• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport is launching next Spring on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass (Xbox, PC, Cloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three

I wouldn't count that as confirmation to be honest. Wait for confirmation.

"It will truly be an astounding showcase for the Xbox Series consoles."
Mike Brown, creative director of FH5.

Saying it's built from the ground up for Series consoles (they said that with Halo Infinite with the slipspace engine). Or that it is a showcase for the Series consoles doesn't mean it isn't cross gen.

reksveks

Saying it's built from the ground up for Series consoles (they said that with Halo Infinite with the slipspace engine). Or that it is a showcase for the Series consoles doesn't mean it isn't cross gen.
Does the closest thing to a store page count?

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/forza-motorsport

W2KmUJf.jpg

If not, no worries. Let's just see but I am confident in assuming it's a series console game.

Last edited:

It's not crossgen mate, how many times you need to be told? Just like Starfield is current generation only.

Dampf

Hope it’s 60fps with Ray Tracing.
You can literally see it's running at 60 FPS with RT in the trailer. Even on Series S, they say.

The compromise for that is lower geometric detail. FH5 looks a lot more detailed.

Not that i care about RT, and wont be using it on PC, did they mention if RT was in gameplay too or just replays?
If you are not turning RT on in the PC version, then you are playing with worse graphics than Series S. Why would you do that to yourself?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I will watch the trailer again to be sure but with this game being current gen only and having a new engine I expected it to look mind blowing

Last edited:

Calverz

Its in game you can even see it in the gameplay snippet
look at the knob on the roof right and the mirrors that reflect the side carbon fiber panel edit: also on the right brake light you see the body reflecting on the glass
4LF8ZPF.jpg
Was that gameplay 30 or 60? I couldn’t tell on the shitty stream

Riky

$MSFT
You can literally see it's running at 60 FPS with RT in the trailer. Even on Series S, they say.

They also said 4k, I really hope Turn 10 are at the extended showcase and we see more of what we are actually getting, also the Series S version and how far the PC version can be pushed

I just watched the trailer again and it looks better than the 1st time I watched it. I still don't think it looks like a current gen only game I thought it would look better but it does look good
Did you watch it in 4k? This is objectively the best looking racer, by a wide margin. And massive updates to physics, day/night cycles, etc. in comparison to other racers, what could have been better?

Inviusx

Can someone point out the "mind blowing, shits all over everything else" aspect of this trailer? I've watched it now at 4k on my TV and I'm not sure what I'm missing. It looks very standard, the real time RT is cool but not really game changing in 2022. I just think it looked like a current gen racing game.

Lighting seemed very bloomy and didn't really contrast well with the orange trees, just looked kinda blah.

Am I too jaded already with how current gen games look?

Can someone point out the "mind blowing, shits all over everything else" aspect of this trailer? I've watched it now at 4k on my TV and I'm not sure what I'm missing. It looks very standard, the real time RT is cool but not really game changing in 2022. I just think it looked like a current gen racing game.

Lighting seemed very bloomy and didn't really contrast well with the orange trees, just looked kinda blah.

Am I too jaded already with how current gen games look?
Idk what you expected, just compare it to other racing games available on the market and you might see the differences.

Data Ghost

This was the game of the show for me, I have huge respect for the devs and this looks beautiful. I also buy every GT game and once again I found GT on the PS5 to lack any, excitement. It just all looks and plays so flat and sterile.

As for the rest of the show (and gaming shows in general these days) I hate a lot of the tripe that's being produced with naff names and the same looking graphics. World exclusive!: Steck - Blade of Millet. World Exclusive!: Chent - Orient of the Rhind. World Exclusive!: Talisman - Night of the Hunter.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Did you watch it in 4k? This is objectively the best looking racer, by a wide margin. And massive updates to physics, day/night cycles, etc. in comparison to other racers, what could have been better?
Yes and it looks good I just think the lighting falls a little flat at times in the trailer

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

They did GT7 in four years. So why would it take them 5 to do a ground up PS5 remake 5 years? A GT8 probably 3 years with good management.

The more I played GT7 the more I realize its not much more than a GT Sport Spec II. Even the career is nothing stellar and such content was also added to Sport. If it takes them 4 years to build this, then a proper GT8 thats completely revised would take them far longer.

Sanepar

The more I played GT7 the more I realize its not much more than a GT Sport Spec II. Even the career is nothing stellar and such content was also added to Sport. If it takes them 4 years to build this, then a proper GT8 thats completely revised would take them far longer.
If gt7 was like gt sport would be good. They destroyed the online mode letting people with upgrades goes on race instead of stock cars.

The best aspect of gt sport is missing from gt7. I have faith forza can make a strict stock online system, but I think only Assetto Corsa 2 will save us.

Yes and it looks good I just think the lighting falls a little flat at times in the trailer
It's fully dynamic no tricks, just look at the lighting and how it creates shadows from the environments it's very impressive. I'm not sure what you're actually looking at? Beyond RTGI you can't really improve much from what they're doing.

Andodalf

Banned
It definitely still has the Forza Motorsport lighting look that doesn't impress me. Forza Horizon's lighting looks a lot more realistic imo. It's weird since they both use the same engine. Even the photogrammetry rocks shown in this F8 video aren't on the level of FH5.
It looks better than the 60 fps mode of FH5, which is the best comparison if this was really SX gameplay. PC will push further, and we’ll see if the console version has a 30 fps mode, but i doubt it honestly.

Ellery

They are by far the best people Microsoft have working on games.

All the Forza games I've played so far were quality and fun games. Racing might not be to everyone's taste, but Forza should cover a pretty big range of people.

Looking forward to Forza Motorsport next year

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

2 things to sum up this video:

1. FM7 still looks great.
  2. FM(8) looks insane.
Edit: From the recent post on forza.net:

Tune into Forza Monthly this Thursday, June 16 on our official Twitch and YouTube channels when Forza Motorsport Creative Director Chris Esaki will dive into what you see in the trailer

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The sounds is strongest point for me. I listened it in proper headphones and even with shitty youtube compression it has punch, low end which isn't muddy and it has certain "clarity", which isn't in many games.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Maybe but with Sony having this fucking mad obsession with remakes who's to say they won't do a PS5 GT7 built ground up?

There's already a native PS5 GT7 that Sony charged $70-$100 for. You're insane if you think the people who bought that version will buy another one for $70 just for some minor visual upgrades compared to what they already have.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
They are by far the best people Microsoft have working on games.

All the Forza games I've played so far were quality and fun games. Racing might not be to everyone's taste, but Forza should cover a pretty big range of people.

Looking forward to Forza Motorsport next year

How deranged you have to be to give this post a LOL reaction?

scalman

am i alone here who wasnt impressed at all .. ? i mean that RT must cost a lot ... so it costs where ? there must be some stuff that just couldnt be done because RT ... dynamic time of day and weather ... yh we have that on Horizon.. and do i care so much about it ? im not sure... my race will last like 2-5 laps most ... by that time no time of day or weather should rly change if its realistic... so it changes when ? i mean its just event racing game not open world... no thats impressive .. again look at Horizon 5. we have that allready... and for RT .. ok if you play from cockpit only how much that RT will affect your gameplay ? not sure.. for replays sure... but then they said RT will be for XSS as well ... i mean cmon its weak console.. what RT could be for that ... again we need to loose something to get RT.
most important thing that wasnt showed on trailer or gameplay where ... real racing ... and cockpit views... and physics ... they kinda didint talked about it much did they now ? i wonder why .. now its all about how tracks detailed and RT ... sorry no ... we have Horizon for that
and notice how they not showing anywhere numbers 4K and 60fps ... lol and they didnt even said its 60fps...haha something is not right there ...

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
am i alone here who wasnt impressed at all .. ? i mean that RT must cost a lot ... so it costs where ? there must be some stuff that just couldnt be done because RT ... dynamic time of day and weather ... yh we have that on Horizon.. and do i care so much about it ? im not sure... my race will last like 2-5 laps most ... by that time no time of day or weather should rly change if its realistic... so it changes when ? i mean its just event racing game not open world... no thats impressive .. again look at Horizon 5. we have that allready... and for RT .. ok if you play from cockpit only how much that RT will affect your gameplay ? not sure.. for replays sure... but then they said RT will be for XSS as well ... i mean cmon its weak console.. what RT could be for that ... again we need to loose something to get RT.
most important thing that wasnt showed on trailer or gameplay where ... real racing ... and cockpit views... and physics ... they kinda didint talked about it much did they now ? i wonder why .. now its all about how tracks detailed and RT ... sorry no ... we have Horizon for that

Reading this post gave me headache.

anigif_enhanced-4204-1452479288-2.gif

Last edited:
and notice how they not showing anywhere numbers 4K and 60fps ... lol and they didnt even said its 60fps...haha something is not right there ...
I imagine you are.

Riky

$MSFT
2 things to sum up this video:

1. FM7 still looks great.
  2. FM(8) looks insane.
Edit: From the recent post on forza.net:

Tune into Forza Monthly this Thursday, June 16 on our official Twitch and YouTube channels when Forza Motorsport Creative Director Chris Esaki will dive into what you see in the trailer

Maybe they won't be there Tuesday then, could do both I suppose.

Clearly I didn't because they used "xbox consoles" in the trailer and there was a rumour of it being playtested on xbox One but Ok if that makes you feel better.
Well, alright if you say so, but when this was announced was it not made clear that it was nextgen only? And that alpha testing thing was being streamed through the Series X server boards through the cloud right?

When was that summer fest thing they had in July, was that two summers ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom