• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friends: The Reunion | Official Trailer | HBO Max

‘Friends’ reunion special arrives on HBO Max on May 27

The long-awaited “Friends” reunion special will arrive on HBO Max on May 27, exactly one year after it was originally expected to debut on the streaming service.

The reunion was delayed multiple times due to production shutdowns during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. It had been slated to be filmed in early 2020, but was only able to begin filming this April.

The program will feature all six “Friends” stars — Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer. It’s estimated that each actor was paid $2.5 million for participating in the special.

“Friends” aired its final episode in 2004, but has had a major resurgence in pop culture because of streaming. Younger generations, who missed out on the sitcom in the late ’90s, have gravitated toward it in recent years. Its popularity resulted in a bidding war from platforms that wished to own the content.

In 2020, all 10 seasons of the show left Netflix and went to HBO Max in a deal that is rumored to have cost WarnerMedia around $400 million. The show originally aired on NBC.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The guys got super ugly and the woman stayed mostly the same. Very surprising.
Jen barely looks any different.
they should of done an actual hour long episode with this at the end, a two special or something

Great Hair

Banned
Fuck F*t J.Corden Bleu.

james-corden-airplane-story-1-1558562182458.jpg
james-corden-airplane-story-2-1558562191381.jpg

Soltype

Thank Christ I'm not alone here.

edit: Additional thoughts:

Jesus H Christ, does James Corden have to fucking glom on to everything these days? Get this guy out of here.

Jennifer Aniston is still smoking hot.
I tried to watch while it was on, the show is genuinely not funny. I get the feeling dumb people identified with these characters, which in itself is scary, and just kept tuning in.

I honestly thought he was gay 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Did any of them NOT do plastic surgery? What is going on with their cheeks?

This is kinda weird to look at. I mean, it's not an actual Friends episode but they're just retelling memories? I though they were doing an actual show. That would've been wild.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Call me when they do a reunion special for the show that Friends was based on... Living Single

Friends was never funny. Just pretentious

Soodanim

Hated this show when it was on, and I still don't get it.
I'm not into it nearly as much as my friends are, and I hate some of the bits people seem to find the funniest ("Pivot!"), but it's easy watching. Light hearted show with mass appeal. I'll watch an episode of Always Sunny over Friends 10/10 times, but they're going for different audiences.
The guys got super ugly and the woman stayed mostly the same. Very surprising.
The first thing I noticed about Courtney Cox was the work she's had done. At least the guys aged naturally

Dr Bass

Did any of them NOT do plastic surgery? What is going on with their cheeks?

This is kinda weird to look at. I mean, it's not an actual Friends episode but they're just retelling memories? I though they were doing an actual show. That would've been wild.
I thought it was going to be an actual episode too. This is just weird. I mean an actual episode would have been weird too, but I don't even get the point of this.

mango drank

Friends was great from seasons 3-6 or so, then got really hit or miss, after (I'm assuming) the good writers got burned out and left the show. But it had some hilarious bits.

This phone convo between Phoebe and Earl is comedy gold:

Ditto everyone dealing with having to eat the disgusting beef dessert Rachel screwed up:

Pagusas

Elden Member
The dudes look like older dudes...

... wtf is everyone in this thread talking about

The dudes look like normal older dudes, not hollywood older dudes, where as the women look like hot hollywood older versions of themselves.

Its just weird and not what I expected, no George Clooney's or Tom Cruises in that bunch.

teezzy

Banned
I'm not into it nearly as much as my friends are, and I hate some of the bits people seem to find the funniest ("Pivot!"), but it's easy watching. Light hearted show with mass appeal. I'll watch an episode of Always Sunny over Friends 10/10 times, but they're going for different audiences.

The first thing I noticed about Courtney Cox was the work she's had done. At least the guys aged naturally

I saw Courtney Cox in person once as an extra on the set of Scream 4... she looked like she could use a burger or two. Shockingly thin

teezzy

Banned
My cousins and I was would binge the Friends dvds.

Every year for Christmas or her birthday,, my cousin was gifted a new season until she had them all.

Idk, I haven't revisited in a long while but I'd me bore than interested to go back and brace the nostalgia

Pidull

It was on in the same time slot as family guy and whose line is it anyway. Why would anyone choose friends over either of those shows.
Didn't remember this, but now I know why I never watched it when it was popular, I tried to catch every episode of Whose Line.

Mossybrew

This show was......very much of its time.

For sure. I enjoyed it back when it first aired, but the few times I've tried to watch an episode over the last few years, I dunno, I just can't get into it. Something about it just hasn't aged well, unlike say, Seinfeld which is still great to this day.

Bragr

Banned
What a fucking cheese-fest, watching Hollywood actors think back on their glory days and talk about it like it's the greatest human achievement in human history is physically painful.

Still, I didn't mind Friends back in the days, was alright.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Did Ross and Chandler get plastic surgery?

Top Bottom