right now but the potential is there. I tried playing NFS heat last weekend using xcloud on the series X and the game would not even start.

So I could see them trying to do cross gen until xcloud is running better.

Riky

$MSFT
I've had no problem starting games, once the service was really busy and I got a message saying I was in a queue but that was it.
Maybe it will come put of beta around this showcase, some people were saying it could be extended to any game you own a licence for and not just Gamepass games.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
What makes me more exciting for this game is that all the power difference between the One X and Series X will be used to anything other than 4K60. Since FM7 was already running 4k60, they have now more than double the gpu power, quaddriple the cpu power and a much much faster ssd to use it all on upgrading the graphics, upgrading the physics, even a 120fps mode maybe and much much more. And without the shitty Xbox One they are not limited like last gen!

I think it has more to do with the paint coating than the actual light tech, PD is simply unmatched on that department and they do really REALLY put a huge emphasis on that aspect, that's why the cars in-game look so good, and look life-like during the replays and photomode.
Its actually both, GT7 material shaders and lighting are second to none. And by the looks of it now Turn 10 also focuses on those areas and make everything look more real than before. This is what they said 8 months ago
"
With the new Forza Motorsport, ray tracing is coming to ForzaTech, you will see a dynamic world in 4K, 60fps, that is connected and dynamic – from surfaces of cars reflecting off each other, to brilliant red paint bouncing off intensely detailed track surfaces, and the interplay of light and shadow throughout the world. Developed by Turn 10 Studios, Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass."

Forza Motorsport always lacked the realistic lighting and material shaders compared to GT, but now they step up there game in those catagories. I can't wait to see what they have been cooking for the last 5 years. This is the first time they got more than 2 years for a game which is super exciting and give them finally the time to make something special.

What makes me more exciting for this game is that all the power difference between the One X and Series X will be used to anything other than 4K60. Since FM7 was already running 4k60, they have now more than double the gpu power, quaddriple the cpu power and a much much faster ssd to use it all on upgrading the graphics, upgrading the physics, even a 120fps mode maybe and much much more. And without the shitty Xbox One they are not limited like last gen!

Its actually both, GT7 material shaders and lighting are second to none. And by the looks of it now Turn 10 also focuses on those areas and make everything look more real than before. This is what they said 8 months ago
"
With the new Forza Motorsport, ray tracing is coming to ForzaTech, you will see a dynamic world in 4K, 60fps, that is connected and dynamic – from surfaces of cars reflecting off each other, to brilliant red paint bouncing off intensely detailed track surfaces, and the interplay of light and shadow throughout the world. Developed by Turn 10 Studios, Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass."

Forza Motorsport always lacked the realistic lighting and material shaders compared to GT, but now they step up there game in those catagories. I can't wait to see what they have been cooking for the last 5 years. This is the first time they got more than 2 years for a game which is super exciting and give them finally the time to make something special.
It's gonna be a sight to behold.

Top Bottom