• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport is launching next Spring on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass (Xbox, PC, Cloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Big improvements

XEpwIdi.jpg

Stuart360

Big improvements

XEpwIdi.jpg

The screen is a bit dodgy, but the video is a level above on the new game. In fact i didnt even realize how many 2D trees Forza 7 had until i saw this comparison.

My only worry with this game is with them basically starting fresh, how many coiurses will there be.Turn 10 have been a bit shitty in regards to the amount of tracks in some past Forza games.

Turk1993

The screen is a bit dodgy, but the video is a level above on the new game. In fact i didnt even realize how many 2D trees Forza 7 had until i saw this comparison.

My only worry with this game is with them basically starting fresh, how many coiurses will there be.Turn 10 have been a bit shitty in regards to the amount of tracks in some past Forza games.
Problem back then was that they had to release a game every 2 year, now they have more than 5 years and a console thats as easy as the last one to make games on. Also the track where laser scanned after 5 so they are accurate as it gets, they just need to up the details.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Nothing more hilarious than seeing console warriors spazzing out about minute details they will never see in the actual races, y’know - the main gameplay of a racing game?

I need to see a lot more of this game, but for now it looks utterly soulless. What sets it apart from them previous games other than the promises of “better physics” and celebrating… Tiny grass that I will never, Ever see?

Turk1993

is it tho?

Lol you start this shit again with that guys account ha? You are comparing a real time in game shot vs a photo from photomode rendered in 10 sec. You are havin a hard time i see, just ignore the Forza threads or you will be banned if you get triggered about this game.
GT7 ray tracing only in replay mode & photo mode and not real time right?
yes correct and its not even close to that in real time in the replays, and funny enough he tries to hide the environment that guy he posted (Biggest GT fanboy ever, look it up on GTP)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nothing more hilarious than seeing console warriors spazzing out about minute details they will never see in the actual races, y’know - the main gameplay of a racing game?

I need to see a lot more of this game, but for now it looks utterly soulless. What sets it apart from them previous games other than the promises of “better physics” and celebrating… Tiny grass that I will never, Ever see?

Man, spare your energy. A one page glance and my simpleton hump isn fulled for a year ffs

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I have been removed from the thread for petty and infantile console warring.
Lol you start this shit again with that guys account ha? You are comparing a real time in game shot vs a photo from photomode rendered in 10 sec. You are havin a hard time i see, just ignore the Forza threads or you will be banned if you get triggered about this game.

yes correct and its not even close to that in real time in the replays, and funny enough he tries to hide the environment that guy he posted (Biggest GT fanboy ever, look it up on GTP)
i mean you are the one getting triggered lol
all i see is a bunch of hyperbole. whos bringing gt to this thread?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Man, spare your energy.

Not much energy needed in discussing games, my dude.

In terms of graphics, which i'm pretty sure he was on about, what else are you suposed to look at in a racing game?

Typically in a racing game, the most important aspects are the:
1.) Physics of the cars.
2.) Physics of the Tracks
3.) Progression of the career/franchise mode.

Graphics, especially over the last generation, really mean *nothing* for racing games. They all look fantastic. GT, Project Cars, Forza, F1, etc. The only people who genuinely try to push graphics as the most important thing in racing games are warriors Literally looking for pixel differences. Its pathetic.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
In terms of graphics, which i'm pretty sure he was on about, what else are you suposed to look at in a racing game?

Graphics ofcourse. Who cares about physics and a plethora of details that bring a racing racing game to life. It's about graphics brah

Stuart360

1.) Physics of the cars.

Graphics, especially over the last generation, really mean *nothing* for racing games. They all look fantastic. GT, Project Cars, Forza, F1, etc. The only people who genuinely try to push graphics as the most important thing in racing games are warriors Literally looking for pixel differences. Its pathetic.
The poster i replied to, was himself replying to a guy talking about graphics.
Of course handling and physics etc are the most importnat part of a racing game, or any game really, but that isnt what the conversation was.

Turk1993

i mean you are the one getting triggered lol
all i see is a bunch of hyperbole. whos bringing gt to this thread?
Yet you are the one posting random real time vs photomode shots from a troll account. And what is so hyperbole about what he said, all he said was that GT is cross gen and Forza is current gen only which is true. You also started moaning about that people posted photomode shots and that there where people complaining in the GT7 thread about them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The poster i replied to, was himself replying to a guy talking about graphics.
Of course handling and physics etc are the most importnat part of a racing game, or any game really, but that isnt what the conversation was.

Sorry, I had misunderstood what you meant when you stated “What else are you supposed to look at in a racing game?” Thought you meant more generally, not literally *looking* at/visuals.

Turk1993

Sorry, I had misunderstood what you meant when you stated “What else are you supposed to look at in a racing game?” Thought you meant more generally, not literally *looking* at/visuals.
They are gonna talk about the physics, carreer mode, features and other things in the coming months in the monthly Forza stream just like they did with Forza Horizon 5. They have already planed the first one on June 16th.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They are gonna talk about the physics, carreer mode, features and other things in the coming months in the monthly Forza stream just like they did with Forza Horizon 5. They have already planed the first one on June 16th.

I feel that was a poor choice. This presentation did absolutely nothing for me to get me excited. Hopefully they go much more in-depth on the changes to trakc physics and how time of day effect it.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

1.) Physics of the cars.

Yeah..haven't been said a million times before.

Turk1993

I feel that was a poor choice. This presentation did absolutely nothing for me to get me excited. Hopefully they go much more in-depth on the changes to trakc physics and how time of day effect it.
Yeah they could show some more stuff about the actual racing and driving in this game but its easier to "WOW" the general public with pretty graphics on there new engine.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah they could show some more stuff about the actual racing and driving in this game but its easier to "WOW" the general public with pretty graphics on there new engine.

Oh, I get *why* they did it. Just as a fan of the franchise (at least a fan of 1-4, really hated 5 and 6 and was rather disgusted with 7’s initial MTX), I wanted *more*. I wanted them to give me a reason to be excited again. But I guess I just have to wait for the other streams. Someone should make a Forza Motorsport Community OT to compile all the new info As it comes out.

Sony made a mistake with that. And with the way polyphony operates we won't get a gt8 until ps6 launches.

Glad ms went current gen so early (well not that early) this gen
Can Polyphony remake GT7 as a next gen only title kinda like TLOU Remake Part 1 i bet it would take them only 5 years to make that wile a GT8 for them would take 8 years at least lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

John Wick

Forza Motosport does indeed look stunning. The extra time has allowed Turn 10 to get the best out of the series consoles. Also with no cross-gen holding the game back it does shine.
It's now down to PD to respond with something even better.

For me, as much as it is about the actual game, it's also about the Forzatech 2.0 engine and what it can do.
This is the first engine to take advantage of all the Direct X 12 Ultimate and RDNA2 feature set.
Mesh shaders, Sampler Feedback Streaming, Direct Storage, VRS, SSD amongst others.
To compare what this engine can do vs the old Forzatech engine is interesting.
Comparing FH5 on the old engine vs FM on the new one we see a ton of upgrades.
There is reduced pop in and LOD due to taking advantage of the Velocity Architecture. There is a far higher fidelity in the environments and cars.
Then the ability to add full in game Ray Tracing in top of that at 60FPS is ridiculous. There is a reason both FH5 and GT7 couldn't do it, even with far less impressive visuals and physics. It's all about that engine.

GenericUser

I'm happy, as long as:

- they don't go full scam turismo with the micro transactions
- they drastically improve the a.i.
- they make upgrading/tuning your car a bigger part in the campaign. There was no real reason to dive into customization in FM7, the game automatically did everything for you..

I think everything else (except the graphics, obviously) was already great in FM7. I still play it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom