• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fresh Prince reboot will happen...as soon as "hell freezes over"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article here.

According to Will Smith, his reign as the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air definitively ended along with the series' finale 20 years ago, as the actor recently shot down the possibility of returning for a reboot of the popular '90s sitcom.

"I don't think ever, like pretty close to when hell freezes over," Smith told E! as he promoted Suicide Squad alongside co-star Margot Robbie. "Like, we're going to leave that one alone."

giphy.gif

New cast:

Jaden Smith as Will Smith
Hannibal Burress as Uncle Phil
Aisha Tyler as Aunt Viv

Throw some new blood in there as the Banks kids and Lil' Wayne as Jazz, and you got yourself a stew.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I was thinking about this the other day. How I don't want it at all. Glad he put his foot down on it.

Makonero

After he got scathing criticism he didn't understand for taking Wild Wild West in a bizarre direction compared to the source material and against the creator's wishes, Will said he began to understand by imagining someone rebooting Fresh Prince without him and ignoring his wishes. He's always been very protective of his show.

After he got scathing criticism he didn't understand for taking Wild Wild West in a bizarre direction compared to the source material and against the creator's wishes, Will said he began to understand by imagining someone rebooting Fresh Prince without him and ignoring his wishes. He's always been very protective of his show.

I thought all the insane shit in that movie was thanks to producer Jon Peters, or that's what Kevin Smith led me to believe.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should remake it with Will putting on weight, or a fat suit, to play Uncle Phil. Jayden is his Carlton.

Kamek

Everyone just wants to relive their childhood. No one actually wants it, just like no one actually wanted Fuller House or Girl Meets World.

Except that Girl Meets World is one of the highest rated shows on Disney Channel, and Fuller House has just been renewed for season two. I can't tell if your post was supposed to be sarcasm, but there are people out there who will and want to watch these things.

Makonero

I thought all the insane shit in that movie was thanks to producer Jon Peters, or that's what Kevin Smith led me to believe.

Yeah, but Will didn't understand why all that was a big deal.

I made a mistake on Wild Wild West. That could have been better. … No, it's funny because I could never understand why Robert Conrad was so upset with Wild Wild West. And now I get it. It's like, 'That's my baby! I put my blood, sweat and tears into that!' So I'm going to apologize to Mr. Conrad for that because I didn't realize. I was young and immature. So much pain and joy went into [my series]The Fresh Prince that my greatest desire would be that it's left alone.

— Will Smith, Total Film magazine, Feb 2009 Issue 151, pp 120-125, Will Smith: The Total Film Interview, by Lesley O'Toole, Future Publishing Ltd., London England

zeemumu

Put it on Netflix. Call it Fresher Prince.

"Where's Will?"

"He couldn't make it because he's busy with his acting career."

*stare at camera*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom