• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport is launching next Spring on Xbox and Xbox Game Pass (Xbox, PC, Cloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why did they call Modern Warfare that and not Modern Warfare 4? Why God of War and not God of War 4?

I don't know. :)

Well, in the case of GoW it's clearly the start of something quite different from the old games, with only loose connections to them. I still think it's kinda weird that it has the exact same title as the original, since it has nothing to do with that game, but calling it GoW4 wouldn't have been quite right either.

But this is a racing game. What does "reboot" even mean here? How is that any different from what a FM8 would be? It's not like there's a story arc across the different installments.

Last edited:
I'm not downplaying FM at all; I think it looks pretty great in actuality especially for having in-game car damage and in-game realtime RT, both are pluses over GT7.

But the people saying it "destroys" GT7 visually are exaggerating massively IMHO. Environmental detail might be better on the actual tracks themselves, but trackside detail seems like a wash between the two. Same with car model details (again minus FM having the advantage of realtime RT and car damage). In terms of lighting I think GT7 is superior and by a considerable margin, even ignoring there's no realtime RT in-game. PD just seem to have a better taste for controlled, realistic lighting, and their color palettes are a big advantage in that regard as well.

I’ve seen quite a bit of GT7 since it’s out and playable. Granted I’ve seen very little of Forza Motorsport because it’s not out. But what I’ve seen from Forza, it is far better than GT7. GT7 looks and plays like a PS4 game with higher resolution and assets. Which it is. Forza looks like a generation beyond that.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I'm not downplaying FM at all; I think it looks pretty great in actuality especially for having in-game car damage and in-game realtime RT, both are pluses over GT7.

But the people saying it "destroys" GT7 visually are exaggerating massively IMHO. Environmental detail might be better on the actual tracks themselves, but trackside detail seems like a wash between the two. Same with car model details (again minus FM having the advantage of realtime RT and car damage). In terms of lighting I think GT7 is superior and by a considerable margin, even ignoring there's no realtime RT in-game. PD just seem to have a better taste for controlled, realistic lighting, and their color palettes are a big advantage in that regard as well.

Those two things, color palette and lighting, basically even things out between FM and GT7 visually, in spite of some of the advantages the former has. GT7 just seems like it looks and feels more "lived in" in terms of overall visual fidelity, meanwhile FM still has a bit too much of a cartoonish look that's part of their choice of color palette and lighting style tho that's been kind of a thing with the series since the first game.

Overall tho which one you prefer is probably down to subjective preference.
You are soo wrong with this one and the other things you say that you have no idea what you are saying. Even FM7 had better track side details than GT7 on PS5 outside the trees obv. And Forza used photomode car lod in game since Forza Horizon 3 while GT has always had lower quality lod in game. Its not even comparable with the new FM, the track side details and environments really destroys GT7 im not joking. And lighting always looked better in GT till Forza Horizon 4 and 5, and now with FM they have comparable lighting if not even better in some instances and vice versa. Just a small reminder what cross gen did to GT7 and why PD didn't even upgrade most of the real life tracks that where already lacking behind the competition. BTW Im not gonna turn this thread in to GT VS FORZA thread, if you want to discuss this further come over to the next gen racing graphics thread.
lmUObGl.jpg

wxBwDAP.jpg

kPVUJml.jpg

mv6xmHI.jpg

Now think, after you saw the difference between FM7 vs FM reboot how big will the difference be comapared to GT7?

Wasn’t there a rumor that this game would be PC and Series S/X exclusive and not on Xbox One?
Maybe the wording Xbox consoles is confusing me.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Wasn’t there a rumor that this game would be PC and Series S/X exclusive and not on Xbox One?
Maybe the wording Xbox consoles is confusing me.
Its still current gen exclusive, the rumor was the other way around but was false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom