• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Four Van Gogh Museum employees suspended after Pokémon exhibit chaos

Draugoth

Gold Member
Untitled-1_aox7bS0.jpg

Four employees of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam were suspended due to misconduct during its Pokémon exhibition last year. Though the museum did not confirm the number of employees involved, it confirmed security guards and public service employees were suspended in mid-December for not adhering to the procedures and codes of conduct for staff.

Sources at the museum told Dutch site Het Parool that at least four employees were involved. One employee allegedly embezzled a box of Pokémon cards, while others informed visitors of when they could purchase tickets to the exhibition. A spokesperson for the museum confirmed to Het Parool the employees will not return to the museum. One of those involved worked for the museum for 25 years.

The Pokémon Van Gogh exhibit opened in September and ran until the start of January. It featured six paintings of Pokémon in the style of Van Gogh and offered an exclusive Pikachu trading card plus other merchandise.

AJUMP23

while others informed visitors of when they could purchase tickets to the exhibition.

How is this a violation of the rules?

I get the person that stole cards. But telling people when to buy tickets seems like a weird reason to punish them.

If I worked there I would also want a pack of unique cards or merch as well. I think as the Museum you should print enough to give a pack to every employee.

I get why the embezzler lost his job but the reason for the others is puzzling me.

How is this a violation of the rules?

I get the person that stole cards. But telling people when to buy tickets seems like a weird reason to punish them.

If I worked there I would also want a pack of unique cards or merch as well. I think as the Museum you should print enough to give a pack to every employee.

I think that's more an translation thing. I read that it's supposed to mean they informed people they know about the timing of the event and what not ahead of the reveal and gave them an advantage or something.

Top Bottom