• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport is launching next Spring on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass (Xbox, PC, Cloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Holy shit at the 4K trailer.
giphy.gif

Rockman33

Jesus, i thought the game loked nice in the show at a shitty bittrate, but this 4k vid, wow.

Its a shame they cant offer 4k high bitrate live streams of these shows, for the people with the hardware and internet to support it.
It’s crazy that mixer had 4K livestream when that was still a thing.

Vognerful

I can't remember if it was Forza 6 or 7, but when you wanted to check a group of races or a car manufacturer, you would one of the original top gear guys narrate its history. I hope the bring it here.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Not big into racing sims but damn the new engine looks impressive.

Loved the very subtle nod of 3D vegetation lmao.
Made me laugh. I thought they must read Gaf nextgen racing faceoff thread, all the little things we would debate/argue in some cases.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This wont compete with any gamer other than the graphic whores. Their style of presentation is always the same.

Most technically advanced racing game. Graphics maybe. Racing model? I somehow doubt it.

Fuck off with this shit.

Possibly the second worst take on this forum recently. Only “nobody cares about Quake” tops it.

😅😅😅

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Made me laugh. I thought they must read Gaf nextgen racing faceoff thread, all the little things we would debate/argue in some cases.
You could feel they wanted to say something like « real three dimensional vegetation, not scanned photos of broccoli » but they decided it was too much.

Having watched the 4K version now I can say that this is the most impressive footage I have ever seen for a racing game and maybe even a game in general. Mind blowing stuff.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Who fucking cares I bet you don't own the game.

Yes No?

Because the same very active people in this thread were shitting all over GT7 photomode in the official GT7 topic/best racing game thread. And now they are defending this….

You're literally comparing in-game with replay mode here. Come on man.

Anyway.

T10 put up a very exhaustive blog entry, worth an interesting read:

All these marketing shots from FM are also photomode shots or from replays. There was just a little bit of gameplay and the rest was from replays the shot.

Last edited:
I knew it was better, but I didn't think it was this much better. I remember FM7 looking much better.
I also remember FM7 looking way better to
But after seeing what a true next gen only racing game looks like
The environmental details is just on another level

John Wick

We probably won’t see GT8 until the PS6. They’re already running GT7 like a live service game with the updates they‘re doing.
Maybe but with Sony having this fucking mad obsession with remakes who's to say they won't do a PS5 GT7 built ground up?

John Wick

the reflection detail is actually astonishing given the hardware.
and especially given that they plan on having this on during gameplay, supposedly locked to 60fps at all times given their track record
Until we see it who knows? Maybe the PC version will run 4k@60fps with RT on? Let's wait and see and see the finished game.

It’s more impressive in motion; From 0:26 to 0:30 in the trailer the color changes from the lighting (macro and micro level) on the car on the left was hands down the best shit I’ve ever seen. No tech demo bullshit, just an actual fucking video game 🔥
Yeah they've really knocked it out of the park with this! Actually shows how good T10 are when given a decent development time. The GT7 comparisons are pointless as one is a real leap from last generation and the other is simply a last generation game.

Banned
Until we see it who knows? Maybe the PC version will run 4k@60fps with RT on? Let's wait and see and see the finished game.

well I'm not expecting 4K60, I expect a dynamic resolution at 60fps. most likely with a toggle to turn off RT in order to keep the resolution higher

And it shows. My god it shows.
Yeah and it's not a dig at GT7 although Dan from T10 did with the "raytracing on track" line. PD were shackled by last generation tech and not enough time to redo the tracks, physics, lighting etc That really show what these new consoles are capable of.

reksveks

well I'm not expecting 4K60, I expect a dynamic resolution at 60fps. most likely with a toggle to turn off RT in order to keep the resolution higher
On the top end pc gpu's, I think it might be 4k60 especially if they are able to lean into FSR/DLSS.

I do wonder if T10 will try to make the fidelity of the RT reflections dynamic.

TBiddy

Yeah and it's not a dig at GT7 although Dan from T10 did with the "raytracing on track" line. PD were shackled by last generation tech and not enough time to redo the tracks, physics, lighting etc That really show what these new consoles are capable of.

Indeed it does. It's even more impressive considering it's still very early in the generation.

Tomeru

Talking about physics is kinda unsexy for a 90 min E3 showing, it's probably going to be in one of their Forza monthly videos.
Doesn't matter. They always say they have the best tyre simulation model and such, only the end result is never a top contender. Pc sims are always better 💁‍♂️

Banned
On the top end pc gpu's, I think it might be 4k60 especially if they are able to lean into FSR/DLSS.

I do wonder if T10 will try to make the fidelity of the RT reflections dynamic.

I kinda bet they will at least make the LODs inside reflections dynamic depending on GPU load.

on PC I really hope they support DLSS

Three

Going by that footage - it is not cross gen. GT7 on ps5 could pass for a ps4 pro title with just a few changes

This would need a massive rehaul to run on last gen
Are the platforms confirmed? I'm saying what if it's crossgen though. To be honest I don't see anything in that footage to suggest it couldn't be. FH5 was.

reksveks

Doesn't matter. They always say they have the best tyre simulation model and such, only the end result is never a top contender. Pc sims are always better 💁‍♂️
I am not talking about whether the physic model will be the 'best'; just saying why this wasn't the place for it imo.

reksveks

Are the platforms confirmed? I'm saying what if it's crossgen though. To be honest I don't see anything in that footage to suggest it couldn't be. FH5 was.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06...t-technically-advanced-racing-game-ever-made/

Forza Motorsport has been built from the ground up to showcase the Xbox Series X|S consoles.
We’ve completely overhauled the core driving experience to take advantage of the power of the Xbox Series consoles. This includes a 48 times improvement in the fidelity of our physics simulation

Also for others

We can’t wait to share more details about Forza Motorsport soon! In the meantime, tune into Forza Monthly this Thursday, June 16 on our official Twitch and YouTube channels where I’ll take you through the trailer.

recykle

Neo Member
Phenomenal looking game, this is probably the first true next gen game we are getting that is pushing everything to the limit. If every track got this sort of treatment we are in for a treat especially with both dynamic weather and daytime making races far more interesting and visually pleasing.

I really hope launch dates don't overlap to closely with Redfall, Diablo, and Starfield that's simply too many great games in the 6 month period next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom